Sign in to follow this  
cfxyxx

I finally understand what the meaning of "you do not need restart your client"

This sentence means if you don't restart your game, you will lose connect and roll back about 5 minutes when you reconnect. And in that time, I am swimming in the water. I think I will lose all my tools again.😭

• Like 2

It just means you don't need to exit the game completely.  You get kicked and can sit at the main menu and rejoin once the server grid you are on comes back up.  No client side steam patch required.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

It just means you don't need to exit the game completely.  You get kicked and can sit at the main menu and rejoin once the server grid you are on comes back up.  No client side steam patch required.

pretty much this, usually I just sit on the menu screen and hit rejoin

• Like 1

@mndfreeze has it. When we release a major version, you'll always need to restart your clients (and sometimes Steam) to download the update, otherwise, you won't be able to connect to any updated servers. This is in the case of going from v15 -> v16, etc.

Sometimes we'll release minor client updates, they're usually just to make sure the client is aware of changes on the server but aren't necessary to play/enjoy the game, though we always recommend downloading them if we do push them out. For instance, with the FOY update, when we added the additional fountain, it required a client-side update so without it, you would have only seen the one -- which would suck cause you may have ended up travelling to the island where you couldn't see it.

Typically our updates are server-side so they don't require clients to download patches, just redeploying and updating the servers.

9 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Right up until the game crashes because it for some reason doesn't always like going back to main menu from being online 😛

yeah when i see that i try see their time estimate and beeline for a safe spot (especially at sea) , had one or 2 times i get back and im surrounded by SOTD is not fun , so some days i dont even sail due to the sudden down server , get back and hope im not shot dead at sea -.-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

@mndfreeze has it. When we release a major version, you'll always need to restart your clients (and sometimes Steam) to download the update, otherwise, you won't be able to connect to any updated servers. This is in the case of going from v15 -> v16, etc.

Sometimes we'll release minor client updates, they're usually just to make sure the client is aware of changes on the server but aren't necessary to play/enjoy the game, though we always recommend downloading them if we do push them out. For instance, with the FOY update, when we added the additional fountain, it required a client-side update so without it, you would have only seen the one -- which would suck cause you may have ended up travelling to the island where you couldn't see it.

Typically our updates are server-side so they don't require clients to download patches, just redeploying and updating the servers.

Yes, I understand. That massage makes me think I can still play do not need log out. Then, I dead in the sea😂. But, anyway thanks for reply

• Haha 1

My suggestion is to just go ahead an restart the client anyway. heck I take the time to restart my computer to insure I'm going back into the game fresh. It makes sure any Memory leaks get cleared up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

My suggestion is to just go ahead an restart the client anyway. heck I take the time to restart my computer to insure I'm going back into the game fresh. It makes sure any Memory leaks get cleared up.

This. The current state of the game crashes  upon clicking rejoin with each minor update if I don't restart the client. After which it freezes on loading PrimalBP and I have to force the application to close. So I do it anyway. It takes 10sec to 3min depending on your machine.

Edited by Nari

45 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

I do the same,  I mean why not you're gonna be waiting a little bit anyway.