Sign in to follow this  
Psyko

When the game demolished my sails in the middle of the ocean.

I traveled to another region in order to do a treasure hunt.  When I got there, the "beacon" was stuck in the mountains and even when climbing up the mountain, it wouldn't start.  So after realizing this was not going to happen, I went back to my base.  On the way, as I was dodging Sotd's I went to rotate the sail.  The game went to the demolish option, and I watched as it filled the bar and I couldn't stop it from doing that.  It was a schooner with one large speed sail and one small weight sail.  So I was out in the middle of the ocean with a demolished main sail and had to get back to land to build a loom and build a new sail.  I sailed under the power of the small weight sail all the way back to land.  It took me about an hour and a half to get back to the land.   Luckily I was able to grapple some flotsam on the way, not much but it kept my sanity.  Then to top it all off, cyclones hit.  They stayed on me for a long time (honestly cut the number of cylones down, it's insane) so I started repairing my ship.  I eventually ran out of supplies to repair the hull, but thankfully the cyclones stopped and I could resume my long journey back to land.  I did make it eventually and repaired my ship, replaced the sails, and resupplied getting my ship back to base to continue on to other things.  I tell this story, as short as I can make it, because the demolish option needs to be removed when sailing, or the glitch needs to be fixed.  I hope this brings the problem to the devs attention so they can look into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have nearly done just what you did.  Sorry to laugh but it is funny and it sucks.

I think the demolish option should be changed... right now it is to easy to accidentally click it.

• Like 2

That and the scuttle  option to be moved, I also have came close and im sure many more have. When you get hit with lag its brutal. Sounds like you had a fun journey though. 

• Like 1

Yep who ever added that stupid option there needs to be beaten to death with a brick...some of you devs have no commonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Have almost done this too, many times. Demo should only show up when anchored or in a sub menu.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Yep who ever added that stupid option there needs to be beaten to death with a brick...some of you devs have no commonsense. 

Common sense isn't, otherwise everyone would have it.-Albert Einstein 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hodo said:

I have nearly done just what you did.  Sorry to laugh but it is funny and it sucks.

I think the demolish option should be changed... right now it is to easy to accidentally click it.

I don't mind people laughing at the situation as long as the devs do something about this problem.  It was funny during the whole thing.

• Like 2

Tip. Always carry spare planks , steering wheel and sails .

I got stuck when sotd destroyed my sails

Had to build a raft sail to ship with a new one ,now I don't leave without the he above

15 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Calm the fuck down and might I suggest therapy? Its not like the UI designer decided to HAND PLACE that option. These systems are contextual and need additional logic to separate out issues like these.

Currently got a sloop sat with no steering wheel for this reason. I will get over it 🙂

Admittedly I've "respec'd" by accident twice when didn't want to.   So kinda been there with ya!  Trying to hit the "toggle target"  that extremely close to respec  LOL  I wish they had the ole "are you sure"  yes or no pop up😜

On 1/25/2019 at 5:28 AM, Nari said:

Calm the fuck down and might I suggest therapy? Its not like the UI designer decided to HAND PLACE that option. These systems are contextual and need additional logic to separate out issues like these.

your a whinny child diaf

Sarcasm do you speak it apparently not. 

Edited by Luxfere
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1