Sign in to follow this  
Ichor

Advice?

Ahoy, first post here. Anyways currently I am purely a PvE player, but some of the PvP aspects look fun as all heck. Like sieges and actual naval combat come to mind. But on the flip side there are the myriad of issues involving foreigners, exploits, and mega-corps.... So as an outsider looking in, what can you tell me about it? Should I dive in, or stay away?

If you already bought the game, hop on and find a group that seems compatible, give it a whirl. If you haven't bought the game, don't. 

if your in a small group get prepaired to be raided quite often, navel combat isn't that bad but it takes a bit before you can get a ship with guns unless you have a schooner no point in cannons for awile. also most land is taken on official but you can build in the lawless zones just have to visit your structures every 4 days

• Thanks 1

Thank you, for this information. Hopefully it wont be too soul crushing Lol.

I recommend trying to join one of the big mega corps. It will give you better safety and let you participate in the more fun aspects of combat. Its crazy when 2 mega corps slam together on the open sea with full fleet on each side. Despite the lag it causes, it gives quite a feeling being part of such a battle. 🙂

Also with the nummerous amount of people, it will speed up the process of gathering and building if you all work together as a unit rather than just do your individual thing.

As said  by death strike gaming. if you are part of a small group, you will get raided alot and some get raided so much they pretty much loose everything every night and keep getting reset to scratch.

Don't join a mega company. Join a smaller one. If you join a mega company, you will become whats known as a "Farm Slave". You'll just farm all the time you're online, farming metal, wood, thatch, fiber, etc etc. You will rarely ever be invited to pvp with them, at least not for a long time until you've gained their trust, which can take quite a while. 

In a smaller company, everybody farms, everybody defends when needed, everybody pvps when the option is available. People say small companys get raided every night, which is just not true. My group of 15 has only been raided three or four times in the weeks we've been grinding and building and pvping.

Edited by AGM Solomon

1 hour ago, AGM Solomon said:

Don't join a mega company. Join a smaller one. If you join a mega company, you will become whats known as a "Farm Slave". You'll just farm all the time you're online, farming metal, wood, thatch, fiber, etc etc. You will rarely ever be invited to pvp with them, at least not for a long time until you've gained their trust, which can take quite a while. 

In a smaller company, everybody farms, everybody defends when needed, everybody pvps when the option is available. People say small companys get raided every night, which is just not true. My group of 15 has only been raided three or four times in the weeks we've been grinding and building and pvping.

Not true of all mega companies.  The one I am in is a larger company, and they dont ask me to farm anything.  I often gather about 5k wood or stone and just give it to the company because I dont need it and I had nothing better to do. 

On 1/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, Ichor said:

Ahoy, first post here. Anyways currently I am purely a PvE player, but some of the PvP aspects look fun as all heck. Like sieges and actual naval combat come to mind. But on the flip side there are the myriad of issues involving foreigners, exploits, and mega-corps.... So as an outsider looking in, what can you tell me about it? Should I dive in, or stay away?

PvP is hard. Its dangerous. Its very risky. But why the hell would you build a base and a ship with cannons all over it if you can't attack people or be attacked? The game is PvP. Its meant to be played with the PvP rule set. You just aren't getting the full expierence if you are not playing PvP. Alot of times if you jsut chat in global people will treat you with a smidge of respect and leave you alone. There are jerks in the game. Huge mega companies. But they don't want your ramshackle sloop. They are busy fighting other mega companies. Its a vivid volatile world full of opportunities. You aren't going to get that on the PvE server.

Most people play these games because you can do anything you want, and then complain about everyone else being able to do anything they want.

Find a group, like mine, that teaches people and focuses on having fun. Don't take losses too seriously. Just enjoy the experiences. Remember the stories. Make friends. Don't be one of these trolls who jsut sits around saying "Games Ded, Games Broken..... I don't like this game so much I am still playing it and crying about every patch note and bug....."

These types of games are great because you will cry and you will laugh and scream with joy. Because you actually care about whats going on, and you never know whats going to happen next. Adapt to the game, don't expect the game to adapt to you.

Well hope that helps.....