xenobiaa

Stone cost controversy poll.

Poll on the new stone structure controversy.  

321 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new change to stone structure cost?

• It needs to be changed back to what the cost originally was!
    • I dont really care, the cost doesn't affect me at all.
    • I think its fine the way it is.

DEVS!!

DO you play your own game on pvp???

Is this ark 2.0 with out of touch devs? Starting to feel like it.

Organic paste for walls, wtf.

• Like 4

A bit of organic paste and metal is ok as such. The problem is that its not stone structures anymore, it´s metal structures.

Heavy metal you already need for cannon balls, tools, guns, cannons, ammo etc...and did I mention cannon balls?

It's not so much the paste, it's more the metal lol, Nearly all the islands only have a small amount of metal, like tiny amounts. They made it harder to build stone structures but made them weaker...that doesn't make sense at all. They can't use the 'w don't want people building huge structures cos it lags the game'  Well unfortunately it's a BUILDING game not only that, you made wood cheaper to build so people are going to build even bigger structures now lol

I think the new changes are great and in time will be seen as an enlightened and forward thinking move on the part of the developers. The main issue is the new damage/durability balance between wood and stone which will need adjusting.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I think the new changes are great and in time will be seen as an enlightened and forward thinking move on the part of the developers. The main issue is the new damage/durability balance between wood and stone which will need adjusting.

Ah yes. It's totally a good idea to put the only effective defensive structure behind a gate that like 60% of the islands in the game have no access to. 

• Like 3

Change it back immediately before everyone gets wiped by massive clans. This is a horrific change please listen to your player base or you will for sure lose it.

The metal and paste cost is too high imo. I’m ok with them requiring metal and paste but damn that’s a lot of metal and paste per wall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

A bit of organic paste and metal is ok as such. The problem is that its not stone structures anymore, it´s metal structures.

Heavy metal you already need for cannon balls, tools, guns, cannons, ammo etc...and did I mention cannon balls?

i think you are out voted on this matter my friend.

34 minutes ago, AtlasRyan said:

The metal and paste cost is too high imo. I’m ok with them requiring metal and paste but damn that’s a lot of metal and paste per wall. 

nah it was much better with no metal and paste cost, they should add something better than stone that costs that shit NOT basic stone.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

are....are you kidding?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

nah it was much better with no metal and paste cost, they should add something better than stone that costs that shit NOT basic stone.

I’m good with that idea too

• Like 1

Make another Tier of Stone Structure with these requirements if you have to, but revert the changes. This is the straw that is gonna break the camel's back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

i think you are out voted on this matter my friend.

The option I suggest isn't up for voting 😉

I can live with the changes, but for big balance changes like this they should of done a full wipe for it to take effect. All it did was help mega tribes with all this already built and screwed new players over or small companies who have been offline raided and wiped.

7 minutes ago, LSG said:

I can live with the changes, but for big balance changes like this they should of done a full wipe for it to take effect. All it did was help mega tribes with all this already built and screwed new players over or small companies who have been offline raided and wiped.

Its not a good change for anyone. Now Mega-tribes have to deal with bobs figuring out that they can now blow giant holes in everything with explosives, which can literally be farmed in a couple of hours, and there's next to nothing they can do but kill the Ramshackle sloop and level 3 horse that did it after losing however much they manage to get. 

32 minutes ago, arzosah said:

and I'm sure no one is surprised by the results.

Actually I am, not the fact 88% want it changed back but that there's more people happy than unbotherred.

2 hours ago, Mortavius said:

Make another Tier of Stone Structure with these requirements if you have to, but revert the changes. This is the straw that is gonna break the camel's back.

I actually like this idea, they already said they're adding reinforced planks for boats in the next big update.  Having reinforced stone that takes metal seems like a good idea.

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Then you’re in the overwhelming minority.

26 minutes ago, LSG said:

They’ll never do a full wipe so stop talking about it.

• Like 1