StefanKyle84

pve Organic paste requirement for Stone Structure is insane ! Do not punish PVE players for the PVP mistakes ! Eliminate organic paste requirement from Stone Structures !

8 minutes ago, Pax said:

The devs have said from the beginning the reason people dont have islands with everything on them is to promote player interaction. they DONT want this game to be one where no tribes get along its alll sneaky break in steal resoces and run off. they want to see trade involved... and if you want to survive and thrive, you need to learn to trade with people and establish trade routes.. we have dont it we sell saps and organic paste and in return we get things we dont have.   We are a2 man tribe and we trade for alot of things we need and it makes the game less grindy and more fun establishing trade

Um, have you not been on the internet? People don't get along in large groups. They often want gain for little cost. People don't play games to do weeks of grinding for 1 silly unworthy reward. Sailing is a snooze fest at best and I love sailing. This is my personal summary of this games idea of trading.

Biggest problem with trade: Why trade when you can harvest it yourself?

Current player solution? Walled off areas and entire islands to prevent others from harvesting that resource. This does force players to trade but, now at a higher cost. Yeah, no thanks. Not looking to put in a week of grinding to meet the ridiculous demand of another player for trade value.

Second problem: Go out and find the best bag for your buck. 4 days later finally found someone worth trading with. Well hell... now I have to work on weight issues, time issues and crew issues. Gotta keep the boat stocked for repairs and gold to pay the NPC crew. Well shit, there's 1/3 of the boats weight. Ok, I'll have to sacrifice my trade supplies. Now I'm at a 5/8 of the boats carry weight. Come on strong winds in the direction I need to go. Nope, no such luck. But hell, plenty of fog, storms and SotD to party with. 4 days worth of this shit? No trade value is worth losing a ship and it's cargo.

Third problem: Yeah I need a resource to trade for another resource, so I can trade for more resources. Take Honey and bears for example. There is nothing on my island that someone else can't get from another island. Expect! High level bears! A great trade value as it seems. Let's see, need some honey. Well back to problem 1. Harvest it yourself. Ok, need a base of operations to make a boat. Well thatch structure didn't hold up to the multiple alphas. Great levels though. Ok build wood structures. Well that seems to delay them just long enough! Well... shit... they can hit through the walls and take out interior features. Ok go for stone... well hell... back to problem number 1. Harvest it yourself or trade? Let us hope to find players or a company willing to trade 4 stacks of wood, some rocks and thatch so we can get sap or honey. Yeah... no... no one wants this. Well fuck it, it's not worth sailing back. Die and respawn back at base. If the ship sinks let someone else enjoy some free shit I suppose.

1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

Um, have you not been on the internet? People don't get along in large groups. They often want gain for little cost. People don't play games to do weeks of grinding for 1 silly unworthy reward. Sailing is a snooze fest at best and I love sailing. This is my personal summary of this games idea of trading.

Biggest problem with trade: Why trade when you can harvest it yourself?

Current player solution? Walled off areas and entire islands to prevent others from harvesting that resource. This does force players to trade but, now at a higher cost. Yeah, no thanks. Not looking to put in a week of grinding to meet the ridiculous demand of another player for trade value.

Second problem: Go out and find the best bag for your buck. 4 days later finally found someone worth trading with. Well hell... now I have to work on weight issues, time issues and crew issues. Gotta keep the boat stocked for repairs and gold to pay the NPC crew. Well shit, there's 1/3 of the boats weight. Ok, I'll have to sacrifice my trade supplies. Now I'm at a 5/8 of the boats carry weight. Come on strong winds in the direction I need to go. Nope, no such luck. But hell, plenty of fog, storms and SotD to party with. 4 days worth of this shit? No trade value is worth losing a ship and it's cargo.

Third problem: Yeah I need a resource to trade for another resource, so I can trade for more resources. Take Honey and bears for example. There is nothing on my island that someone else can't get from another island. Expect! High level bears! A great trade value as it seems. Let's see, need some honey. Well back to problem 1. Harvest it yourself. Ok, need a base of operations to make a boat. Well thatch structure didn't hold up to the multiple alphas. Great levels though. Ok build wood structures. Well that seems to delay them just long enough! Well... shit... they can hit through the walls and take out interior features. Ok go for stone... well hell... back to problem number 1. Harvest it yourself or trade? Let us hope to find players or a company willing to trade 4 stacks of wood, some rocks and thatch so we can get sap or honey. Yeah... no... no one wants this. Well fuck it, it's not worth sailing back. Die and respawn back at base. If the ship sinks let someone else enjoy some free shit I suppose.

can only come up with 2 solutions for

1. come to the official discord 99% of the peopel here are in this game for fun and enjoying and trading and cooperating.

2. you dont seem to have much fun with this game why keep playing it?

Do not surprise me at all that after a few days the 42K players at the launch today are only 27k according to Steam statistics.

The devs of this game want to force an exploration that in this game exists only for a single reason that is to find a piece of land or may ONLY see Golden Age creatures. Yeah just see why a simple bat will kill you with just a hit.

No one wants to travel two or three quarters risking their beloved ship to make some stone walls.

They should focus on solving the problems that many users here report do not screw up with our lives just as they took NERF as LawLess to force solo players to work on the lands of big companies.

the only justification for continuing on the official servers is that the unofficial can close tomorrow, you lose everything.

21 minutes ago, Pax said:

can only come up with 2 solutions for

1. come to the official discord 99% of the peopel here are in this game for fun and enjoying and trading and cooperating.

2. you dont seem to have much fun with this game why keep playing it?

1. Let me get this straight. You offer the discord as a solution to improve my trading deals in a game being heavily detailed around trading? What would be the point of the in game chat then? Both text and voice are now a waste of coding.

2. A community that chants, "leave" to the already dwindling player base is only going to make the game harder for them. Which is ironic given the patches pushed by the Devs. Gottao make this game harder for the larger companies. They should eat the smaller companies and watch a game change like the tides of the seas. What happened to all the players? Well you see, they quit. For multiple reasons. Not exactly the best idea now is it? Enjoy having to grind more and less people to trade with!

Edited by Muffinman

3 hours ago, Muffinman said:

1. Let me get this straight. You offer the discord as a solution to improve my trading deals in a game being heavily detailed around trading? What would be the point of the in game chat then? Both text and voice are now a waste of coding.

IM just trying to help you buddy if you dont want it dont complain. 

The reason behind discord is that game chat only covers the server you are Discord has good players on all servers.

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

IM just trying to help you buddy if you dont want it dont complain. 

The reason behind discord is that game chat only covers the server you are Discord has good players on all servers.

I have to leave my friends behind for strangers just to get some better trades for a game based around trading? Yeah that is a poor solution for a game.

What did you think? you could have a few friends and thats the only people you need to trade with to progress.. there are so many resources that only appear in  specific biome and only on specific islands in thous biomes? your gunna need alot of friends to cover the 6 of each type of resource  needed to craft the highest level gears. 

But if you dont want to take the solutions. Then sit there and only trade with your friends.  

6 minutes ago, Pax said:

What did you think? you could have a few friends and thats the only people you need to trade with to progress.. there are so many resources that only appear in  specific biome and only on specific islands in thous biomes? your gunna need alot of friends to cover the 6 of each type of resource  needed to craft the highest level gears. 

But if you dont want to take the solutions. Then sit there and only trade with your friends.  

Oh yes, because my friends and I didn't choose one island to live on. We spread out across this enormous game to not be able to help each other by a 30 hour sail. Let me make this clear. Having to use resources out side the game to make the base objective of the game "Better" is a shit game.

Edited by Muffinman

1 minute ago, Muffinman said:

Oh yes, because my friends and I didn't choose one island to live on. We spread out across this enormous game to not be able to help each other by a 30 hour sail. Let me make this clear. Having to use resources out side the game to make the game playable, is a shit game.

ok have fun not doing anything since you refuse to help yourself.. while your at it make sure your not on the wiki at all..  

Anby further complaints from you will be ignored Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Pax said:

ok have fun not doing anything since you refuse to help yourself.. while your at it make sure your not on the wiki at all..  

Anby further complaints from you will be ignored Have a nice day.

Refuse to help myself? Look here high horse rider. You jump to assumptions quickly. Having to use another program to incentive trade deals is a poor solution for any game based around trading. I can already communicate with players in the game without discord. We do make trades with other players, and we have banded together with other companies in our region. The vast amount of resources still is nice, however, it's fucking stone structures and basic game needs. Not exotic gear. You are missing the point entirely about the horrible trade incentives in this game. That or you are just refusing and simply playing the roll of a troll. Trade values aren't worth 8 hours of sailing for the chance to lose the ship and cargo.

I fully agree with trading but that's why they have blueprints which require an abundance of various types of resources. There are islands out there with everything on them, you just need to go to read forums or find site that lists them but you can find them. The downfall with the increase cost for stone makes it a dead skill to work towards. The time and investment isn't worth it compared to wood or thatch. Thatch is so easy to make now its not even funny. I'm sitting at my base right now making 100's of stacks of shit to go off and build something. Enough people doing that is going to cause server latency and more issues for them. They need to leave thatch pricing the way it was and revert stone back. They are losing all the creative builders in this game due to the changes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Refuse to help myself? Look here high horse rider. You jump to assumptions quickly. Having to use another program to incentive trade deals is a poor solution for any game based around trading. I can already communicate with players in the game without discord. We do make trades with other players, and we have banded together with other companies in our region. The vast amount of resources still is nice, however, it's fucking stone structures and basic game needs. Not exotic gear. You are missing the point entirely about the horrible trade incentives in this game. That or you are just refusing and simply playing the roll of a troll. Trade values aren't worth 8 hours of sailing for the chance to lose the ship and cargo.

lol well i dont know what your bitching about. Im not playing the roll of a troll i legitimately came and posted to help you.. the ingame system is limited to the server ytour on.. you can go to the forums or discord. could find people 1 server away to trade with.. IF your trading with people that arnt giving you a balanced trade then your getting bent over the bar.  there is no communication with people on other servers unless your in an alliance.. The discord and the forums have hundreds of us that trade with each other.  trades are good deals if you have a bunch of poeple to trade with.. 

But if your not wanting to sail to another place to trade then your missing out on the point of this game.. but your more than welcome to sit on your island and only trade with peopel that live in your server and get shittty deals cause you are refusing to use other systems offerend to you..

Good Luck

For every one else...

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/54-market-place/ 

Or 

https://discord.gg/8RGKxvN

In the roll assignemtn channel at the top  you cna pick NA or EU then you will see your servers.. NA-PVE or PVP same for EU.

General chat for NA-PVE are pretty good place for help and the NAPVE Trading is a great place to set up trades. its 50/50 on wether peopel want to have stuff delivered or want to pick up.

3 minutes ago, Pax said:

lol well i dont know what your bitching about. Im not playing the roll of a troll i legitimately came and posted to help you.. the ingame system is limited to the server ytour on.. you can go to the forums or discord. could find people 1 server away to trade with.. IF your trading with people that arnt giving you a balanced trade then your getting bent over the bar.  there is no communication with people on other servers unless your in an alliance.. The discord and the forums have hundreds of us that trade with each other.  trades are good deals if you have a bunch of poeple to trade with.. 

But if your not wanting to sail to another place to trade then your missing out on the point of this game.. but your more than welcome to sit on your island and only trade with peopel that live in your server and get shittty deals cause you are refusing to use other systems offerend to you..

Good Luck

On no communication with people in other servers? What are you talking about? You go to that server and chat. Boom, chat with them. You obviously haven't read we sailed 4 hours. Obviously we are traveling outside our server. As well I mentioned getting honey. Well you aren't getting honey in the northern regions now are you? Guess you'll have to sail down to D7 on Okograve and mine it yourself. Would you look at that, I didn't need to trade for honey, simply harvested it myself. Ahm, Problem number 1. Remember? Here we go back in the circle of this discussion. The incentive to trade in the game to risk a boat and cargo isn't worth the 4 hours of sailing alone. Ignoring the amount of time it took to gather the cargo and building the damn ship.

Why is it a PVP issue? Shouldn't have added metal and paste to stone structures period. Those requirements should be for Metal blocks which should also be stronger then stone...

PVE SHOULD NOT BE PUNISH but PVP should. Its a different DIMENSION of Atlas in PVE. I build with THATCH, alos build a HOME not a BASE, my problem is all the abandoned RAFTS and SLOOPS. I also think PVE should stop thinking like soldiers and start thinking like ARCHITECTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pax said:

For every one else...

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/54-market-place/ 

Or 

https://discord.gg/8RGKxvN

In the roll assignemtn channel at the top  you cna pick NA or EU then you will see your servers.. NA-PVE or PVP same for EU.

General chat for NA-PVE are pretty good place for help and the NAPVE Trading is a great place to set up trades. its 50/50 on wether peopel want to have stuff delivered or want to pick up.

How about the devs put something in game for such a system to forgo discord?

Lets begin with trade hubs located around the map. Then place merchants there that allow players to submit "Purchase Orders". These Purchase Orders can be placed by players to offer this amount of items for another amount of items. Companies/players can then look at these Purchase Orders and determine if the items they want are worth trading. As well open a trading skill tree that allow players that can place and/or take on more Purchase Orders. Open weight values in the tree for specialized crates that can be placed on boats and other neat ideas. Just saying, discord is not a proper improvement for trade system in a game based around trade.

2 hours ago, Muffinman said:

How about the devs put something in game for such a system to forgo discord?

Lets begin with trade hubs located around the map. Then place merchants there that allow players to submit "Purchase Orders". These Purchase Orders can be placed by players to offer this amount of items for another amount of items. Companies/players can then look at these Purchase Orders and determine if the items they want are worth trading. As well open a trading skill tree that allow players that can place and/or take on more Purchase Orders. Open weight values in the tree for specialized crates that can be placed on boats and other neat ideas. Just saying, discord is not a proper improvement for trade system in a game based around trade.

I like this idea. It's better than the gold for resources thing. There has to be a cost associated with it, but nothing major, nothing that would discourage the use of this system.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

I like this idea. It's better than the gold for resources thing. There has to be a cost associated with it, but nothing major, nothing that would discourage the use of this system.

Spread the idea so the devs can get word of it. It won't take form without it.

already coming... in Feb Freeports will have player stores

On 1/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, Pax said:

Not what I'm talking about. You sure are someone who loves to assume.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Not what I'm talking about. You sure are someone who loves to assume.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, Pax said:

The stores will sell things for gold, wouldn't be a bad idea to make an addition later to add the option of trading X resource for Y resource at Z rate. Now please  stop with the pissing contest.

• Thanks 1

Where is a lot way to get sap which you can make organic paste. In Polar you can dive. In warm island you can find just use wiki where to find. And also you can trade. Nothing come straight away but with time. First you build wood walls then you are looking to replace with stone walls.

Edited by Robotukas

Please bring us back the old fluffy stone recipe -.- it makes no fun to build anymore on pve. We want build big stuff and this is only fucking time wasting 😞... i know you guys in pvp are the real fucked ones with this patch.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, Fizzenator said:

… They need to leave thatch pricing the way it was and revert stone back. They are losing all the creative builders in this game due to the changes.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about it! I was going to build my own smaller & actually functional version of a stone hexagonal lighthouse. I built most of the stone foundations, and then stopped when this patch came out. I literally tore it all up and put their crappy lighthouse up that does nothing but turn on/off. Now, if the devs DID do something right, it would be to add more snail spawns for organic paste in all sectors, and make it something you can dig for. They should ALSO allow us to farm bees/honey for it. And, if they REALLY want to make our Christmas list come true - how about NOT de-spawning resources more than 1 block away from a foundation and shipyard!!!

• Like 1