Sign in to follow this  
Liatni

stone building cost Stone upgrade is the right direction.

Hello,

While I do agree that, as top Tier building in the game that it should be stronger and cost more, in general, I think the paste is a bit much for your regular player. Maybe consider a less evasive material to get a hold of/craft in its place or drop the strength back down of the stone builds and add another top tier building structure that is much stronger and needs a lot of materials to make, overall.

TY.

5 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Paste holds the stone together makes sense.....the metal part I don't understand though.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Henry VIII sent lots of Peons out to collect paste, and the Ancient Egyptians had 10000 slaves pull the rocks across countries while the other 10000 went and collected Paste 

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAh

Metal is used in reinforced CONCRETE its called rebar

Edited by Implicitlee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Paste holds the stone together makes sense.....the metal part I don't understand though.

That will be a very smelly house to live in ...

21 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Hello,

While I do agree that, as top Tier building in the game that it should be stronger and cost more, in general, I think the paste is a bit much for your regular player. Maybe consider a less evasive material to get a hold of/craft in its place or drop the strength back down of the stone builds and add another top tier building structure that is much stronger and needs a lot of materials to make, overall.

TY.

how are they supposed to add another tier of building with this fishy skill system ?

they're not quite right in their minds or cater to a brown-nosing minority

2 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Henry VIII sent lots of Peons out to collect paste, and the Ancient Egyptians had 10000 slaves pull the rocks across countries while the other 10000 went and collected Paste 

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAh

Actually...

From Wikipedia - In its broadest sense mortar includes pitch, asphalt, and soft mud or clay, such as used between mud bricks.

Pitch can be natural or manufactured, derived from petroleum, coal tar, or plants. Various forms of pitch may also be called tar, bitumen, or asphalt. Pitch produced from plants is also known as resin. Some products made from plant resin are also known as rosin.

The problem is, sap is not a widespread commodity in Atlas regardless of the fact that every island has trees.

Metal, I don't understand.

• Like 1

Just now, DilBert said:

Dive for coral for paste in the tundra regions. 

Do you fully understand the amount of Paste needed, the fact they reduced spawn rates when they released this patch.

• Like 1

I guess you have to work harder now then.  You are not going to be happy even when given solutions. 

5 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Dive for coral for paste in the tundra regions. 

Done that, quantity retrieved, 0.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Yay, lets make the game people are already quitting because of the grind even more of a grind! Then you wonder why this game is dying off already. Just look at the sever tile player counts. They keep dropping farther and farther every day. The official servers will be dead within 6 months. 

Maybe the metal for the extra armor stripping on the uhh..walls?  Paste you can as well get from spiders when chopping them up, I found that out early on but, it is not a wide spread thing as far as, its hard for some to get ahold of sap, sugar cane/sugar or honey in some areas. Metal, you can at least get small amounts in any stone you hit.

Edited by Liatni

Remember that this grind seems worse now, in general, only because you are both playing the game, what is not easy mode game and dealing with the EA changes constantly and other things that have nothing to do with the actual gameplay, currently in its development. 😉  Keep in mind how the game "will be" after the EA process and not "in the moment of gameplay"

I built a Small Castle SOLO it has

704 Floors

752 Walls

300 Ceilings

90 Roofs

4 Small Gate Structures

4 Small gates

1 Large Gate Structure

1 Large Gate

The 752 walls alone would take 15,040 Organic paste at 20 a stack = 752 stacks of Sap. I went and farmed every tree on Gracstone Island, I took 5 trips back to my ship I got 2800 Sap, I was alone no one was contending the trees, they nerfed respawn rates again so about 1-2 hours for trees to respawn, its DUMB I SAY.

2 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I built a Small Castle SOLO it has

704 Floors

752 Walls

300 Ceilings

90 Roofs

4 Small Gate Structures

4 Small gates

1 Large Gate Structure

1 Large Gate

The 752 walls alone would take 15,040 Organic paste at 20 a stack = 752 stacks of Sap. I went and farmed every tree on Gracstone Island, I took 5 trips back to my ship I got 2800 Sap, I was alone no one was contending the trees, they nerfed respawn rates again so about 1-2 hours for trees to respawn, its DUMB I SAY.

What that tells me is you are building a WAY to big of a project by yourself.

Just my opinion though

Not its large gates because its the only thing an elephant fits in and a building around it because lions can jump 5 walls or snakes spawn inside and a small courtyard so I can put a taming pen

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

Not its large gates because its the only thing an elephant fits in and a building around it because lions can jump 5 walls or snakes spawn inside and a small courtyard so I can put a taming pen

704 floors.... that is a MASSIVE area.  I think our main fort at the top of our mountain is only 500ish floor tiles.

My dock house, that I live in, with attached chicken coop is 5x6 tiles and 4 floors tall.   So 30x4=120 total floor and ceiling tiles... and that covers me, and all of my stuff, with a cooking floor, armor and sail crafting floor, a storage floor, a cannon floor, with a widows walk on the top.   

Oh, and devs.. IF you do change it, please for the love of fluffy bunnies and mean badgers a like.. do NOT make it something that uses Salt!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I don't think rebar was used by pirates but I could be wrong. I thought rebar came in the early 1800's

57 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

That will be a very smelly house to live in ...

I'm not sure I'd have to make a house out of it but mixed with thatch then dried in place with stone seem legit. Plus I'm sure all the homes back then had a certain smell to them.

There were many mortarless buildings, some of them still standing... like the Pyramids.

What many of you are thinking about is CONCRETE! Or Masonry with bricks.... and in Masonry, the mortar was water, sand, and lime (smaller buildings in Ancient Egypt where th weight of the stone would not hold it in place). In Rome, it was Clay and Gypsum! Pitch or tar was commonly used not only as a mortar, but as a sealant for Adobe or other mud brick buildings. (not so much for stone buildings)

This was an ill thought out mechanical change. Make another tier of stone material. Otherwise, if you take a look at the poll, I'm not the only one that's gonna say screw it.... and for all the people who think this change is great because they don't have lives outside.... then this will be great for you since you can do what you always do anyway:

Play with yourselves.

Because if you think that this change will improve your hunting prospects? Think again. If it doesn't revert, there are other games I am waiting for where I don't have to spend the hours grinding. The only people in favor of large grinds are either children or the jobless that can leverage the time they don't spend working or having a life to grind for an advantage they can't gain any other way.

Sad but true.

Edited by Mortavius

41 minutes ago, Hodo said:

What that tells me is you are building a WAY to big of a project by yourself.

Just my opinion though

Yea but the underlying issue is that, as a solo player, I could probably raid that with a couple hours of farming time. If you don't build huge, with a disgusting amount of honeycomb and various things, you aren't safe.

I can farm literally thousands of explosive barrels in a single day. 6 Hours on a weekend is my normal stint, and I can finish 2-5k explosive barrels depending on which islands are free. That isn't just enough to raid his building, that is enough to completely level it from the foundations.

Stone costs were made with Explosives in mind. Now they buffed explosives, nerfed stone structures and created an oceanic gap between being able to defend and attack that is so large it is near insurmountable. 

2 hours ago, Notorious said:

I was COMPLETELY OK with the PASTE but the METAL is super unfair and completely fked me over as i was in the middle of building a castle.

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

The stone in this game wouldn't have rebar in it.