Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Thank you Community Managers - Bans taking place.

Since official news from GS is scant and dodgy at best, I thot I'd post there a few references I've discovered.  Hopefully this will restore some faith in GS that they are working on it and that exploits/hacks/cheats are not something they're simply turning a blind eye to.

First, a ban list posted by @Dollie  - This is a list of Steam ID's that have been banned by GS and it's supposedly updated with each ban.

http://atlasdedicated.com/pc/banlist.txt

Next, I know of two instances where @Dollie has intervened in both an exploit and an issue with 'extreme racism' resulting in bans.

And looking back over @Jatheish's recent posts he mentioned in a thread that 2 companies, one on NA-PVP and one on EU-PVP got dev wiped.

While many of our posts on here, mine included, are much more irrational and demanding in tone, I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to both of these community managers.

Though you may not the best at keeping the masses informed, it's comforting to know that if we take a little time and do a little digging that we can find evidence that you are concerned and actively working on some of our concerns.

Thanks!

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

This is funny.  51 views atm and not even a like? 

They get something wrong and everyone starts screaming.  They get something right and nobody cares?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

They get something wrong and everyone starts screaming.  They get something right and nobody cares?

They haven’t gotten anything right. Nobody cares about cheaters when the Megas a re the real problem.

time for a reality check. Megas are worse than the Chinese. And guess what they devs themselves are worse than both.

numbers weren’t dropping because of the Chinese. They are dropping because of the  Megas and the devs poor choices.

no wonder you don’t have any likes or comments. I didn’t hear one piece of good news in this post. The fact the even have a ban list is stupid and wrong

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

They haven’t gotten anything right. Nobody cares about cheaters when the Megas a re the real problem.

time for a reality check. Megas are worse than the Chinese. And guess what they devs themselves are worse than both.

numbers weren’t dropping because of the Chinese. They are dropping because of the  Megas and the devs poor choices.

no wonder you don’t have any likes or comments. I didn’t hear one piece of good news in this post. The fact the even have a ban list is stupid and wrong

You don't know what's what in this game because you don't even own this game.  Get off my thread and stop trying to sabotage everything GS does.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

They get something right

A day late and a dollar short

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, strawman said:

Yeah exactly 

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You don't know what's what in this game because you don't even own this game.  Get off my thread and stop trying to sabotage everything GS does.

I know that a banlist for people to see is disrespectful and very shallow. It is nobody’s business who gets banned. 

And with all of the other problems if all they can be proud about is putting up a ban list that is just sad.

time they started actually working on the game

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah exactly 

I know that a banlist for people to see is disrespectful and very shallow. It is nobody’s business who gets banned. 

And with all of the other problems if all they can be proud about is putting up a ban list that is just sad.

time they started actually working on the game

Do you see the URL on that banlist?  Do you understand what that banlist is for?  Of course you do.  You're just so narrow-minded with such a massive chip on your shoulder that you'll take any excuse you can find to slam them?  I cannot believe you got your ass pounded in Ark so badly that now you have to try to destroy things you have no knowledge of.  Typical American. If you don't like something, fuck it up for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Do you see the URL on that banlist?  Do you understand what that banlist is for?  Of course you do.  You're just so narrow-minded with such a massive chip on your shoulder that you'll take any excuse you can find to slam them?  I cannot believe you got your ass pounded in Ark so badly that now you have to try to destroy things you have no knowledge of.  Typical American. If you don't like something, fuck it up for everyone else.

Well first off, I am pretty sure you are just prejudice against Americans to begin with since you brought it up. We wouldn’t be in the position we are in if we weren’t pretty awesome.

and lol. In ark I was in Megas, alphas, medium tribes, small tribes, tribe of two and solo. Played hardcore, no tame and everything you can think of. I love ark.

this crap isn’t even close to being a good game. Look at how many people complain man. Open up your eyes. They really don’t care about the cheaters. Megas are way more of a problem. 

While we are at it I would just like to add real quick that we have reached the 20% decrease mark. Averages to 1 out of every 5 are no fed up. Let’s not make the discussion about this but I thought it was worth mentioning

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

Look at how many people complain man. Open up your eyes. They really don’t care about the cheaters. Megas are way more of a problem. 

I'm only concerned about one person complaining.  I'd rather be solo on a pvp server and wiped every minute of every single day by every single mega on the map than have to listen to your petty, conceited, arrogant, self-righteous whining about a game you know NOTHING about.

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well first off, I am pretty sure you are just prejudice against Americans to begin with since you brought it up. We wouldn’t be in the position we are in if we weren’t pretty awesome.

Furthermore... I AM one.  And it's assholes like you that make me wish I weren't.

Everyone talks about China #1 and how they behave on these servers. Take a look at yourself and how you represent your pretty awesome country on these forums. Do you think anyone just equates you to being who you are? No, you're just another self-righteous American who's trying to screw up a game because they have nothing better to do with their life.

Would some Canadian please adopt me and my wife?

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm only concerned about one person complaining.  I'd rather be solo on a pvp server and wiped every minute of every single day by every single mega on the map than have to listen to your petty, conceited, arrogant, self-righteous whining about a game you know NOTHING about.

So am i worse than the Chinese? If so the Chinese aren’t really that bad then.

i am pretty sure you wouldn’t want that to happen anyways. Megas are the true problem here. Streamer Megas were even exploiting on twitch and nothing happened. Of course it didn’t, they love their Megas.

happened in ark as well. There was a massive exploit found but since the Megas were the ones doing it they actually gave a 1 time amnesty to the Megas.

meanwhile, pubg banned 1.5 million people 😂 these devs are so corrupt it’s not even funny. They literally told the whole community that it’s ok if the Megas cheat but if the smaller tribes cheat they will get wiped, which happened all the time. Smh 

Edited by Realist

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

So am i worse than the Chinese? If so the Chinese aren’t really that bad then.

i am pretty sure you wouldn’t want that to happen anyways. Megas are the true problem here. Streamer Megas were even exploiting on twitch and nothing happened. Of course it didn’t, they live their Megas.

happened in ark as well. There was a massive exploit found but since the Megas were the ones doing it they actually game a 1 time amnesty to the Megas.

meanwhile, pubg banned 1.5 million people 😂 these devs are so corrupt it’s not even funny. They literally told the whole community that it’s ok if the Megas cheat but if the smaller tribes cheat they will get wiped, which happened all the time. Smh 

I rest my case.

Don Quixote tilting on windmills.  God @boomervoncannon pegged you with that.  Too bad you don't even comprehend that reference.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

9 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I rest my case.

Don Quixote tilting on windmills.  God @boomervoncannon pegged you with that.  Too bad you don't even comprehend that reference.

Saying that someone is crazy is one thing. Saying the a dev company y is bad when they have already proved it themselves multiple times is another.

the reference didn’t make sense

40 minutes ago, strawman said:

This is not an indy race... this is a marathon.  They are acting and that means something.  People are so unappreciative  😞

THEY ARE TRYING.  

I'm not a super fan (I hate the recent stone construction nerfs) but I'm still happy they are trying and progressing!

Just now, Dorf said:

This is not an indy race... this is a marathon.  They are acting and that means something.  People are so unappreciative  😞

THEY ARE TRYING.  

I'm not a super fan (I hate the recent stone construction nerfs) but I'm still happy they are trying and progressing!

The time to ban hackers was four weeks ago, before they accumulated 12,000 negative reviews on Steam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strawman said:

The time to ban hackers was four weeks ago, before they accumulated 12,000 negative reviews on Steam

Have a little empathy.  They have a million things to fix while running a company.  Things aren't gonna happen fast in an early access game.

Again, I'm not a blind fanboy.  I know they have screwed up a few things but they ARE trying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, strawman said:

Right, because days before it was released they should have already know every possible exploit there was.  Why didn't I realize that.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I put on underwear and pants this morning before I left the house.  Nobody high-fived me or gave me kudos as I walked around town though for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Omgthisnamesux said:

I put on underwear and pants this morning before I left the house.  Nobody high-fived me or gave me kudos as I walked around town though for that.

Maybe you should try gainful employment where you get a pat on the back for doing a good job. Has to be more profitable and entertaining than walking around town.

Then again...

If you meet as many.... interesting... people walking around as you do on these forums then maybe a job really is less entertaining.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Right, because days before it was released they should have already know every possible exploit there was.  Why didn't I realize that.

People were reporting the hacks all over Reddit and the forums for the first couple weeks of release, when they still could have salvaged the game's reputation, and Grapeshot did nothing.

3 minutes ago, Dorf said:

Have a little empathy.  They have a million things to fix while running a company.  Things aren't gonna happen fast in an early access game.

Again, I'm not a blind fanboy.  I know they have screwed up a few things but they ARE trying.

It's silly to have empathy for a corporation, and the larger gaming community only cares about quality and results. Atlas' reputation is, excuse the pun, set in stone now. I want to keep playing, but like most other people who bought the game, it's left me a bad taste and I'm not coming back without a major change in trajectory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, strawman said:

It's silly to have empathy for a corporation

I have sympathy for the people working for said company.  They are just like you and me.  They are trying to make a fun game and make some money off of it.  How would you like people to judge you so harshly for the work you do at your job.

You sound jaded.

Edited by Dorf
  • Like 1

Just now, Dorf said:

I sympathy for the people working for said company.  They are just like you and me.  They are trying to make a fun game and make some money off of it.  How would you like people to judge you so harshly for the work you do at your job.

You sound jaded.

Bet he's a prison guard.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

Saying that someone is crazy is one thing. Saying the a dev company y is bad when they have already proved it themselves multiple times is another.

the reference didn’t make sense

You just demonstrated you didn't understand the reference. I didn't call you Don Quixote because I think you're crazy. There are a million examples you could name that are more immediate and recognizable to readers of a forum if you want to compare someone to crazy. I picked Don Quixote for a very specific reason. Cervantes knight crusaded against an evil which existed only in his mind. The windmills were real, they were there, just like WildShot™ Only they were neither good nor evil, just like Grapecard™. They just were.

For the record I don't think you're crazy. There is nothing in any of your posts that indicates lunacy. I just think you're misguided. You have decided a company which is neither good nor evil, merely great at coming up with game concepts and horrible at implimenting them well, is in fact evil. If you are dead set on crusading against anything in the gaming industry, which, I will remind you, is not an industry of life or death, but rather an industry of leisure and entertainment, let me offer you a suggestion:

Crusade against lootboxes.  The FTC is currently investigating whether lootboxes constitute illegal gambling. Regardless of their findings, we know that lootboxes are in fact a form of gambling, we know that gambling can be an addictive behavior, and we know that large numbers of minors play games with lootboxes in them. If anything in this industry needs changing badly, I would suggest it might be lootboxes. Why not direct your considerable energy towards something much more potentially dangerous and destructive, that can have real consequences for people's lives, rather than simply railing against a company trying to make a product, which, at the very worst swindles it's customers out of a few bucks they could afford to lose?

I admire your passion. I just think it could be put to more useful ends.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dorf said:

How would you like people to judge you so harshly for the work you do at your job.

You sound jaded.

if i were doing as bad a job as the people at grapeshot, then yes, i'd hope someone would tell me how bad i'm fucking up

7 minutes ago, strawman said:

Because they should solve a problem the instant people say it, they should break the laws of time and space and instantly create system that works perfectly, even though many AAA companies can't do so ( looking at fallout 76). Get real, just under a month in and your upset an EA game took a while getting it's ban system in place properly.

While i think they're implementations is all over the place, they have at least attempted to sort shit out in past 4 weeks, again compared to the majority of games that came out in EA or even official release ( looking at fallout 76 agian), in this day and age, they've done more in the past few weeks than some have done in a year. 

• Like 1