Sign in to follow this  
Implicitlee

Atlas Game Promotes Suicide

So I have a Vitamin A,B,C,D deficiency and my stomach is 3/4 full I start coughing and going blind what else is there to do but put all my things in Storage then go jump of the highest point and die to reset everything.

8 Salted Fish 8 Salted Meat 16 Yellow and 16 Orange = equilibrium 

• Like 2

Keep eating? 4 cooked meat, 4 milk, 4 veggies and 20 berries will get you about 20% of your vitamin with little damage.

Well, unless you're over drinking. Fuck me overdrinking murders you fast.

27 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Keep eating? 4 cooked meat, 4 milk, 4 veggies and 20 berries will get you about 20% of your vitamin with little damage.

Well, unless you're over drinking. Fuck me overdrinking murders you fast.

Why bother making food, just suicide the game promotes it.

Lol, iv probably eatin in this game less than 5% of my time spent on it...I never carry food or water I just run around naked with pick and axe then die when hungry or thirsty.....wich is quit often. This is alot easier 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Why bother making food, just suicide the game promotes it.

Well, movement speed buff, health regen, so on.
IMO the +20xp is worth it no matter what.

In most other survival games I've played you typically stack 1 or 2 different food types and u never had a problem.

I love the dynamic they introduced here because it forces you to eat a well balanced meal. To me this is much more realistic. 

They should nerf the depletion rates by no less than half IMO.

3 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

So I have a Vitamin A,B,C,D deficiency and my stomach is 3/4 full I start coughing and going blind what else is there to do but put all my things in Storage then go jump of the highest point and die to reset everything.

8 Salted Fish 8 Salted Meat 16 Yellow and 16 Orange = equilibrium 

S.C.U.M has the best balance to the Vitamin system. Dont think the devs are gamers or they would be taking notes 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mighty Zarkon said:

Spend points in both fortitude (mine is 50) and vitamin deficiency depletion 1 & 2.

This. I have all vitamin depletion talents but the first two probably would do most of the trick as well. Put some points in fort, that's what it's there for. Additionally, here are some pro tips about managing vitamins vs the food bar:

The advantage of prime meat and fish meat vs regular is that they give a much higher boost to the vitamin bars than regular versions, so use them. Kill a shark and a cow every so often. Then, eat these foods first to fill up food to 100. Once your food goes over 100, the amount A and C foods raise food by decreases dramatically. I'm currently at 40. Damage from overeating doesn't kick in until food hits about 118. So I can eat prime meat and prime fish meat all the way up to say 113 easily no problem, then switch to eating A and C foods at that point. Using this approach I never take more than incidental overeating damage (who cares?) and I'm wearing the equilibrium buff about 80% of the time. 

To me this is def worth it vs suiciding. As always YMMV.

I read the title and legitimately thought he meant it promoted suicide IRL.

With these recent changes.... we may as well all fucking neck ourselves. Lmao

Edited by Animal33

45 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Well, movement speed buff, health regen, so on.
IMO the +20xp is worth it no matter what.

But then you get old and as you get older you get debuffs, because the content to make you younger is buggy as hell

37 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This. I have all vitamin depletion talents but the first two probably would do most of the trick as well. Put some points in fort, that's what it's there for. Additionally, here are some pro tips about managing vitamins vs the food bar:

The advantage of prime meat and fish meat vs regular is that they give a much higher boost to the vitamin bars than regular versions, so use them. Kill a shark and a cow every so often. Then, eat these foods first to fill up food to 100. Once your food goes over 100, the amount A and C foods raise food by decreases dramatically. I'm currently at 40. Damage from overeating doesn't kick in until food hits about 118. So I can eat prime meat and prime fish meat all the way up to say 113 easily no problem, then switch to eating A and C foods at that point. Using this approach I never take more than incidental overeating damage (who cares?) and I'm wearing the equilibrium buff about 80% of the time. 

I second the prime meat and prime fish.  The other thing is Peppers, and potatoes give more vitamin A than onions or rosemary.   Some berries give more vitamin C than others.  Just requires a bit of research and sometimes some hunting around.   Also tea works great to replace vitamin A if you have a quality veggie issue.   Because it counts as a drink you can you can be full and still consume it.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I second the prime meat and prime fish.  The other thing is Peppers, and potatoes give more vitamin A than onions or rosemary.   Some berries give more vitamin C than others.  Just requires a bit of research and sometimes some hunting around.   Also tea works great to replace vitamin A if you have a quality veggie issue.   Because it counts as a drink you can you can be full and still consume it.

Yup. Forgot about the tea thing. That's handy. Didn't know about Peppers and potatoes being better than some others. Thanks for the added info.

59 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If I put points into fortitude now will I be able to carry all the metal and sap to craft stone?

5 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

If I put points into fortitude now will I be able to carry all the metal and sap to craft stone?

You can crawl at a VERY slow speed carrying twice your listed max weight.  And just learn to make several trips or put your resource chest next to your smithy like I did.  

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

making choices of priority is part of planning a build in games like these. By design you can't do and be all things. So the only way I can answer your question is to say it depends upon what is the greater priority for you. For me personally, being able to mitigate the management of vitamins and carry the equilibrium buff a large percentage of the time is worth the needed investment.  You may decide that being able to carry more metal and sap at once when crafting stone is the higher priority.

I will say that on this note, imo the current configuration of the talent system, with exponentially higher point costs for incrementally more of x (vitamin depletion talent, swimming speed etc etc) favors being a jack of all trades master of none.

How exactly does one get into equilibrium?

Many times my vit meters are exactly even and i'm good on water, yet no equil.

Hold H and you will see a 30 minute timer on your vit bar and your vit bar will slowly fill up green. EQ occurs when the timer hits 0 and the whole vit bar is green. The problem is that you instantly fall out of equilibrium when your vits deplete to an unspecified value, also (I have not witnessed this personally as i have not checked) you lose EQ when crossing servers. So for me it make sit kind of pointless to worry about maintaining EQ, just spawn and get the EQ buff for about half your time alive and then repeat. I wish it was worth faffing with, but it really doesn't feel worth the constant faff, and miss the EQ loss by 1 second and you are on another 30 minute timer to get it back. 

Edited by Monkeydo

That sounds dumb.

It should be if all vits within few points of each other and water and food above X %

24 minutes ago, Monkeydo said:

Hold H and you will see a 30 minute timer on your vit bar and your vit bar will slowly fill up green. EQ occurs when the timer hits 0 and the whole vit bar is green. The problem is that you instantly fall out of equilibrium when your vits deplete to an unspecified value, also (I have not witnessed this personally as i have not checked) you lose EQ when crossing servers. So for me it make sit kind of pointless to worry about maintaining EQ, just spawn and get the EQ buff for about half your time alive and then repeat. I wish it was worth faffing with, but it really doesn't feel worth the constant faff, and miss the EQ loss by 1 second and you are on another 30 minute timer to get it back. 

There is a specified value.

If any of your vitamins drop more than 20% difference from each other or drop below 25 you will fall out of that state. 

And on a side note.....

by specified amount I meant visually, 25 and 26 look visually identical in the tiny little Vit meter. So judging when I need to go and waste time reviting is a pain in the butt when I am trying to do something. Now if it had:

1. A marker showing the loss point, that would be helpful.

2. A cooldown timer when you start to lose the EQ buff so that you have a chance to fix it before getting stuck on a new 30 minute timer.

It might make me more inclined to put the effort into maintaining a survival state, but a minute of inattention of the smallest UI ever (hyperbole I am  sure there is a worse one somewhere) and my progress is reset 30 minutes, I may as well exercise murder myself and get a vit rebalance and a food and water reset for a 31 minute EQ timer instead...