StefanKyle84

pve Organic paste requirement for Stone Structure is insane ! Do not punish PVE players for the PVP mistakes ! Eliminate organic paste requirement from Stone Structures !

5 minutes ago, Tarantel said:

Honey/fakehoney/sugar also saps and it wont spoil so u can fillup your ship with it and bring it to your base.

And whats the problem to travel for mats ? its a fucking Ocean Travelgame xD

The largest issue I see is in stack sizing. Saps only stack up to 20, there are 45 slots in a large storage box so at most you can fill it up with 900 sap which doesn't last all that long. Take a water pipe, for instance, it requires 10 per meaning if you did a simple 6 piece garden layout you would eat up 60 saps. Not to mention their drop rates are abysmally low. If saps are going to be a cornerstone for stone pieces, there needs to be a loot increase of 5x and a stack size increase to 500. If not, then requirements should be diminished by 80%

• Like 1

It's a ridiculous change for PvE. Absolutely no justification for it...unless the goal is to add more arbitrary hassles like FoY debuff, Fog + Cyclones + SoTD while sailing and so on. If that's so, mission accomplished.

38 minutes ago, Tobias said:

The largest issue I see is in stack sizing. Saps only stack up to 20, there are 45 slots in a large storage box so at most you can fill it up with 900 sap which doesn't last all that long. Take a water pipe, for instance, it requires 10 per meaning if you did a simple 6 piece garden layout you would eat up 60 saps. Not to mention their drop rates are abysmally low. If saps are going to be a cornerstone for stone pieces, there needs to be a loot increase of 5x and a stack size increase to 500. If not, then requirements should be diminished by 80%

Don't use storage boxes for this, use the resource chest under captaineering.  Stacks are much much higher in there.  Save yourself some space on any/all ships that way.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tarantel said:

Honey/fakehoney/sugar also saps and it wont spoil so u can fillup your ship with it and bring it to your base.

Because sailing for hours in this game sucks so bad, that's what's wrong with it.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Don't use storage boxes for this, use the resource chest under captaineering.  Stacks are much much higher in there.  Save yourself some space on any/all ships that way.

That isn't a rational reason to leave stack sizes at 20 though and it still doesn't address the low loot issues.

33 minutes ago, Tobias said:

That isn't a rational reason to leave stack sizes at 20 though and it still doesn't address the low loot issues.

Honestly there isn't going to be a reason anyone here considers rational due to the change.  But it does solve your issue for transporting it in a very inefficient manner.

3 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

Real concrete structures do have metal rebar in them..percentage wise not this much though. If this was like 5 metal per wall I could begin to be ok with it.

People keep refering to concrete. We are not building in concrete we are building in stone. There is a big difference between them. 

Lol all these people complaining about having to go harvest sap from couple of tiles away ive had to do that for most of my farming nearest sap/fiber is 5 tiles away , decent stone / wood / thatch farming 2 tiles . Living in the ice fields is fun tip for all these guys complaining sap only stacks up to 20 , make it into organic paste on the spot stacks to 500. Thats how ive been making all my walls / ceilings and floors less weight as well. Just make them on the tile you farming for the materials.

• Haha 1

Its absolutly Stupid..... we want build good looking Buildings in PVE... ok when i read most of comments here most are strawhousebuilders..... let stone be stone and implement metal or metal stone walls but don't do this shit pls :(((

Edited by Skerga
  • Like 1

I agree with the Original Poster! THIS CHANGE IS STUPID! There's a TON of people who have no access to metal AND no access to Sap. There's a TON more people that have griefed our metal nodes and resources from spawning by foundation spamming.
I repeat, this change is STUPID!

• Like 3

Why half walll cost same as normal wall, why rails cost same as normal wall? Why foundation cost same as ceiling? If you want increases cost so make it cost to be more efficient 

In general, the introduction is normal. Now, to build a good house, you will need more time. If you built a house in 4 days, now you will need 8. The only amount of sugar required is very high. 20 on 1 element - a lot. Let's say the number 5 already sounds better.

I will build from stone on pve, because There are many animals that can eat the whole house.

4 minutes ago, a1rum said:

In general, the introduction is normal. Now, to build a good house, you will need more time. If you built a house in 4 days, now you will need 8. The only amount of sugar required is very high. 20 on 1 element - a lot. Let's say the number 5 already sounds better.

I will build from stone on pve, because There are many animals that can eat the whole house.

animals (wolf, snake, lion, tiger and so on) don't eat wood so I don't understand why they do in the game? 😄

10 hours ago, JackTheWack said:

Lol all these people complaining about having to go harvest sap from couple of tiles away ive had to do that for most of my farming nearest sap/fiber is 5 tiles away , decent stone / wood / thatch farming 2 tiles . Living in the ice fields is fun tip for all these guys complaining sap only stacks up to 20 , make it into organic paste on the spot stacks to 500. Thats how ive been making all my walls / ceilings and floors less weight as well. Just make them on the tile you farming for the materials.

The point is you should not need tips, tricks and workarounds to enjoy a basic function in the game. Saps have the lowest stack size in the game and not a single person has offered any logical argument as to why. The stack size needs changed period. It isn't like it's asking for an entire line of code to be written or changed, its a single number on every sap item 20 to 500. I have no complaints about hunting for sap...thats the nature of the game, but the stack size needs beefing up as does the loot from the sap. You can go knock down a maple tree and get anywhere from 10-15 syrup; meanwhile, back at the base of say a 5 x 6 house you plan to build you would need around 600 sap to build just the floor alone. That means knocking down about 60 maple trees and as far as I can tell there are usually only about 5-10 per island which of course means visiting about 6 islands....and that's just for the floor, not to mention the walls, door, ceiling...and to beat it all you are competing against others needing that same low rate resource. It's too damned high. The craziest thing is the disparity between stone building versus wood and thatch. Both wood and thatch are made from commonly found items in simple formulas, stone...lets tack on other stuff. 

What is happening here is devs are looking for a use for organic paste since flaming arrows went the way of the ARK Dodo. Now that those arrows are basically useless no one needs organic paste for them...which is fine, adding a use for paste to have a purpose is ok, but it needs toning down. I would say about 2-3 for building pieces and stuff like pipes set to 1. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tobias said:

The point is you should not need tips, tricks and workarounds to enjoy a basic function in the game. Saps have the lowest stack size in the game and not a single person has offered any logical argument as to why. The stack size needs changed period. It isn't like it's asking for an entire line of code to be written or changed, its a single number on every sap item 20 to 500. I have no complaints about hunting for sap...thats the nature of the game, but the stack size needs beefing up as does the loot from the sap. You can go knock down a maple tree and get anywhere from 10-15 syrup; meanwhile, back at the base of say a 5 x 6 house you plan to build you would need around 600 sap to build just the floor alone. That means knocking down about 60 maple trees and as far as I can tell there are usually only about 5-10 per island which of course means visiting about 6 islands....and that's just for the floor, not to mention the walls, door, ceiling...and to beat it all you are competing against others needing that same low rate resource. It's too damned high. The craziest thing is the disparity between stone building versus wood and thatch. Both wood and thatch are made from commonly found items in simple formulas, stone...lets tack on other stuff. 

What is happening here is devs are looking for a use for organic paste since flaming arrows went the way of the ARK Dodo. Now that those arrows are basically useless no one needs organic paste for them...which is fine, adding a use for paste to have a purpose is ok, but it needs toning down. I would say about 2-3 for building pieces and stuff like pipes set to 1. 

You are absolutely right! The stack is too small. And the fact that it takes 1 such stack to 1 plate - the greatest nonsense. I hope the developers will understand it in the near future.

15 hours ago, Tarantel said:

The problem. Is player are treating this game as happy island SIM 

We have players in our secTor that have loved the taming changes so they don't have to travel 

As u u say ITS FUCKING GAME ABOUT SHIPS AND TRAVELING , 

I got told the other day "I wish I had your knowledge of where to find this mat and that mat" 

I replied because the boats I build I actually use them they don't just sit looking pretty 

22 hours ago, Tarantel said:

This is just a game. I can't enjoy the wind in my hair or, the smell of the sea. Sailing 2-4 hours one way is a snooze fest. Logging out at sea to go and enjoy life is a good way to through away time, a ship and it's cargo. The Devs have asked players to pretty much make this game a life chore. Yeah, no thanks. I'm not joining a major company to be someones resource monkey. Enjoy the game with what little players are left.

Edited by Muffinman

The devs have said from the beginning the reason people dont have islands with everything on them is to promote player interaction. they DONT want this game to be one where no tribes get along its alll sneaky break in steal resoces and run off. they want to see trade involved... and if you want to survive and thrive, you need to learn to trade with people and establish trade routes.. we have dont it we sell saps and organic paste and in return we get things we dont have.   We are a2 man tribe and we trade for alot of things we need and it makes the game less grindy and more fun establishing trade

You make Stone cost alot more,  okey thats fine as a solo player i dont mind put in some working effort. BUT why do you make stone weaker and not stronger. Let the big raiding tribes get some resistans when breaking in. 

Just discovered this! This is insane! Revert back to Fibre, Stone, Thatch and Wood.... other resources are ridiculous

• Like 1