Louis Blackblood

Bear breeding in the Tundra

We use to be able to breed bears in tundra area. Now since the update we are trying to breed in tundra and told undesirable.  Anyone else experiance this? What biome is good for bear breeding?

38 minutes ago, JadeGSX said:

We use to be able to breed bears in tundra area. Now since the update we are trying to breed in tundra and told undesirable.  Anyone else experiance this? What biome is good for bear breeding?

Temprate is where it is at for bear breeding

2 hours ago, JadeGSX said:

Funny how one of the patch note say : - Updated creature breeding biome tags so that creatures can always be bred in biomes they're found in.  

BUT , we got even more biomes restriction instead .

Edited by kampfer91
  • Sad 1

The need to stop the silliness.  If a creature is found on an island, it should be able to be bred, and raised on that island, with no care.  How the hell do the wild ones get there?  Breast stroke?  For imprinting, it should work like this...a timer starts for the imprinting.  After that timer expires, you can imprint.  If you do not imprint it right away, the timer for the next imprinting does not start.  You have 24 hours to do the imprinting.  At the end of the 24 hours, if you did not imprint, you lose that chance, and the next timer starts.  If you are able to, you can imprint in a shorter period of time, but for those who have a life outside of the game, they are not penalized.  People don't like it when games are coded in such a way that it ensures their failure.  This is one of those instances.  Even on a weekend, most grown ups can't stay with a game for 30 hours straight.  It's as if the devs who come up with this stuff have lost their minds. 

This is going to go the same way as China when they had the 'one child' policy.  The new meta will be Alpha babies.  I can see plenty of babies being discarded now if they're not alphas, and the new 'thing' will be PvP companies with level 250 alpha tames stomping everyone.  

lol.

Can of worms.

• Like 1

What a Bullshit mechanic. Its just stupid to have a dozen of fires needed to care about some Cups for days!! Its just no fun and way to hard.

They sholud change it completely.

- Breed tames in the biome, where they regular spawn, for the optimal klimate

- Then you need special food to bring them up. Milk, honey what so ever. Thirst and hunger

- Have a construction you need to keep them

- And let them need a clean stable.

just that easy.

The problem here is this.

Most people complaining are looking at this from the individual perspective.  GS is looking at this from the Company perspective.  My company appointed a small team of people who enjoy breeding to handle it.  We are already working on 2nd generation tames.  Excited to see what they breed. 

What is this nonsense? I still cannot breed in Tundra Bears, Lions, Wolfs and shit. I´m living in N3 so what the fuck is going on. I mean, if Mrs. Bear wants to see the mighty one so give the lady the D.

Edited by Caine

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

The problem here is this.

Most people complaining are looking at this from the individual perspective.  GS is looking at this from the Company perspective.  My company appointed a small team of people who enjoy breeding to handle it.  We are already working on 2nd generation tames.  Excited to see what they breed. 

And this shows how short sighted they are.  What if the people in that company...people who have been gaming together for years, all live in the same time zone?  So somebody has to set their alarm clock, wake up their family in the process, so they can care for a virtual animal?  Absurd.  And even more absurd that people base in hot climates, simply can't breed because the babies die.  They need to rethink this.  In PvP, this is game breaking unbalanced.  In PvE, it can work, I suppose, since you aren't really competing with other people.

• Thanks 1

If everything is made easy then what?  In all the games I have played like this there are simply parts of the game that cannot be reached by certain individuals and small guilds/corps/companies. 

I see no easy answer here.  These types of games tend to not be friendly to these groups. 

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

If everything is made easy then what?  In all the games I have played like this there are simply parts of the game that cannot be reached by certain individuals and small guilds/corps/companies. 

I see no easy answer here.  These types of games tend to not be friendly to these groups. 

Breeding is not hard.  Having to hit a moving bird with an arrow...that's challenging.  Hitting bees, that are chasing me, with an arrow...that's hard, but I do it.  Breeding such that you have to stay up all night, or have people get up at night so you can take a break...that's absurd.

Everything does not have to be hard.  Do walls bite you if you don't approach them at the right angle, when placing a new one on them?  No.  Do rocks run away when you hit them with a pick?  No.

The difficulty in this game, when playing PvP, is provided by the other players.  PvP games need balance, and this game has none.

I raised 30 -35 bears not so hard just need to be in the right biome and you need zero fires. I think im on 6 or 7 gen at this point. and most I did completely by my self after the first 5 hours your good to log off and never look at them again if you have like 5 to 6 stacks of potato's in them

On 5/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The need to stop the silliness.  If a creature is found on an island, it should be able to be bred, and raised on that island, with no care.  How the hell do the wild ones get there?  Breast stroke?  For imprinting, it should work like this...a timer starts for the imprinting.  After that timer expires, you can imprint.  If you do not imprint it right away, the timer for the next imprinting does not start.  You have 24 hours to do the imprinting.  At the end of the 24 hours, if you did not imprint, you lose that chance, and the next timer starts.  If you are able to, you can imprint in a shorter period of time, but for those who have a life outside of the game, they are not penalized.  People don't like it when games are coded in such a way that it ensures their failure.  This is one of those instances.  Even on a weekend, most grown ups can't stay with a game for 30 hours straight.  It's as if the devs who come up with this stuff have lost their minds. 

Sorry your just making statements the prove you know exactly nothing about breeding. So let's add a little fact to the discussion.

1) ALL babies only need someone with them until they turn juvenile at a hair over 10% maturation - that's FIVE hours for bears and SIX for tigers NOT THIRTY. After that they eat from troughs so no more hand feeding.

2) If its made totally automatic then there is no sense of achievement for doing it. The game has no depth and is cheapened by that - you want something put in at least some nominal effort.

3) Babies need more care than adults - if you have to have some fires to keep them warm then do it - DON'T use fires, use your brain and pick something else.

4) Babies don't HAVE to be imprinted - they will survive just fine without. Once again if you want something extra put in some extra effort.

also if you don't want to have to tame or raise bears you can always trade/buy them ton of ppl r selling level 50 plus bears

1 hour ago, pfg said:

Sorry your just making statements the prove you know exactly nothing about breeding. So let's add a little fact to the discussion.

1) ALL babies only need someone with them until they turn juvenile at a hair over 10% maturation - that's FIVE hours for bears and SIX for tigers NOT THIRTY. After that they eat from troughs so no more hand feeding.

2) If its made totally automatic then there is no sense of achievement for doing it. The game has no depth and is cheapened by that - you want something put in at least some nominal effort.

3) Babies need more care than adults - if you have to have some fires to keep them warm then do it - DON'T use fires, use your brain and pick something else.

4) Babies don't HAVE to be imprinted - they will survive just fine without. Once again if you want something extra put in some extra effort.

And you just showed that you have not one clue about WHY you breed.  Did you play ARK?  I assume not because your post shows you to not have a clue.  You breed to IMPRINT.

Imprinting makes a huge difference in how well the tame performs.  If you are not going to imprint, save yourself the trouble and just tame wild animals.

5 hours ago, Snarfy Jones said:

they said on stream today that soon the temperature wont affect babies after 10% 😉

That's a good start.  After that, they should use my suggestion for imprinting.  Allow 24 hours to imprint.  Once the "wants care in..." timer has expired, allowing you to imprint, maturation should stop, until you imprint, or the imprinting allowed, timer expires, and then it resumes as the timer until next imprint allowed, expires.  In this way, those who have the people to stay up, and imprint as soon as it is allowed, still have their advantage.  They get their imprinting done in 30 hours.  Those who do not have that ability, don't lose out on the ability to imprint, but it takes them a whole lot longer to get the baby imprinted, and to full maturity.

After that, stop with the Polar, or Tundra only, for breeding and raising of babies.  Babies don't need to be kept cool as much as the need to be kept warm.  Warm climates should not be impossible for raising babies.  If they want to go this route, of for instance, bears not being able to breed, and raise babies in tropical...fine, but make it impossible to raise tigers, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, etc..in Tundra and Polar.  Those should only be raised in warm and hot climates.  The game needs balance.  You shouldn't be at a disadvantage if your base is in a hot climate.  At the same time, you should not be at a disadvantage if your base is in a cold, or temperate climate.  That may be fine for PvE, but not for PvP.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, Sharana said:

Breeding is not really taming, different activities. Easy to tame, really hard to breed as the non stop care requires more then 1 person unless someone wants to end up in hospital.

As far as balance goes - there is damn dragon and they will add the cyclops, fire elementals and the rest of the bullshit. Player owned alpha is like nothing compared to that. Yes it's permanent, but it also dies a lot easier then the other mentioned super creatures and is pain in the ass to grow.

Psh yea, i mean that stuff really is nonsense. 

On 1/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, Louis Blackblood said:

So yesterday I finally got around to breeding. I did it a lot in ark and thought that maybe I would try it here. Bears being the obvious choice as we had 2 perfect tame 30's itching to get it on. I spent the 4 hour gestation making sure I had everything ready to go once the little balls of fur were shat out in our tames pen. I spent almost 6 hours with them making sure they weren't too cold/hot with campfires and penguins. They hit around 20% and I figured I could get at least 3 hours of sleep before work. I go to sleep with 4 fires still blazing next to them and hope for the best. I wake up and log on to find that both of them froze to death and my penguins glitched through the foundation. It sucks wasting so much time for something to not even have a chance. Oh well, I will try again.

Devs, if I could make a suggestion to breeding, make it to where once they hit juvenile that they get a fortitude buff so when the temps swing a little too high/low they don't die. I would love to no life this game but cant because I have to adult 😞

this is a recurrent (10 months old) problem, dont expect any short term fix, right now devs are busy figuring right from left (and cash grabing money in the process) i sowuld suggest you to now waste your time with breeding until ... next year maybe? and by that i dont mean 2 months, i mean 12.

unless you wanna use your full free day to do it and 1 random day find them dead because a snake glitched trough your fundations.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:06 PM, strawman said:

Next patchnotes are guaranteed to have "babies can no longer be alpha"

is so funny how they identify the fun aspects of the game and kill them right away, while 10 months old bugs are still here.

13 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

this is a recurrent (10 months old) problem, dont expect any short term fix, right now devs are busy figuring right from left (and cash grabing money in the process) i sowuld suggest you to now waste your time with breeding until ... next year maybe? and by that i dont mean 2 months, i mean 12.

unless you wanna use your full free day to do it and 1 random day find them dead because a snake glitched trough your fundations.

is so funny how they identify the fun aspects of the game and kill them right away, while 10 months old bugs are still here.

You are arguing a post from January, better still you even quoted the guys suggestion that was put into the game in an even better manner.

It's so funny how they identify unintended aspects and kill them right away, while 10 months old bugs are not here anymore.

15 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

It's so funny how they identify unintended aspects and kill them right away

by unidentfied aspects you mean players dont you? i totally agree they killed 90% of them in only 10 months!!! that must be some kind of guiness record 🤔