Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

I like the aging up thing...

... but this going to the Golden Ruins thing is bullshit. I refuse. If you delete my character I will leave the game forever. But I am not doing this Fountain of Youth at the Golden Ruins thing. 

1 minute ago, Stabby said:

... but this going to the Golden Ruins thing is bullshit. I refuse. If you delete my character I will leave the game forever. But I am not doing this Fountain of Youth at the Golden Ruins thing. 

Why do you like it? 

Please explain how this is possible.

I like the aging system.  I hope they expand further on the mechanic.  Once the ruins get sorted out (which they will) then it will be a fun little goal and reason to go explore places.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

I like the aging system.  I hope they expand further on the mechanic.  Once the ruins get sorted out (which they will) then it will be a fun little goal and reason to go explore places.

Okay, but WHY do you like it?

I don't believe you even know why, which makes me think that isn't what you actually like about the game.

I think you'd like the game just as much even if it were not in.

Right now, you have a bunch of people who will quit over it, and a bunch of people who don't really mind if it is in the game or not. You wouldn't care if it were in or not, yet a lot of people do care that it is currently in, and ruining parts of the game they care about. The smart choice is to remove it. It is, in my opinion, one of the main reasons people are leaving the game in droves.

You'd lose basically nothing, you'd still like the game. People who don't like it are quitting. I want a living game, and i want this mechanic gone.

Edited by Tina Toothpick

28 minutes ago, Tina Toothpick said:

Okay, but WHY do you like it?

I don't believe you even know why, which makes me think that isn't what you actually like about the game.

I think you'd like the game just as much even if it were not in.

Right now, you have a bunch of people who will quit over it, and a bunch of people who don't really mind if it is in the game or not. You wouldn't care if it were in or not, yet a lot of people do care that it is currently in, and ruining parts of the game they care about. The smart choice is to remove it. It is, in my opinion, one of the main reasons people are leaving the game in droves.

You'd lose basically nothing, you'd still like the game. People who don't like it are quitting. I want a living game, and i want this mechanic gone.

Because it's something that hasn't been done really in a survival game before.  It forces people to go out and explore as I said.  It gives us yet another reason to leave our homes on the island and do things.  Once they add in the mechanics to further flesh out death and how it ages you faster it adds additional reasons to not want to die.  No more abusing the death system to avoid mechanics you don't like such as the food system.  I like systems that interplay and interchange with each other.   

I'm fairly certain I know exactly why I like it. Why you would assume I don't is a bit silly.  As for the people who throw hissy fits and will quit over it my only response to that is 'bye'.  We all have things we don't like and we all can make the choice if we want to put up with it or not.  No one is making anyone play this game nor made them sign up for early access.  Some of these features, including the aging system, were even discussed BEFORE the game went on sale.  So perhaps those people should have done their due diligence so they could properly set their expectations.