Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Atlas numbers dropping fast!

56 minutes ago, Nari said:

I've seen this brought up a few times. The map might show copy/pasta islands but have you visited these copied islands? The topology is not the same.

I'm aware that there are variations to islands that look the same from the map view. But even looking at the map editor for dedicated server there are no where near 700 unique islands.

1 minute ago, arzosah said:

I'm aware that there are variations to islands that look the same from the map view. But even looking at the map editor for dedicated server there are no where near 700 unique islands.

I haven't bothered to count. 700 does seem a bit high but I've also seen "islands" with 5 trees and a rock. Max elevation 6 meters. Do they count? They have discoveriesĀ šŸ˜†

1 minute ago, Nari said:

I haven't bothered to count. 700 does seem a bit high but I've also seen "islands" with 5 trees and a rock. Max elevation 6 meters. Do they count? They have discoveriesĀ šŸ˜†

I will admit that I haven't seen every island on the official server, and it is possible that they have more variation that what is available through the editor.Ā  Each island in the editor has sublevels that as far as I know can be added/removed or moved aroundĀ to change the layout of the island.Ā  The most I've done it thrown islands on a local private server and use admin commands to fly around and look at different prebuilt island layouts.