Dread Pirate Ash

Question For Unofficials Who Got Powerstones to Work

Did you need to set up anything special for the Final Boss location? I was reading here that I needed to do something like add in 'EndBossLevel' to one of the server sublevels but that that should disable spawning in that... island? server cell's ocean? Unsure. Also mentions there a need for a distance away from the Ghost Ship power stone.

But at the same time, reading about the process here , I saw no mention of either of those steps at all.

Similarly, the first link talks about needing to add in stuff to IslandInstanceCustomData1 for each island, while the second (I think) does not. Also the second says to set bIsManuallyPlaced to false, while the other says to set it to true.

Anyone able to weigh in on this real quick, if they've seen their end boss? I was hoping to slap ours down in an out-of-the-way space on one of our major grid cells, but its also one that has the most non-quest islands for people to build on. (The idea being the boss would be the only quest in that cell, and people would 'stay away from the monsters to the north' so to speak.)

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash
Clarity and more detail.

6 minutes ago, enrell said:

About the 2nd link, do we need to follow the X Y given ?

No, in fact in both sets of instructions you're supposed to determine them yourself. Drac has instructions on how to do the specifics on... part 4, I think. And he has a link to a googledoc you can use to enter your own grid size / coords into to get the right values.

Though, I'm currently trying to figure out why a bunch of my powerstone markers aren't in the right places, when clearly I've done all the math right according to both guides...

2nd Edit: Well now there's you're problem... I had X=0.0.8704677381 there on one of them. A few too many decimals, lmao....just a copy/paste error.

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

Hey i got the problem that on all PVE island no bosses spawn... i got the powerstone marker on the island and i can activate all altars wehn i hold the key.... but i currently need to admin spawn the boss by my own... any idea what is the problem that the bosses arnt spawn by there own??

I got all of them working on my map. You need the sublevel for the kraken. It will auto spawn whenever someone with 8 powerstone goes near it. If you have it set correctly, the center of the grid is a whirlpool. 

13 hours ago, Sakura said:

I got all of them working on my map. You need the sublevel for the kraken. It will auto spawn whenever someone with 8 powerstone goes near it. If you have it set correctly, the center of the grid is a whirlpool. 

Exactly that, works fine on my grids. One company has successfully got the Kraken to spawn.

1 hour ago, Shadowsong said:

Exactly that, works fine on my grids. One company has successfully got the Kraken to spawn.

what are you guys npc spawn rates set at?

On 2/3/2019 at 2:05 PM, MrPrediictor said:

Hey i got the problem that on all PVE island no bosses spawn... i got the powerstone marker on the island and i can activate all altars wehn i hold the key.... but i currently need to admin spawn the boss by my own... any idea what is the problem that the bosses arnt spawn by there own?? 

I'm having this same issue, but only on one out of eight PVE Islands; Mnt_R_CL_PVE

If I bring an artifact key from another Island Boss I can retrieve the PowerStone but I have yet to see a boss spawn locally.  I've been troubleshooting this for three days as of this writing.        

As an additional troubleshooting measure I've set up two separate test servers. 

The first has one Freeport island and all eight PVE islands, with the GhostShip and Kracken.

The other has one Freeport, and one PVE island; Mnt_R_CL_PVE

In both test scenarios, the results are the same.  (On PVE island Mnt_R_CL_PVE no boss spawns)   

10 hours ago, Stinky_Pete said:

I'm having this same issue, but only on one out of eight PVE Islands; Mnt_R_CL_PVE

If I bring an artifact key from another Island Boss I can retrieve the PowerStone but I have yet to see a boss spawn locally.  I've been troubleshooting this for three days as of this writing.        

As an additional troubleshooting measure I've set up two separate test servers. 

The first has one Freeport island and all eight PVE islands, with the GhostShip and Kracken.

The other has one Freeport, and one PVE island; Mnt_R_CL_PVE

In both test scenarios, the results are the same.  (On PVE island Mnt_R_CL_PVE no boss spawns)   

I stumbled on the cause of no mini boss spawning when i went to the server north of the one i spawned in on. I spawned in b2 and went north to b1 and found the pve island there had the boss but the one on b2 still had no boss. The only difference between them was b2 was homeport b1 wasnt. Removed being able to spawn in b2, removed home port and sure enough mini boss spawned.  I also increased the npc spawn rate to 1.5

Edited by Balsafer

12 hours ago, Balsafer said:

I stumbled on the cause of no mini boss spawning when i went to the server north of the one i spawned in on. I spawned in b2 and went north to b1 and found the pve island there had the boss but the one on b2 still had no boss. The only difference between them was b2 was homeport b1 wasnt. Removed being able to spawn in b2, removed home port and sure enough mini boss spawned.  I also increased the npc spawn rate to 1.5

Thank you for you reply. 

I neglected to mention in my previous post that my unofficial 2x2 only has 1 Homeserver and there aren't any PVE Islands on that server. 

I will however take a look at increasing the NPC Spawn rate on all non Homeservers and report back my findings.