Sign in to follow this  
TwistedEndz

Reasons behind these stone changes.

This is speculation but it's pointing to " having to many buildings cluttering the map causing lag" 

the problem with this change is that you didn't offer offline protections like ships for example, without offline protection these changes are  crap, and you add an ingredient that alot of zones dont have "WTF" ?

1. Limit the amount of people in company

2. Limit the amount of company in an Alliance

3. Limit the amount of placed flags per Company " only the company leader can place flags "

4. Limit the amount of structure that can be placed inside the Flag zone ( for lawless zones that you cannot place flags , have them be NPC owned flags that you need to pay taxes if you build in those Zones, limit structures still applies within those zones)

5. Offline Raiding protection mechanism (  able to craft metal walls / gates to protect ships? )

6. Revamp the NPC system to a UI system instead of Whistle, it's so broken

we need a better way to stop the clutter on each server, and a better protection system for offline.

Puckle guns have been insanely buffed by making NPCs invulnerable. This is the ultimate offline player protection without breaking the PvP balance.

1 minute ago, TwistedEndz said:

This is speculation but it's pointing to " having to many buildings cluttering the map causing lag" 

the problem with this change is that you didn't offer offline protections like ships for example, without offline protection these changes are  crap, and you add an ingredient that alot of zones dont have "WTF" ?

3. Limit the amount of placed flags per Company " only the company leader can place flags "

4. Limit the amount of structure that can be placed inside the Flag zone ( for lawless zones that you cannot place flags , have them be NPC owned flags that you need to pay taxes if you build in those Zones, limit structures still applies within those zones)

5. Offline Raiding protection mechanism (  able to craft metal walls / gates to protect ships? )

we need a better way to stop the clutter on each server, and a better protection system for offline.

Sure clutter could be causing lag.  But it's not clutter by bases it's actually the dynamic movement of the ships(as they actually pointed out in dev stream).  If you want to experience this go to anywhere that has a ton of boats but very few bases.  

Now to what you've adviced

1. Does nothing people will still work together and live near eachother if that is what they want to do.

2. See 1.

3. See 1.

4. There is already  limit on structures within a render distance, limiting this further doesn't do anything but mean they have to optimize less to make the games performance better.

5. I 100% agree with offline raid protection, I'd argue metal reinforced over straight metal as far as walls go.

6.  Meh, I think a lot of these systems need a UI, I don't think they will add anything anytime soon.

Any limitations you can think of as far as people/claims/building have about an 80-90% chance of failing, if people want to live near eachother or own an island and work together whether you give them an option or not they will do so.

Now the buildings will just be made out of wood, the game still has to render them so it's no difference. Your idea doesn't make sense, no offense.

2 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

it wont protect VS ships destroying yours when your offline , they ships have crazy ranges the puckle is for players 

use cannons for ships. most of the time even having 8 cannons on a cannonade makes people think twice about attacking infrastructure. It's a lot harder to break stone than it is to break boats with cannons.

Can also use height advantage to counter the range of large cannons.

Edited by Bad News Bear

2 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

Now the buildings will just be made out of wood, the game still has to render them so it's no difference. Your idea doesn't make sense, no offense.

the idea was never because of wood or stone , they made changes witch like you just said makes no sense , the problem is IF they do this because of the clutter it causes on the servers then the way they did it sucks 

i dont think it helps anything especially small clans and no offline protection of any way . 

Edited by TwistedEndz

2 minutes ago, RogueLdr said:

I only suffer from server overload lag (too many players). Rendering things arent difficult, and I dont even have that good of a computer.

Pretty sure Atlas isn't meant to be played on a potato - devs shouldn't have to accommodate for players with garbage or outdated computers.

Edited by Bad News Bear

Just now, TwistedEndz said:

yeah this is deff speculation , ether way there move towards stone walls is stupid until they add a protection mechanism 

You have protection mechanisms,  Toss NPC's on a turret/mortar/puckle gun.  That is the "protection",  Not saying offline raid protection doesn't need to exist but they already have something in the game meant to help. 

I am sorry but from more than 5000 hours experience with ark, PVE and PVP, i must tell you that all of your ideas are not doing anything.
I have respect for you that you at least tried to be helpful tho.

16 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

Ppl would just make multiple Allianced Companies then.

Ppl would just make Multiple Alliances then.

Exploitable easily, leave comp, make new own comp, place 1 billion flags, merge with original comp, et voila.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Bullshit proposal.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Will never be implemented on officials, wasnt in Ark, wont be in Atlas.

Revamps... while in Early Access... sure... did you notice how long the TLC took em in Ark? And yes, it was already released when they revamped the creatures over there...

Edited by DNAofDeath

Just now, DNAofDeath said:

I am sorry but from more than 5000 hours experience with ark, PVE and PVP, i must tell you that all of your ideas are not doing anything.
I have respect for you that you at least tried to be helpful tho.

Ppl would just make multiple Allianced Companies then.

Ppl would just make Multiple Alliances then.

Exploitable easily, leave comp, make new own comp, place 1 billion flags, merge with original comp, et voila.

Bullshit proposal.

Will never be implemented on officials, wasnt in Ark, wont be in Atlas.

Revamps... while in Early Access... sure... did you notice how long the TLC took em in Ark? And yes, it was released when they revamped the creatures over there...

You quoted my quote of his quote.  Offline raiding was actually on ark and still is at least on some of the officials btw.

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Offline raiding was actually on ark and still is at least on some of the officials btw.

Its not, in case you meant "offline raiding protection", stop lying.

Edited by DNAofDeath

3 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

Its not, stop lying.

You can keep saying that.

Haven't checked to see if they still exist so you've got me there but they did in fact try it.  So fuck right off.

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You can keep saying that.

Haven't checked to see if they still exist so you've got me there but they did in fact try it.  So fuck right off.

They tried it on a tiny amount (3 servers, u seriously trolling right now, right?) of experimental servers, LOL... not much of an impact for the rest of the up to ~60k players who play ark right? Stop trolling already, please.

Edited by DNAofDeath

Just now, DNAofDeath said:

They tried it on a tiny amount of experimental servers, LOL... not much of an impact for the rest of the up to ~60k players who play ark right? Stop trolling already, please.

Not trolling just pointing out where you were wrong.  Not my fault you can't admit that you were wrong.

Just now, Vaenix said:

Not trolling just pointing out where you were wrong.  Not my fault you can't admit that you were wrong.

You posting shit that doesnt matter. Theres is no offline raiding protection on ark official servers, and there will never be in Atlas. Stay in your dream world matey. Over and out.

2 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

You posting shit that doesnt matter. Theres is no offline raiding protection on ark official servers, and there will never be in Atlas. Stay in your dream world matey. Over and out.

Guess I get to feed the troll some info.  OP suggested Offline raiding, I agreed with him while disagreeing with him on other things.  You proceeded to misquote me and start trying to talk shit.  I corrected you on that and the fact that Offline Raiding did in fact exist in some form in Ark.  Not a dream world, just reality that you can't seem to handle.   

Back to the actual topic instead of the trolls.

The entire reason behind this nerf is probably going to follow the same as why the wolf got nerfed into the ground.  Nothing to do with performance but rather some PvPers couldn't raid a base with what they had so Devs nerfed it and made it cost more.

who gives a flying fuck about ARK,  I want a fucking place to park my boat i want a fucking Shipyard in a FREE PORT to park my god dam ass boat that took me hours to get material for , i will pay gold if you can park my fucking boat , have the boat disappear from this god damn lagy ass server until i log back again , this fucking game is turning into FARMVILLE , i dont want to spend 90% gathering and 10% sailing because the fucking Chinese south park lookin mother fuckers comes out at night  when everyone else is sleepin and with no effort blows everything up.

"LETS MAKE ATLAS GREAT AGAIN"   let us build metal walls . WE need the walls .

Edited by TwistedEndz

28 minutes ago, TwistedEndz said:

who gives a flying fuck about ARK,  I want a fucking place to park my boat i want a fucking Shipyard in a FREE PORT to park my god dam ass boat that took me hours to get material for , i will pay gold if you can park my fucking boat , have the boat disappear from this god damn lagy ass server until i log back again , this fucking game is turning into FARMVILLE , i dont want to spend 90% gathering and 10% sailing because the fucking Chinese south park lookin mother fuckers comes out at night  when everyone else is sleepin and with no effort blows everything up.

"LETS MAKE ATLAS GREAT AGAIN"   let us build metal walls . WE need the walls .

The game is built using arks engine, you can not care all you like but that's the reason some shit causes more lag than others.  New stuff that hasn't ever been worked with in the engine like the boats are causing massive lag.  And shit like trying to fit massive amounts of players on servers that very clearly can't handle it, causes the massive lag.  Until we get further into EA Ark is essentially the foundation that we have to look at, as to why everything is the way it is.  There is a fuck ton of work needed still to get this where it needs to be for most people to consider it playable.  They've already got the small pieces to start adding features like that in the game, if they have no plans to add some kind of storage for tames/boats even if it is destroyable and placed by the player then the servers are going to be lag fests no matter what.

We recruit a good amount of new players.  This is generally how their gameplay goes :

Start playing, play as crew with us, enjoy it, get enthusiastic about game.

Ship we were using gets sunk in harbor by a sloop ramming it while we're sleeping.

They build their own ship.

Ship gets sunk in harbor by sloop with one cannon hitting it while we're sleeping.

They get discouraged.

They don't log in again.

Thanks devs!  You're killing your own game with a sharp knife.