Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Ah, I figured it out

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

The Devs should have taken a page from the Eve online book and made players and ships non persistent. Have ship insurance as a gold sink. Encourage an economy with MMO trade systems. Discourage huge laggy bases and zoos of tames with Limits. And tames should have something like a PixBlock/pokeball/cryoball.

A premade structure called a "Barn" that can be used to upload tames to perhaps?  Just add a limit and decent cost, with maintenance being food for the animals in there and maybe a gold cost.  Same for ships, premade structure called "Ship Hangar" or "Drydock" and then just add a cost to maintain..

• Like 1

You're dumb if you think people won't leave because of this. I personally left because of the skill point per level change and haven't touched it since.

Love coming to the forums to see just how far backward Grapeshot is willing to go with ATLAS.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh I am very anti mega as well. The reason why I know my theory is right is because this is there MO for how they fix stuff.

i didn’t bring up the advantage for Megas because on any change no matter how small the advantage will always go to the Megas, that is why I don’t even bring that up anymore. Being an ark veteran I am already familiar with that.

If the devs wanted this to be mega factions. Then why didn't they just add factions as part of the gameplay. A tri-faction system has been popular in PVP Mmos, like Eve online. The Devs could have done something unique here, but no they didn't. Just pirate flavored Ark, heavy on the grind and hold the fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lynx said:

The Devs should have taken a page from the Eve online book and made players and ships non persistent. Have ship insurance as a gold sink. Encourage an economy with MMO trade systems. Discourage huge laggy bases and zoos of tames with Limits. And tames should have something like a PixBlock/pokeball/cryoball.

They already killed trade companies by making the player shops in ports.

i kind of like that idea though. When I played wow I used to love going to the auction house and see what was for sail.

to be honest the main point of the game will never be sailing. Way too much of ark has been brought into this game. Once they put in a fast travel(they will) sailing will be pretty obsolete 

Just now, Lynx said:

If the devs wanted this to be mega factions. Then why didn't they just add factions as part of the gameplay. A tri-faction system has been popular in PVP Mmos, like Eve online. The Devs could have done something unique here, but no they didn't. Just pirate flavored Ark, heavy on the grind and hold the fun.

Oh dude. The best decision they could have made was a faction based mmo. Would have gotten rid of the whole “mega” mentality. Horde and alliance. But instead they could be pirates and trade companies/pirate hunters. They would have been an instant success. This is ark and that is that

4 minutes ago, Maffia said:

You're dumb if you think people won't leave because of this. I personally left because of the skill point per level change and haven't touched it since.

Love coming to the forums to see just how far backward Grapeshot is willing to go with ATLAS.

As I told the other guy, the casual gamers and gamers new to wildcard will leave. The hardcore ark fan base will never leave though.

i am with you as well. I am not saying it is good, just how it is

9 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

A premade structure called a "Barn" that can be used to upload tames to perhaps?  Just add a limit and decent cost, with maintenance being food for the animals in there and maybe a gold cost.  Same for ships, premade structure called "Ship Hangar" or "Drydock" and then just add a cost to maintain..

This is wildcard though. There are plenty of ideas that could work but if they can’t use ark code and have to make new structures, that just won’t happen. Good idea though, wildcard just won’t do it

They should of just stuck with the original idea and make it a ark dlc and used the ark engine that we have now would be much more stable with small single servers off 100+ people then all these multiservers which on avg have pop of 20.

15 minutes ago, Xenogias said:

If you don't think all the changes aren't going to kill off big chunks of the player base you aren't paying attention. Ark was something new and fresh. If you look at every other survival game out there that decided to go an even bigger grind rout, they have no players. Players want to build grand structures and/or build fast and pvp. I think you are pretty accurate on your reasoning why though.

Yeah I apologize for the whole nobody is leaving thing. I mainly did that at the expense of a couple people on the forums lol.

yeah people will definitely leave because of stuff like this

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

The hardcore ark fan base will never leave though.

I would change this to the hardcore "official PvP" Ark fan base.

I love Ark. Not for the terrible official servers and joke of a support system. But for the awesome modding community. Ark can be whatever you want.

This is exactly the opposite of what Atlas needs to be a successful MMO.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Why buy the game, when you can save your money and just watch streamers play?

/cynicism also 

Because if you play you'll get to feel like a pirate god too, crushing your foes beneath your heel in your galleon!

Your saw that streamer doing it so it must be true. Of course, the dream your being sold is that of the mega, odds are you're going to be the fodder some streamer is grinding up for the viewers, not the streamer himself with dozens of lackies helping grind what he needs to do all this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Because if you play you'll get to feel like a pirate god too, crushing your foes beneath your heel in your galleon!

For pirates to exist there also needs to be navy or law enforcement, merchants and traders, and probably slaves (historically speaking).

58 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

OPs theory is way too optimistic.

I think it's for the streamers. Easier to pop structures are more cinematic for streamers, half these weird changes directly benefit pvp streamers and their entourage while putting their victims at a disadvantage. 

Streamers are the cheapest way of advertising your game to a large audience and grapeshot seems to take advantage of this.  Remember how in the early weeks their twitter would never even address people's concerns or issues? All they ever did was plug pvp streams/videos.

/cynicism 

Its been pretty clear from day one that all the devs care about is catering to streamers and large companies. Very few of the changes they've made benefit anyone else and Jat even got super excited talking about his communication with streamers during the dev stream. They're not hiding it. Massive game breaking issues that effect PvE and solo players are being ignored (and compounded in some cases) so that the streamers get everything they want. Eventually they'll realize most streamers won't stick with Atlas and that most gamers aren't streamers.... but it'll probably be too late at that point.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Lynx said:

What factions in EVE?  The main 4 Gallente, Caldari, Amarr, Minmatar?   Those factions are for fluff reasons ONLY, they only have Faction Warfare which has been ignored by CCP for years.   Other than that EVE caters to the mega corps out in Nulsec which control the player council which meet with CCP twice  year to discuss the direction of the game.  

Well i quit playing. Game lost my interest lack of stuff to do, random illogical balance choices, and bugs bugs bugs.... im only here because of the little faith i have left in hopes something dramatic will change and draw me back. Unless anyone else knows of an open world "pirate" game that is persistant and not an arena like sea of thieves. 

So in short..

I left, and hope one day to be back maybe....

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

What factions in EVE?  The main 4 Gallente, Caldari, Amarr, Minmatar?   Those factions are for fluff reasons ONLY, they only have Faction Warfare which has been ignored by CCP for years.   Other than that EVE caters to the mega corps out in Nulsec which control the player council which meet with CCP twice  year to discuss the direction of the game.  

I get the feeling that's what they wanted to do with Atlas if you look at the encouragement of giant companies.

But it just doesn't work unless they implement more mmo mechanics and focus less on being pirate-Ark.  Frankly the more I watch these patch notes the more I feel official servers will be a ghost town in 7 months unless they do a massive redesign.  Either how servers and maps are structured, a massive companies/claims rework, a mixture of pvp/pve on one server, well thought out offline protections, something anyways.

Using nerfs and buffs to promote the behavior they want from players will never work, you need hard rules from game mechanics.

44 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

you need hard rules from game mechanics.

Those aren't rules. Those are just actual game mechanics. Rule aren't enforceable. Game mechanics are, unless we are talking about the WC/GC devs...Then they just leave exploits in the game.

I keep saying Lord of the Flys. That's what happens in a player run sandbox. There must be actual game mechanics.