Lord Muke

The map is completely occupied(Claim)

On 12/24/2018 at 6:40 PM, The Falcon said:

I love survival games but this is a survival game without a point.

Literally all survival games have no point aside from survival. 

Hello. I'm having trouble. I tried playing solo but I don't think it's such a good idea in this game. :) Could I join you?

well i been playing this game from day one... and its the same every time. getting pretty boring.

Cant go anywhere, everythings taken, so im forced to sit where decay is fast, and i lose my sloop every day...

i log in, enough to to make a new one, then have to go, new day, repeat the same thing.

as far as im concerned NO LAMING should be allowed at all, and you can skuttle with your neighbour. <-- more pirate like then whats going on now.

im not going to keep building sloops, im going to quit.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, Lord Muke said:

I drove by sea for about 5 hours. And all are completely occupied ... 1 clan with 6 island ... It would be suitably restricted to the flag. Thank you. For me, the EU Official PvP game is unplayable.

Hey bud, I got an idea :) Instead of coming here and complaining that your 1-2 man company doesn't get to own their own island you make friends with someone on some islands, huh? It's a totally novel idea I know! 

• Thanks 1

this happen to us because all the server problem all the island where claim and we where at sea for 6 hours but we fight us in and manage to claim one good area, i dont see any problem whit this this what i love about this game. and if you are playing alone join a company!.......

10 hours ago, Hellbeard said:

Have you been playing on NA PvP?

http://prntscr.com/m06trv

Maybe 10% of the map is claimed, and i'm gentle !

See the difference between, "All good island are claimed" and "I don't want to claim shitty island, si I tell every island are claimed" 

But no.. Everything is not claimed + It's a PVP server's, you can fight, sneak, to reclaim what is already claimed.

Even if i don't fully support the actual Claim system.. solution are possible :sword:

Edited by allchuu

42 minutes ago, allchuu said:

See the difference between, "All good island are claimed" and "I don't want to claim shitty island, si I tell every island are claimed" 

But no.. Everything is not claimed + It's a PVP server's, you can fight, sneak, to reclaim what is already claimed.

Even if i don't fully support the actual Claim system.. solution are possible :sword:

The map only shows territory that is claimed by one of the top 10 alliances/companies. The territory in the far north and south is uninhabitable without resources from other islands. (You will freeze to death every 5 minutes in a polar/tundra region unless you have at least fur armor.) Many of the regions that appear unclaimed are Lawless or Treasure regions, which can't be claimed, and you can't put a bed down in those regions either.

11 hours ago, allchuu said:

As someone who has been on a raft and visited each island square by square, the map does not show ALL claimed land. Even shitty islands that I wouldn't want to claim because of the high level predators in the area were already claimed. I have no problem traveling to other islands for resources but there isn't even an island I've managed to claim long enough to raft to another island for more resources (I've tried maxing out my raft weight first and then claiming but still not enough to build a dwelling I can protect).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its very depressing, you cant even claim one little land not being interupted. But i found some nice Company´s that gave me a little land to build. But the System is very bad thats the only Feature thats bad for the game or it can be better if it gets some improving. I would do a Claim Limit and some Claim Protection i started 3 times over and spend 3 whole days gathering resources for Nothing. Its the best game currently for me, but some Stuff is gamebreaking i hope it gets some Improvement in the next Days.

Some People just run over the Island and Spam claim flags without any buildings on it.

Its EA and im fine with it, just a little Feedback 🙂

Edited by AgeofHockA

I have started 3 times over for nothing too now. I think the most painful part of it for me is drifting on a raft for 2-3 hours each time I set out:( only to wash ashore to people that are infinitely more established that you are! I managed to claim some land but that was short lived:/ 

1 hour ago, Mistermcg said:

I have started 3 times over for nothing too now. I think the most painful part of it for me is drifting on a raft for 2-3 hours each time I set out:( only to wash ashore to people that are infinitely more established that you are! I managed to claim some land but that was short lived:/ 

Yes, this part of the game is so brutal.  I don't understand how they think that mechanic is fun, get wiped spend 10-12 hours getting ready to try to get a claim again, dont forget you cant even level the whole time and then the worst part is sail forever on the sea.  I don't know who designed the raft but I think the thing is absolutely horrible, just for the love of god please put a rudder on it so you can at least go the direction you want not just the way the wind takes you.

Yeah they should restrict the land claims. You can't have 1 player place 852527854 land claims wherever they want, when they have no intention to build on that land. Land claims should decay in a couple of days if there aren't buildings around them that have players using them. 

It's not even just claimable land. The lawless islands have foundations spammed all over them and the coasts are covered in shipyards. So you can't build there either. Some of the tundra islands aren't very inhabited but you can only manage those once you get high enough level to have the Fortitude to deal with the cold long enough to accomplish anything. Then of course most of the tundra island don't have fibers.

This game feels like it was designed by three different people with very different ideas of how it should play. And they never talked to each other.

Edited by Sunderbrass

On 12/27/2018 at 9:41 AM, allchuu said:

PAthetic, 1-) you don't know how to read 2-) that prouve that you never explore the map, thats the top 10 company, only the top 10, we got thousand of company.

Ya, I came here to say the same thing. they need to put restrictions on claiming. Like what one person said, they should have structures on the island. And I mean actual buildings, not just a foundation with a pillar and ceiling. This is just foundation spam all over again, only this time they don't even have to farm the materials for it

This thread was made before taking claim went from 1.5h to 30 mins. It's really not that difficult now. If you cant take over a territory from another clan and they are stronger than you then why do you think you deserve that land more than them? I do think its about time that some of the lawless starter zones stopped being starter zones, I thought that was an emergency measure to deal with the initial influx of players.

The world will be owned by mega companies. That's just the reality of the game mechanics. You can't stop it without completely changing the core mechanics. What the devs can do is create mechanics that offer incentives to megas to accept more alliances. They need much more in depth alliance, land claim, and structure / ship management settings. I'd also like to see a revamp of claim mechanics.

I would say tribes should have limits in how many claims they can have. Eventually you will have a handful of tribes too powerful to take from. 

Whats the point here? That players want the same thing as the big boys? Geez... Our company just built on a lawless island to get equipped. Theres was no big deal to get enough ressources and level up, built ships, went over and stole claimed islands.
If you struggle to claim an island because you get outnumbered or are too weak - how would you even defend it?

While exploring the map and looking for a nice spot to build our base, we came across loads of islands that were claimed - but nothing was build. There was not even rafts or other stuff. We even contested several spots (and won them) without having any fights, nobody came to interrupt the claim.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:59 AM, Lord Muke said:

I drove by sea for about 5 hours. And all are completely occupied ... 1 clan with 6 island ... It would be suitably restricted to the flag. Thank you. For me, the EU Official PvP game is unplayable.

Yeah it’s unplayable. You won’t be able to take anything over. You bought a dud 

On 12/26/2018 at 5:47 PM, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Hey bud, I got an idea 🙂 Instead of coming here and complaining that your 1-2 man company doesn't get to own their own island you make friends with someone on some islands, huh? It's a totally novel idea I know! 

What a worthless comment. I got an idea. Maybe use sarcasm? Wow what a concept 👍

On 12/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, funbasket said:

My mates and I finally got our raft outside of the starter zones last night. Within 2-3 hours we were found by a player crew of nearly level 40's in a large ship, and they proceeded to (unprovoked) one-shot us with guns and destroyed our raft. 

You were near our island. We didn't want you near our island. Since this is a game where you can do whatever you want, we decided to shoot you. Your raft is still around though.

10 hours ago, Realist said:

What a worthless comment. I got an idea. Maybe use sarcasm? Wow what a concept 👍

How is it worthless? Try learning how to make friends. This isn't a solo game. It's not a duo game. It's not even really a trio sized game. You need to learn how to make friends. It's a PVP Pirate Sandbox MMO. If you want a solo version, host your own and tell everyone who joins they aren't allowed to make a company and must solo, and then ban anyone working together.

You could also try hiring NPC's. They can defend your stuff while you're offline. They cost 1 gold an hour and gold is easy as hell to get.

Most of all: STOP. FCKING. CRYING.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy