Lord Muke

The map is completely occupied(Claim)

I drove by sea for about 5 hours. And all are completely occupied ... 1 clan with 6 island ... It would be suitably restricted to the flag. Thank you. For me, the EU Official PvP game is unplayable.

• Like 3

There's nothing unplayable about that. Take it from them. Claiming land is the whole point of the game... You realized you're in the PvP area right? I could see this being an issue in PvE.

Edited by TelFiRE
  • Like 4

The problem is, the majority of players couldn't make it out of the starting zones for almost 36+ hours because of server stability issues. Those players who were, have essentially had a game-breaking advantage over the rest of us.

Once you're out of the starter zones there is almost no lag, so players level and farm significantly faster. Not to mention they have the entire world to be able to lay claim without any major competition.

This has already happened on every server, all while the rest of us can't even log in.

My mates and I finally got our raft outside of the starter zones last night. Within 2-3 hours we were found by a player crew of nearly level 40's in a large ship, and they proceeded to (unprovoked) one-shot us with guns and destroyed our raft.

We were a robust level 8. Never had even a thought of a chance. 

Edited by funbasket
Grammar typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, funbasket said:

The problem is, the majority of players couldn't make it out of the starting zones for almost 36+ hours because of server stability issues. Those players who were, have essentially had a game-breaking advantage over the rest of us.

Once you're out of the starter zones there is almost no lag, so players level and farm significantly faster. Not to mention they have the entire world to be able to lay claim without any major competition.

This has already happened on every server, all while the rest of us can't even log in.

My mates and I finally got our raft outside of the starter zones last night. Within 2-3 hours we were found by a player crew of nearly level 40's in a large ship, and they proceeded to (unprovoked) one-shot us with guns and destroyed our raft.

That's unfortunate that happen to you, but keep in mind that new players from now to the end of this games life will always be at a disadvantage. With most games with a system like this, that is the case...be it through experience (level/knowledge) or materials. The most you can do either accept this and move on and go at it from a different approach, or simply not play it.

I hope you are able to recover and move past boat load of pirates, and have a Happy Holiday!

• Like 2

+1

16 minutes ago, funbasket said:

Had the same happen to us which is why I'm now planning to recruit for a company. The game appears to be identical to Ark in that if you don't have the numbers/tech, you get demolished mercilessly.

I'm extremely curious how this game will pan out long term. Enjoying the ride as is, just wish the game let me play it more consistently.

Edited by Cerberus Persist

29 minutes ago, Arzicane said:

That's unfortunate that happen to you, but keep in mind that new players from now to the end of this games life will always be at a disadvantage. With most games with a system like this, that is the case...be it through experience (level/knowledge) or materials. The most you can do either accept this and move on and go at it from a different approach, or simply not play it.

I hope you are able to recover and move past boat load of pirates, and have a Happy Holiday!

I understand your point and I agree that is normally a large part of the experience in survival games. Personally, I only play survival games that have some form of scheduled server wipes. That feeling of a fresh server and an even playing-ground is a large part of the fun for me.

So in this case, it just doesn't feel fair for the players who could have otherwise kept an equal footing with these guys but were unable due to server stability issues.

I've likely logged just as many "hours" playing Atlas as these other players, yet my total time in the game is probably 1/10 of theirs as I've spent most of mine viewing the server selection screen.

I don't have the perfect solution, but I would bet that there will be an increasing number of complaints about this in the upcoming days. 

Edited by funbasket
  • Like 1

spent 8 hours IRL sailing from a "freeport" to a couple of sectors that were not in the "spawn area".  All islands were loaded with claim flags.  Could not approach any of the islands without being attached by 1000 gators and 4000 snakes.  This game is worthless.  Sorry.  That is the reality.  There is no "gameplay" for most players unless you like looking at endless ocean for many hours only to die at the end of your journey.

• Like 2

Yep its a problem.

Once you get a boat, youre pretty much ocean locked because everything is 100% taken

until eventually a ship finds you and... well... you know the rest.

There needs to be better restriction to what a company can do. because if ARK is any indication of the future. with the differing nature of atlas

this game will be unplayable in another 2 weeks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Falcon said:

I love survival games but this is a survival game without a point.

well its an MMO survival game. most MMOs are "pointless".

its just about that journey to max level.

at least thats how i feel im sure others will have differing views.

I thought this was supposed to be a pirate game.  NO.  It is RUST/ARK with islands.  Forget the pirates.  That is just a sales gimmick. 

Most players I've run into are either constantly battling over land and resources, or belong to a mega-group that dominates an entire square. Atlas supposedly supports 40,000 players per server, but there just isn't enough space for everyone, unless we learn to share.

I'm looking for other players who wish to join my company, as well as other companies who would like to band together to share the limited land resources in the game. I know there are groups already out there, and if you're looking to do something similar, or are already doing something similar, I'd love to work together.

In this game, the only way to make progress is for us to work together and change ourselves from raft-bound vagabonds into true pirates.

The problem is you need to claim land to build stuff including a shipyard for bigger ships. If you can't claim land you can't do shit.

I honestly don't understand why they did not put in a restriction on the number of land claims a singe player and a company can have.

(This is not taking in consideration the headstar advantage some players have by getting out of the starter areas early, half of the map beeing start area and at least in my opinion not enough islands to support the current playerbase)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparti said:

The problem is you need to claim land to build stuff including a shipyard for bigger ships. If you can't claim land you can't do shit.

I honestly don't understand why they did not put in a restriction on the number of land claims a singe player and a company can have.

(This is not taking in consideration the headstar advantage some players have by getting out of the starter areas early, half of the map beeing start area and at least in my opinion not enough islands to support the current playerbase)

You're 100% right about this. The only way I see getting around this without the game changing it's ways, is  to form a group big enough to hold our own island or square. Ideally they will change the way this works, but it would be such a massive overhaul and be hard to implement with players already having claims that we should start preparing for what to do if it isn't changed.

This game is a fuckin joke, let me tell u about the futur in this crap shit. 2 mega compagny fighting for desert land with nothing do to in it !

We got scam that's all

Edited by Poklz
  • Like 1

yeah clam it from theme! go with ur fists to kill full plate gear! smart

• Haha 1

bump

this is true many people who had set their home to a region that was broken for the first 2 days couldn't log in at all.  So many got an unfair advantage from the start.  I think all claims should be reset.  There are probably a lot of claims from people who quit already but now its going to take 1 hour 30-40? minutes to reclaim them, assuming noone disrupts the claim.

Also I think this over claim timer is a little ridiculous, you should be able to destroy the flags instead but they have a lot of hp or something.. or the more people standing on the claim site the faster the timer goes down.

Edited by Sykotech
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Hellbeard said:

Most players I've run into are either constantly battling over land and resources, or belong to a mega-group that dominates an entire square. Atlas supposedly supports 40,000 players per server, but there just isn't enough space for everyone, unless we learn to share.

I'm looking for other players who wish to join my company, as well as other companies who would like to band together to share the limited land resources in the game. I know there are groups already out there, and if you're looking to do something similar, or are already doing something similar, I'd love to work together.

In this game, the only way to make progress is for us to work together and change ourselves from raft-bound vagabonds into true pirates.

I have played ARK for some time now but going to move over to This game. just sorting out the rig to play it. Im up for joining. can't seem to find a PM function on this site so thought I would just hit you up here! My rig should be ready in about 6hrs 🙂 

I had thought that the initial intent was that each player would be able to place a single flag... placing a second would remove the first... from what I  have seen, that is not the case.  Multiple claims can be set per person (on PVE at least, this would seem to be problematic) which would end up leading to an Ark-like situation where one person could theoretically claim a massive chunk of land with no recourse for anyone to be able to take it from them.

Damn this is unfortunate and I feel like I'll be 'out' of the game.

What a pointless feeling.  So you either join a massive company or you are screwed.  I feel like the claim system should be set up that there is always more land than can be claimed, which creates a bit more space, exploration, and still allows people to find and kill your bases.  Man, who the hell wants to essentially restart life every time they log in?  I guess it's good that you keep your level, but still.  Oh well.

14 minutes ago, Lyphe said:

Damn this is unfortunate and I feel like I'll be 'out' of the game.

What a pointless feeling.  So you either join a massive company or you are screwed.  I feel like the claim system should be set up that there is always more land than can be claimed, which creates a bit more space, exploration, and still allows people to find and kill your bases.  Man, who the hell wants to essentially restart life every time they log in?  I guess it's good that you keep your level, but still.  Oh well.

This is exactly what im not understanging.  How will this end up being a rewarding gaming experience for anyone if you have to start over everyday just to go take something from someone else cause your forced to and then they have to start over.  It will turn into a vicious cycle and make the game the most toxic ever created.

Slow and steady I think is the way to go for now at least. 

Band together with some people, build up a bit, hide until you have some defensive abilities. These large companies going out claiming will be going through their own problems. They are casting the net wide but it will semi implode before they balance out. 

I’m basing this all from what I have seen from ark pvp. Even alphas are not alphas for ever!