Sign in to follow this  
strawman

Everything offlined...

Solo player. Spent the 2x farming a stone base with two four-layer storage rooms and prefabbing a brig. Woke up, everything was lost to offliners. Not a big surprise when you 2.5x explosive damage to stone in the middle of the night, eh?

Goodbye, Atlas.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Just now, strawman said:

Solo player. Spent the 2x farming a stone base with two four-layer storage rooms and prefabbing a brig. Woke up, everything was lost to offliners. Not a big surprise when you 2.5x explosive damage to stone in the middle of the night, eh?

Goodbye, Atlas.

Yeah this game isn’t about actual pvp. It’s pvb player vs base. About 99 out of every 100 raids will be offline raids. Not cool, but it is what it is

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Yeah this game isn’t about actual pvp. It’s pvb player vs base. About 99 out of every 100 raids will be offline raids. Not cool, but it is what it is

This was predictable, why are people surprised?

Our base was nearly offlined right after the stupid patch. Making our last stand against 10 times more people :skull:

I really hope the devs will make a reality check some day and rethink their "vision", but there won't be many people left on official by then i fear.

7 hours ago, Lynx said:

We gotta remember some people aren’t familiar with ark 😂 they don’t feel the pain yet. 

When I first played ark I was like WTF! Like every day 😂

7 hours ago, Realist said:

I have a lot of hours in Rust so I'm used to offline raids and player vs. base. Thing is, I've never felt like I was playing Player vs. Developer until last night.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

We gotta remember some people aren’t familiar with ark 😂 they don’t feel the pain yet. 

When I first played ark I was like WTF! Like every day 😂

That means ark was flawed, shouldn’t be able to easily offline someone with minimal resources. The devs should realize this and change it, especially if they say they don’t want this to be a Mega Clan game....

12 minutes ago, SockStink said:

That means ark was flawed, shouldn’t be able to easily offline someone with minimal resources. The devs should realize this and change it, especially if they say they don’t want this to be a Mega Clan game....

It might not seem like I am not on your side but I am. I am just taking a realistic view. They did in fact say they eventually wanted one company to rule the globe.

but besides that they have always been mega oriented. That will not change, I promise you that.

17 minutes ago, strawman said:

I have a lot of hours in Rust so I'm used to offline raids and player vs. base. Thing is, I've never felt like I was playing Player vs. Developer until last night.

If that is the way you see it then you will find that this game is player vs developer. I don’t see it as that because I am used to them making snap decisions that are often bad, so I just take it for face value that they are not a good dev company. They will always be mega friendly.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

It might not seem like I am not on your side but I am. I am just taking a realistic view. They did in fact say they eventually wanted one company to rule the globe.

but besides that they have always been mega oriented. That will not change, I promise you that.

I just remember seeing multiple quotes from their live stream about saying how they want this game to have the availability for small groups and company’s to be able to survive. IMO a clever base design or better battle tactics/ strategies should over power sheer numbers of people.

Just now, SockStink said:

I just remember seeing multiple quotes from their live stream about saying how they want this game to have the availability for small groups and company’s to be able to survive. IMO a clever base design or better battle tactics/ strategies should over power sheer numbers of people.

The game isn’t built like that. It is built like ark. Eventually you will see the awesome solo guys doing their raids just like ark. But you have to be really good.

but no even though the “devs” you saw in the stream are saying things they want to happen, it is all up to jeremy(the main boss) and he is the one you have to worry about. Like really worry about.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

The game isn’t built like that. It is built like ark. Eventually you will see the awesome solo guys doing their raids just like ark. But you have to be really good.

but no even though the “devs” you saw in the stream are saying things they want to happen, it is all up to jeremy(the main boss) and he is the one you have to worry about. Like really worry about.

Does Jeremy have a Twitter?

The mega alpha chinese super tribes did destroy huge honeycomb stone bases up to the very last foundation in 20 minutes BEFORE the latest player abusing patch.

Now it is completely pointless and a waste of life time to build anything at all.

55 minutes ago, Talono said:

The mega alpha chinese super tribes did destroy huge honeycomb stone bases up to the very last foundation in 20 minutes BEFORE the latest player abusing patch.

Now it is completely pointless and a waste of life time to build anything at all.

Exactly what happened us. Chinese tribes cleared our island out over night. This game, like Dark and light before it, will muddle through with nonsensical changes no one asked for and with zero notice. Alienating the backbone of it's players to the point of the only community left will be Pirate themed RP on PvE private servers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tateybread said:

Exactly what happened us. Chinese tribes cleared our island out over night. This game, like Dark and light before it, will muddle through with nonsensical changes no one asked for and with zero notice. Alienating the backbone of it's players to the point of the only community left will be Pirate themed RP on PvE private servers.

What Company are you in?

Im on EU pvp, would rather not mention which company. it wasn't our only island, but it was our main farming one... with metal and honey nodes... which is gonna hurt us with the new Building materials clusterfuck.

15 hours ago, Lynx said:

Offline raiding is not a surprise.
The big surprise is why make it easier than it was already ?

If there was a better cost/benefit balance it would still happen, but at least you knew they had to work for it.

Recent patch made it so much a hassle to build stone that only real question is "why bother with this game anymore"

5 hours ago, Aleeya said:

Recent patch made it so much a hassle to build stone that only real question is "why bother with this game anymore"

I would guess that more and more will quit or turn to unofficial servers.

1 hour ago, Bad News Bear said:

It should be pvp only

I think the point he was making is that there is a lot more Player-Versus-Offline-Player than there is actual active fighting involved... Offline raiding feels more like griefing to me than anything else... there is literally no risk to the attacker when raiding an offline players base.  There is no challenge, there is no strategy... just destruction of stuff... because you can...

There is als

1 hour ago, Bastian Auryn said:

I think the point he was making is that there is a lot more Player-Versus-Offline-Player than there is actual active fighting involved... Offline raiding feels more like griefing to me than anything else... there is literally no risk to the attacker when raiding an offline players base.  There is no challenge, there is no strategy... just destruction of stuff... because you can...

There is plenty of avtive PvP/naval warfare if you go look for it.

Funny story we rolled up on a guy gathering resources on our island from a company that offlines everyone on that server every night, he said he was just getting thatch cause he didnt have any on his island. We sunk his ass hard and he was like... yeah we kind of deserved it. We said: “no hard feelings”

Edited by Bad News Bear