Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

remove the fountain of youth PLEASE, RECONSIDER THE "Fountain Of Youth"/AGE System, IT HAS NO PLACE IN AN PVP MMO

I certainly hope that the devs reconsider the AGE system as it is currently.  It really has no place in an online PVP MMORPG as dying isn't entirely under our full control...server lag, players using exploits, crashes, buggy code, erratic and broken AI, getting stuck in the mesh, falling through the mesh, player ping deferential, desyncing, etc... Eating balanced meals and watching out for predators is one thing but why should we get punished for the kinds of deathly events that happen consistently and beyond our control? Also, why weren't we made aware that this was going to happen so we would have been more careful with our characters? 

The devs need a way to make this a beneficial choice and NOT a requirement. How about keeping the permanent bonuses for those brave and savvy enough to complete the quest but do not debuff others that choose not to go on this adventure?  How about NOT have an AGE but use our levels. When your level reaches 100, then you go on this quest? Your character would remain at 100 levels but you would still earn those permanent quest buffs.

The Fountain of Youth despawns way too fast to make it stable enough for the quest in the first place as it constantly despawns as many are trying to endure the quest in the first place generating a wild-goose-chase! Many players are reporting that they had to sail for about 4-8 hours trying to find and complete the Fountain of Youth quest. Screw that, I don't want to be forced to sail for 4-8 hours, sailing for only an hour is boring enough and an extreme waste of time, I certainly do not want to be forced to do it for 4-8 hours.

All this age system has generated is NOT a quest but instead, a series of ships parked off the coast of all of the possible islands and players randomly respawning to each of their ships to see if the Fountain of Youth is up on that island. There is NO quest here, just a crapload of boat clutter on several islands and a large grouping of players mindlessly running a gauntlet of zerg runs into the caves. At this point, I ask you Grapeshot, what is the freaking point for this silly quest?

This AGE system is utter bullcrap! I play video games for fun not for toil and punishment!

Think this AGE system is going to be fun? Check these videos out and decide for yourselves!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the moment yeah it sucks a bit but it's still early in development. 

I am not against the idea of your character getting old really.. having places like the fountain of youth will create PvP hot spots now and then we all know that's a good thing.

Problem is the zones they currently have them in suck.. the mobs there are just not balanced and 1 shot everyone and are very hard to kill 

So yeah the system has a lot of work.

1 hour ago, Caldrin said:

At the moment yeah it sucks a bit but it's still early in development. 

I am not against the idea of your character getting old really.. having places like the fountain of youth will create PvP hot spots now and then we all know that's a good thing.

Problem is the zones they currently have them in suck.. the mobs there are just not balanced and 1 shot everyone and are very hard to kill 

So yeah the system has a lot of work.

PVP you say? Wait until all of the biggest companies decide to build up barriers and defensive points effectively cutting all of the lesser companies from getting to the caves to complete the quests? This is not such a great idea at all.

I don't think the devs care about players who complain about the age / fountain of youth crap , if they do it would be already deactivate ,with all the players complaining about it .Hell think they care about " single me " . For me, it s simple , my character is 91 , if he die and i loose 1 month of hard work in this game . i will close the game, delete the game, maybe cry a little , and go back to ETS 2 and ATS .

Have a nice day 🙂

This is without a doubt the most rubbish system ever implemented for a "re spawn" in a game.. Server is lagging like crazy, fire elements 1 shots you, lions are running around killing everything that even moves.. It takes out all enjoyment of an otherwise enjoyable game.. Dev, this is not what we want.. find another way

Hell, I did the fountain the first day it came out and it was fine, laggy AF and difficult to get into the region, but fine to do the actual quest part of running in and getting the fountain.

Character ageing was advertised day one, many of the role play oriented people like the idea and it is tied in with having children etc. the FOY is just an option if you don't want the "hassle" of getting children.

Complaining about defensive points on an island where the mobs will utterly destroy ANYTHING left on the beach is futile. If they wanted to build stuff to stop that they would already be doing it to stop people getting power stones, they are in the same building. I'm sure they have evaluated it and come to the same conclusion that after the first week of shits and giggles, it's just not worth trying to barricade anything there.