Sign in to follow this  
RoyAwesome

companies Allow for a Tax on Company members

I would really like to tax our own company members like you can tax others. In Eve, taxes affected your own people and it allowed for the ability for guilds to provide a lot of ships and stuff for their members.

The same would be nice for ATLAS. Being able to tax company members would allow for most companies to be able to provide for their members and reduce the needs to resource constantly.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Yea makes no sense to not be able to tax members as well, having a different tax rate from randoms would be nice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rickbeard said:

Yea makes no sense to not be able to tax members as well, having a different tax rate from randoms would be nice

Agreed.  I'm fine with one overall tax rate but if we could set others to 30 and corp members to 15% that would be nice as well

• Like 2

This would be a game changing feature for members of our resource team, and would let more people actually play the best part of the game instead of resourcing. I'm all for this change.

• Like 3

Yep, this way people can build their own wacky stuff while also funding practical stuff like base defense and ship-of-the-lines.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

I would really like to tax our own company members like you can tax others. In Eve, taxes affected your own people and it allowed for the ability for guilds to provide a lot of ships and stuff for their members.

The same would be nice for ATLAS. Being able to tax company members would allow for most companies to be able to provide for their members and reduce the needs to resource constantly.

The difference is, in EVE what players collect belongs to them.  In Atlas, what players collect already belongs to the company.  If you are going to do this, the only way it makes sense is to let players have their own structures, their own ships and the resources they gather and not give it all to the company.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The difference is, in EVE what players collect belongs to them.  In Atlas, what players collect already belongs to the company.  If you are going to do this, the only way it makes sense is to let players have their own structures, their own ships and the resources they gather and not give it all to the company.

Kind of.  You can easily create personal pin-coded lockers for people to store their special snowflake gear inside.  And yes, while anybody in your company can sail your ship around, there are ways to make it difficult (pin-codes again, for one, or just making it a company rule to not take someone else's boat).

This mainly targets the kind of player who hates to spend a lot of time gathering resources for the group as a whole.  They spend only a little bit of time gathering resources to make their own personal items and keep their personal ship stocked and don't spend the hours farming for the company.  If you can tax part of that person's time, you can get the benefits for your group and you don't have to schedule a bunch of resource gathering operations to try to force people who hate to gather to restock supplies.

Take a little bit of their time piece by piece and they won't notice or care enough to complain.  And you can now spend your time planning events and operations that people actually WANT to do.

• Like 1

Will be abused, the main problem with resource gathering is moving it to your base, not actually harvesting it.

• Like 2

It is good if companies make promises and are not good when companies are doesn't do promises. So more players will leave the game. 

On 1/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jean Lafitte said:

The difference is, in EVE what players collect belongs to them.  In Atlas, what players collect already belongs to the company.  If you are going to do this, the only way it makes sense is to let players have their own structures, their own ships and the resources they gather and not give it all to the company.]

Completly agree. I just know realise this. No taxis inside company until they change the current system.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:11 PM, Reuben said:

Will be abused, the main problem with resource gathering is moving it to your base, not actually harvesting it.

Exactly ! This would be free teleportation of ressources !

• Like 1

y that would take the companies who actually just work together to a new level you get like 30% of recurces you dont have to carry around i dont think its a good idea. but the boats you should just be able to make it owned by a sigle person or company option

Gross. Large company admins test banks as their own personal resources enough already. 

Personally I prefer choosing what resources I donate to the company. 

• Like 1

While I am new to my company recently, I am of the mind that if the company needs help the it's my role to provide it if I can. Taxing me on everything I do would be a reason for me to return solo. The grind is already beefy enough and while I may get taxed on others lands, I control how much I lose so that I only go after what I really need and not just stock pile. To say that members who don't help out the company I have an easy solution: boot em and find more team based players. I spent most of weekend running treasure maps and not once did I fail to throw the invite out to join so all could get richer off my work. I simply refuse to believe that a player that would not help in the little things would actually be beneficial for anything other than bolstering member counts

Couldnt we have a set tax rate for company memeber level (just like a acess/inventory level?)

I'm all for it so long as I get to own my own ships/tames/flags and base and if I choose to leave the company they go with me otherwise why the f would I ever join a company? They already get my time protecting their flags, I build my own ships, I build my own base all that stuff "belongs" to the company as it is.
Taxing me on top of that so that the admins can make more galleons for themselves is a pointless waste of MY time.
If they provide me with cannon balls, panels for ships, or ships in general then yes sure, tax away, but they don't and any company that tried to tax members without providing those things would end up empty very quickly.

i like it. would be a way to create a sort of government and/or town. which is something id really like to see. Player made towns with markets and such with a "governor". not just player owned markets in freeports. but im a solo player so maybe that kind of idea just fits me better over joining a massive company.

Edited by nobody971

I would love to see this company tax.
I am always thinking about a company with the governance settings all on player owned. That way there is still something coming in for the company and everyone can do their own shit :D

No ?

Keep eve systems in eve has no business here, only thing this would achieve is a resurgence of mega comps ...
If your member doesnt contribute on his own then kick him/her.

Handholding in the form of company tax is just railroading players.

You could make it so any taxes collected from members of your company arrive in the tax bank on a "delay".

It shouldn't be instant teleportation of resources, but if you make the resources available after a few hours.. I think that would make most people happy.

I agree with being able to Tax our own company. As long as there is an option to set it to zero and change it whenever. Then you can do certain times or days or whatever. Have gathering parties etc. 

No, pls. Our company already abuses 30% of tax by kicking farming members out and then reinviting them. All because of resource transportation.