Sign in to follow this  
Easpada

Add sap to trees in tundra and polar region

Please God, the QoL in these area's are already bad. Or at least allow me to grow a tree that produces sap or something. 

Or get off land and go trade or farm resources. When player owned shops come it will help balance the problem.

10 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Or get off land and go trade or farm resources. When player owned shops come it will help balance the problem.

If you live in Tundra you already do this. That was why you live in Tundra, you want it a little more difficult, and that includes weekly trips for sap.

No one in Tundra wants it to be made easier to live there. Adding sap to Tundra trees would just mean an influx of the griefers we left the temperate zones to avoid.

If Grapeshot is deadset on killing their game with this sap for stone patch, then at least switch paste in fur armor to another rare mat (I don't know, maybe salt?). Then at least Tundra players can ride out the decline of the game until it's time to move on.

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke

25 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Get off the one unclaimed piece of land he could find and go where, pay someone 30% for the right to live on the land he cheesed week one, the whole time living under the threat that his rights could get revoked any time and lose everything he built.

HHahahahahhahahhahhah I love you idiots your repsonses are FANTASTIC

19 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

If you live in Tundra you already do this. That was why you live in Tundra, you want it a little more difficult, and that includes weekly trips for sap.

No one in Tundra wants it to be made easier to live there. Adding sap to Tundra trees would just mean an influx of the griefers we left the temperate zones to avoid.

If Grapeshot is deadset on killing their game with this sap for stone patch, then at least switch paste in fur armor to another rare mat (I don't know, maybe salt?). Then at least Tundra players can ride out the decline of the game until it's time to move on.

My company lives in tundra because all other land was claimed, it was our only option at the time. Yes we trade for sap currently but the amount needed to just build is retarded atm. 

9 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Get off the one unclaimed piece of land he could find and go where, pay someone 30% for the right to live on the land he cheesed week one, the whole time living under the threat that his rights could get revoked any time and lose everything he built.

Fairly certain he was talking about going and trading with someone. People are open to trade deals all over the place. Probably not with you though...

23 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

Didn't go into tundra for difficulty, went to tundra bcs knew there will be less ppl so much less lag and and higher chance to get own claims, so basicaly went there bcs of games garbage performance and claim spam, not bcs like wasting half of levels for fortitude and spending half day to get some sap from a 255 ping area few grids away or 50k fiber from 100+ ping with lions, snakes and crocodiles all over.

46 minutes ago, Notorious said:

And what would you like me to trade?

Metal? - only what's in the rocks. 0 metal nodes.
Crystal? 0
Gems? 0
Salt? 0
Carrots? Turnips? Beets? Sugarcane? Coral? Pearls? All 0.

The only thing my island has, and it's a large island, is trees,  rocks and massive amounts of berries.  Nothing anyone else doesn't already have in abundance.

For tamables, I have bears, horses, crows, pigs, sheep and a few wolves and lions.   Wolves have been nerfed to be a shadow of what they once were, lions have a huge weakness in their lack of HP. Bears and horses are commonplace elsewhere.  Sheep give hides, not fiber(*boggle*).  Pigs are only useful (and damned funny) if you have 15 of them trained to follow you around but they're not going to fit on a sloop. And the int buff from crows isn't really implemented yet so, other than looking cool, they're pretty useless.

Now tell me, how many of those tames am I going to have to load onto my sloop to get 1000 paste and how far am I going to have to risk going in order to find someone that doesn't have a bear or a horse and does have paste/sap to trade?

And even then, that 1000 paste gives me what? 50 stone walls?  And I'd still need 1750 metal?  Any idea how many rocks I'd need to pound for 1750 metal?

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Crystal? 0
Gems? 0
Salt? 0

The only thing my island has, and it's a large island, is Trees,  rocks and massive amounts of berries.  Nothing anyone else doesn't already have in abundance.

For tamables, I have bears, horses, crows, pigs, sheep and a few wolves and lions.   Wolves have been nerfed to be a shadow of what they once were, lions have a huge weakness in their lack of HP. Bears and horses are commonplace elsewhere.  Sheep give hides, not fiber(*boggle*).  Pigs are only useful (and damned funny) if you have 15 of them trained to follow you around but they're not going to fit on a sloop. And the int buff from crows isn't really implemented yet so, other than looking cool, they're pretty useless.

Now tell me, how many of those tames am I going to have to load onto my sloop to get 1000 paste and how far am I going to have to risk going in order to find someone that doesn't have a bear or a horse and does have paste/sap to trade?

And even then, that 1000 paste gives me what? 50 stone walls?  And I'd still need 1750 metal?  Any idea how many rocks I'd need to pound for 1750 metal?

There is iron in tundra, however not on every island, E13 have like 8 or 9 nodes on the shore of 1 island and some more on another island. There's no gems. Crystal is rarer than iron... but who cares about crystal. Salt none. And plants are worthless, just spam berries into animals untill they tame. Tbh... well, have no idea, the only adventage tundra have is it have resonable ping, maybe if we could sell server performance to other grids we could buy something.

24 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Lol I'm not a millenial baby so I like to travel and find stuff. I didn't tell this person to move I simply said leave the island on a ship and go trade lol. I also do not pay 30 percent tax as I farm lawless regions, talk to locals then head back home. Settle down little one lol

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Crystal? 0
Gems? 0
Salt? 0

The only thing my island has, and it's a large island, is trees,  rocks and massive amounts of berries.  Nothing anyone else doesn't already have in abundance.

Just go to a region beside you and grab some stuff, this is what I do. Also on my travels I ran into a group that gave me loads of crops and im making my way back to them on the weekend to drop off emeralds for them. It's a lot of fun actually.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

just spam berries into animals untill they tame. 

And that's all I can do as berries, bears and horses are the only useful resources I have and the berries, as you so eloquently put it, are just spammed until they tame.

And even when I do find a bear or wolf with unique coloration that might just accidentally have some real value, breeding is hosed.  I refuse to stay awake for 30 hours straight trying to keep a cub alive.  That should be it's mother's job.

For example, this color variation of black and silver appears to be rather unique.  The only thing I can do though is hang onto her till breeding is fixed or sell her to a masochist who is willing to breed her.

3zK94wT.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Just go to a region beside you and grab some stuff, this is what I do. Also on my travels I ran into a group that gave me loads of crops and im making my way back to them on the weekend to drop off emeralds for them. It's a lot of fun actually.

And I do that.  I went south over the weekend and took a bear to farm fibers. However, I found my sap supplier to be almost emptied because, as he put it, Chinese drug SotD to his claim, bombed his tax bank twice and then, took over the claim where much of the sap was and farmed it all.  I did trade a couple of horses for some mats but the thing is, mats are a consumable and in infinite supply to those that have them.  Bears and horses do not get used with nearly the frequency that consumables do.  So, what they have to trade, I consume.  What I have to trade, they tend to protect.

It's not expected that you will have everything you need on your grid.  Part of the fun is exploring new places and traveling around to gather resources.  I live in the tundra, I travel to nearby grids to get things like sap, fiber, crystal, different metals, and taming food, load up my ship and come back home.

1 hour ago, Easpada said:

Please God, the QoL in these area's are already bad. Or at least allow me to grow a tree that produces sap or something. 

no just add the old stone structure cost back, wtf wrong with you

8 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

no just add the old stone structure cost back, wtf wrong with you

Well I would love this but that's not Going to happen lol

I love how braindead some people are. In tundra you have low resources of almost everything and you DIE by just standing outside sometimes.

If you live in Tundra, you want to trade with what ? We have a few iron nodes that everybody in temperate has TONS of, we have berries? anybody even wants berries ? Fiber you can gather in temperate by thousands rather than go in the north to get.. 10x less cotton?

Everything in the north is harder, and it's not because some of us chose to go there, it's because it was the only place where it wasn't claimed 100%.

We already go across the map to gather saps so we can get fur armors which are a mandatory thing in the north if you don't want to die every 5 minutes.

The sap + iron requirement to stone building is WRONG, stop defending this crap decision and let's all freaking start to make the game better and not a grindfest to make a 3x3 house.

• Thanks 1

My biggest question to all these 'why don't you travel/trade trolls' is, are you all on PvE? 

PvP'ers sink ships for fun. Valuable trade goods? BONUS!