Dollie

Character Loss (forced to create a new character) Issue

Following up on character loss issue; we've fixed some cases where people were unable to connect to their characters with v15.67 and we are continuing to investigate reports. It is a priority for the team. In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment. We appreciate your patience while we work through this and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If the character you lost was the owner of your Company, please submit a support ticket here so we can have a GM assist you in regaining ownership.

If you would like to tell us the steps leading up to this occurring for you, please do so as it may be useful to our ongoing investigation. Include the Network on which you were playing at the time and the server. Please keep it concise ie: Network/Server/Steps prior the the issue:

Did you experience this:
- When logging in after a deployment
- After death
- After transition

And for those of you who managed to get your characters back, did that occur when:
- Relogging
- After death
- After transition

Thank you guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

For me all I did was play atlas on Hydras Den - D11 as normal. I had to log out.  
I came back to my pc had blue screened of death.
I reinstalled Windows all my drivers and steam, downloaded atlas hit play then I had no rejoin option.
I can see the servers I click Hydras den and select a freeport but I disconnect after it says I am joining such and such freeport. 
shortly after, the game freezes and crashes to desktop.
I don't even have an option to create a new character either.

It was before the patch I had this problem. 
It's now been 2 days since I have not been able to login.  

20190124125928_1-min.jpg

12343-min.jpg

Edited by Ultrasneaky
  • Like 2

experienced it after being stuck in a bugged freeport for several hours where i could not die by any means or interact with items/animals.

I finally died randomly by a bug, then i was able to log into a freeport only once and saw that i had lost like 14 levels, after that i have only gotten to the create new character screen.

So it seems my character simply got corrupted by all those bugs.. should be easy enough to just let people create new characters and give them their lvl back.. but to ask people to start over after having spent hundreds of hours in game is just not fair.

• Like 2

i kept dying when i was trying for a power stone in k6 and it said i couldn't use the bed system to transfer to any bed other than the one i had at the island then i logged off for the day and couldn't rejoin later that day it kept putting me into make a new char screen. looks like i have to make a new char and lose all my levels and age if this isn't fixed.

NA PVP the kraken's maw

Edited by Jace Panda
  • Like 1

NA PVP / F8 / Can't get on my character after death,and when I try to join a freeport I found I can only creat a new character.

Please get my character back as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JusTits said:

NA PVP / F8 / Can't get on my character after death,and when I try to join a freeport I found I can only creat a new character.

Please get my character back as soon as possible. Thanks.

Likewise, death cannot be resurrected, only new roles can be created.

• Like 1

I made a post about it almost happening to me.

Once I was prompted to make a new character, I didnt.  Just waited it out until I could get back in.  I also connected to NA, and then went back to EU (where it happened), and it had worked.
My company member, who was also company owner, made a new character when it happened to him even earlier than me.   Now he's still waiting for a DEV to come fix it. 
Creating the character probably overwrites the previous one.

• Like 1

Region transfer glitch in action. 
All he did was enter the boarder on Hydras den and bang glitch just happened. 
This is pretty much how it starts. 
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousTameYakinikuKappaWealth

the second time this has happened already. 
https://clips.twitch.tv/OddTastyDolphinSoonerLater

Edited by Ultrasneaky
New second video of region transfer glitch
  • Like 1

NA PVP
After my character dies I tried freeport respawn
After two or three failures
Only the new character creation screen was visible

i am currently creating and playing a new character,
I want to hear the answer to whether recovery is impossible.

• Like 1

NA PVP kraken's maw, b9 , just returned from sailing and was standing on my bout.

Anytime I try to log in to my character my computer just turns Tf off instantly I start to render enough to see my character , my gear and half of my boat and then bang computer off this not cool. I'm able to play other games it's just when I load into atlas. 

Edited by Dillmar
  • Like 1

NA Pvp The Krakens Maw. I was in D12 trying to run into the cave for the power stone, after failing multiple times on my last death I decided I was gonna spawn back in my home base N6. As soon as I clicked the bed and respawn it loaded like it was going to spawn me there and then it took be back to the spawn screen. I tried multiple other areas, back in D12 again and it kept taking me to the spawn screen. Finally I quit the game and rejoined and it instantly connected me saying “Failed to transfer” as I saw the background was like my character was in the water in first person. After that I couldn’t do anything but quit so I did again and restarted and now every time I start the game it brings starts off with the main screen, then has a box saying (Finding Game, Attempting to join a game from invite or direct join...) and automatically brings me to the create a character screen. I have no option to do anything else I can’t stop it from happening it just forces me to make a character. Which I’m not gonna do atm. When I create one it’s always the same Freeport,East Low Desert Freeport (J9). Hopefully you guys find out the issue, thanks.

• Like 1

I was trying to fast travel from K8 to I9 and getting the fast travel error.  I then killed myself and tried to respawn and only k8 worked so i changed my home region to E12 which didnt work for spawning.  I then  restarted the game and upon clicking rejoin atlas I was given the character creation screen.  Made a new character but the other is still the company owner.

• Like 1

NA PVP

Teleported to H6 powerstone island to destroy one of our company sloops, after that, I killed myself and tried to spawn back on the main base (O2) but kept getting a transfer error. I tried to relog several times to fix the issue and eventually my game bugged such that whenever i try to rejoin the game I first get 'Host Pending Connection Timeout' then no matter what i click i get forced into a character creation menu.  I didn't make a new one yet and stopped playing until you guys fix it or i quit forever. Had 8/8 powerstones level 61 and fountain of youth buff. ( ingame name VADIKUS007 , Family: U , company: Uganda)  Company members still can see my character on the company list, please fix been almost 3 days...

• Like 1

NA PVP

there was some server lock issue when it happened, 

saw a tweet by a dev to log in to another server cause he thought its fixed and people can move servers now

died and logged into A6 freeport to test it, and suddenly I had my character , but rollbacked for 2 weeks.

lost my artefact key, 4 power stones, fountain of youth buff(reverted to old age), levels, skills reverted back, all bonus discovery points, even my hotbar in the UI reverted back.

I have tried to die and log into different servers, 

relog after few days without a corpse

change servers, leaving game and returning after

turning it off and on again too 😃 

but so far, nothing worked in returning it.

this is very disheartening,  

good luck in the debugging efforts I hope you will fix it.

• Like 1

So for me it all happened while there was the bug that prevented players from switching grids on the NA PvP server. I was on a Freeport (G7 I think) because that was the place where I logged off the last time. After logging in I wanted to respawn at my base in the O - regions, so I killed myself and realized that It doesnt let me teleport to my bed. After somehow successfully choosing a bed in my base I tried to travel there. It was loading normally like always when this showed up:

Screen.thumb.jpg.bbd39ff3bf937d279f72e7ea4a2fa4b8.jpg

Nothing happened after that, so I closed the game and tried to join again. I wasn't aware  that everyone had problems travelling to other grids. After trying to respawn at my base, the same screen showed up. But this time it disconnected me from the server. I tried again to rejoin the server but all it did was to throw me into the character creation screen no matter what I tried after that.

Now when I try to get into the server after the travelling grids bug was fixed, I can choose on which Freeport to spawn, but it shows me the "Lost/ timedout pending connection to host" error in the menu. When closing the error it automatically tries to reconnect me, but this time I get directed to the character creation screen instantly. For whatever reason it also chooses the L5 Freeport as the my new spawn, even if I never chose this location or played on it before the bug. My Company members still see my character in the Company (Baba Yaga, LVL 50, Company: Uganda, max lvl 56 with 3 Powerstones and FoY buff) It has been 3 days now.

I hope there will be a fix for this in the near future. It still isn't fixed for me no matter what I do. I tried every possible "solution" that I've read about. I won't start over with a new character after playing for ~250h with this one.

EDIT: This is getting Ridiculous. Btw the community would appreciate more updates to some topics...

Edited by BrokeLee
  • Like 3

I'm not sure if this is the same but I had an issue where after a crash the only choice I had on the main menu was to join a new server (no option to rejoin). So basically my character was lost in limbo. I did some looking around and found that LastServerConnectStringCache_*****************.txt was empty.  It is located at ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved. Luckily my wife was in the same zone so I was able to copy the server info into my LastServerConnectStringCache_*****************.txt. Instantly found my character upon restarting the game. I hope this helps someone.

still stuck in the create a new character screen. i was trying to get to the fountain of youth. in D11 died and gave up due to the insane lag. tried to re spawn in L5 free port. but just kept saying failed to transfer. and now stuck in limbo. i can see the global chat and people talking and i can also talk in global chat mind you i'm not even talking with my own character..??? but again still stuck in the character creating screen. ya seriously need to get this figured out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image0.jpgits been four image0.jpg

Edited by Helzrax
  • Like 1

I lost my character when attempting to change my home server, just as the server upgrades to patch 11.2 start happening. This was AFTER lawless were removed as available home regions. I was not paying attention at first, but it was giving me lawless regions as options, and I ended up selecting F12 instead of E12. I later figured out this was because I had "Favorites" selected instead of "Official". I received the time out dialog, and upon relogging, got presented with the character customization screen. This came back no matter what I tried, which included restarting the game, rebooting computer, verifying files, selecting new home regions, logging into the PVE servers and back, and leaving it overnight to try again in the morning.  I realized that I was able to see the global chat of f12 and talk as a "nomad", and that probably meant I was screwed, so i went ahead and made my character and it even let me spawn in F12, when i shouldn't of been able to.

• Like 1

I fall into the multiple repeating ruins reports here.

With that Dolly, I'm willing to leave my character in the lost state for a very long time if you are working in a solution.

I've already bought a second copy of the game to continue playing.

Just answer this... Do you expect the missing characters to ever be restored?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pallist said:

I fall into the multiple repeating ruins reports here.

With that Dolly, I'm willing to leave my character in the lost state for a very long time if you are working in a solution.

I've already bought a second copy of the game to continue playing.

Just answer this... Do you expect the missing characters to ever be restored?

Everyone is asking for this! Tell me - should we wait or not? Many bought the second copy of the game! Everyone is waiting and I do not know what to do!

" In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment." This is fairly clrear cut, I don't understand the confusion. I lost my character, and while I was salty about it, I reminded myself this is early access and moved on, and leveled my new character beyond what the first one was. It is really not that hard with these rates and doing a few treasure map runs/killing alphas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cryptolocker said:

" In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment." This is fairly clrear cut, I don't understand the confusion. I lost my character, and while I was salty about it, I reminded myself this is early access and moved on, and leveled my new character beyond what the first one was. It is really not that hard with these rates and doing a few treasure map runs/killing alphas.

Six jewels were lost. 

I have submitted 2 tickets on this issue. Glad to see this and will give info in hopes it will recover my player and base. I had not logged in for over 24 hours and when I did log there was an update. I am in lawless zone F12, I logged and was going out to harvest food when my disconnect happened. When I tried to reconnect it did not offer the rejoin option. I haven't played since because I am unsure of what to do and don't want to complicate the issue I am having any further with any posted fixes that are not done by the dev team.. please help us. Thanks