Sign in to follow this  
Aesorn

Temperature is broken and unrealistic(w/picture proof)

98 degree's Fahrenheit with  100% wetness and still getting hyperthermia????   This game needs serious balance changes to temperature this is not realistic at all, the fact we lose hp if overheating makes it so much more obnoxious as well which only started for me on this patch for some reason.  Fix this, how much more do I need to do to proof this is crap?

o8lGdLb.png

Edited by Aesorn
  • Like 1

I had 102 Fortitude and still would die of heat and cold …. save the fortitude for carry weight or anything else till they fix this,...  we saw 155 degree day in i14 and was 155 on the bottom  of the ocean!

Edited by Sirgonz

12 minutes ago, Sirgonz said:

I had 102 Fortitude and still would die of heat and cold …. save the fortitude for carry weight or anything else till they fix this,...  we saw 155 degree day in i14 and was 155 on the bottom  of the ocean!

Yeah everything is super broken,  they don't know what they doing anymore in these patches.  It's just getting worse and worse every patch in all aspects.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

158F degrees in G13  please!  Lol  I have a base by water and wearing my higher tier cloth armor and jumping off my balcony into water then going quickly back into base is only way I can survive this!  With the base buff you get,  but it lasts only for 5 seconds till wetness gets into lower 90's.  Then have to repeat back into water.   This is crazy. 

2 hours ago, Aesorn said:

98 degree's Fahrenheit with  100% wetness and still getting hyperthermia????   This game needs serious balance changes to temperature this is not realistic at all, the fact we lose hp if overheating makes it so much more obnoxious as well which only started for me on this patch for some reason.  Fix this, how much more do I need to do to proof this is crap?

Actually, I think that icon is heat exhaustion.  Hypothermia is a blue icon.  I can also tell you from living in the extreme cold that the temperature displayed in your inventory isn't necessarily your temperature.  I've stood beside fires and grills and watched the hypothermia go away but the temperature never changes.  And finally, I can't say I disapprove of this happening. Now maybe some of you sun worshipers will have to chuck some points into fortitude just like us snow bunnies.

1 minute ago, Nutcutt3r said:

^

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Actually, I think that icon is heat exhaustion.  Hypothermia is a blue icon.  I can also tell you from living in the extreme cold that the temperature displayed in your inventory isn't necessarily your temperature.  I've stood beside fires and grills and watched the hypothermia go away but the temperature never changes.  And finally, I can't say I disapprove of this happening. Now maybe some of you sun worshipers will have to chuck some points into fortitude just like us snow bunnies.

Maybe you kids should read, it says "Hyperthermia"  maybe google and you will understand the difference. 

Just now, Aesorn said:

Maybe you kids should read, it says "Hyperthermia"  maybe google and you will understand the difference. 

I think maybe you could have pointed that out without being a  jackass.

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

I think maybe you could have pointed that out without being a  jackass.

If you actually played this game you would know what the icon looks like,  get off the forums if you're so ignorant and know nothing about the topic you posting about.

Yah this is very true before the patch I never had a heatstroke debuff. Now no matter what I do swim in water anything I can't get rid of it.

2 minutes ago, Aesorn said:

If you actually played this game you would know what the icon looks like,  get off the forums if you're so ignorant and know nothing about the topic you posting about.

Jackass.  Go shove some of your overabundant paste...

Hope you have to respec.  Might teach you some courtesy.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 minutes ago, Aesorn said:

I know what the icon is, and swear I read hypothermia. Kiddo.

I actually like these extreme hot/cold instances,  but c'mon....make it last for a minute or two at most.   I'm mostly in G13 as my main base but every 2 in game days I get the 158F

Edit:  With my vitamin bonus plus normal fortitude I'm around 60+ too and no way to survive

Edited by Gfnjr

Put on some cloth clothing.  It has hyperthermia protection.  Standing around naked even in 98 degree weather will give you heatstroke after a prolonged period.

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

So you saying there is nothing wrong with it and its working the way it should????

Kool aid anyone?

Fires, forged, and grills add to your hypothermic insulation so the temp is always the ambient temp but your armor and any nearby fires will add/subtract from hypothermic/hyperthermia insulation along with any tames that have an insulation buff. You can view the effect by looking at the values in your inventory screen.  I haven’t checked to see if being in the water adds or subtracts from either of the insulation values, I know it cools you off just not sure if the insulation value reflects it or not. For those freezing to death sometimes a single fire is not enough the affects are cumulative so you may need two or three fires to offset the temp or wetness. 

Forge has a great heat range. i have 3 forges close together in the polar region and if i turn all 3 on i would die because its too hot. pretty funny

I have been swimming in water in metal armor with fortitude and increased temp fortitude in armor and a heat wave came and it told me I should do something to cool off... I don't know how much more I can do to cool myself down. Fortitude does nothing from what I can tell nor do the skills for it in multiple trees. The armor sometimes helps depending on the scenario but I agree they need to go over it and fix it's issues.