Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Atlas numbers dropping fast!

this is almost like DayZ Standalone Early Access. dayz devs making many weird and useless changes for 5 years and 2018 they release the end (1.0) and the game was pretty much dead. its now slowly coming back to life because of MODS. the same will happen here(maybe). official atlas sucks ass but give the modders some time and it could be amazing. atlas devs cant do it, it was clear from day one

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I have made many post about changes that could fix this game and I also have made post that show facts the game is failing. If i was just making post saying how great the game is and that its thriving then I would be drinking on that kool aid and yall would be praising me...

but the truth as you see my dear lady, hurts!

The idea of praising you brings the movie Idiocracy to mind...

Here's the thing. You make post about changes YOU think could fix the game but you're not designing or developing the game. Everyone has ideas. Everyone has their own vision of what Atlas 1.0 will be and I assure you none of them are the same. This is their game. They get to do what ever they want with the funds they have and if that means not catering to the loud minority every other patch and focusing on their intended design then no amount of posts you make will change that. Is that inherently wrong? To not ignore but to simply take note of feedback? Because from the outside looking in they're taking notes. Plenty of things have already changed because the squeaky wheel got the grease. How far should they bend over backwards for you exactly instead of making the damn game.

• Thanks 1

I think they have done some good and some bad changes, unfortionaly the bad one is far worse than the good. 

Stone walls that actually let you keep youre base over night is now i possible to make for new people = No new people. 

People that already have settled will most likely leave when(not if) they get raided. Since they wouldnt be avle to make new stone structures. 

Submarines, fire spitting drakes, DINOS?!, gorgon and what not destroys the good feeling of a piracy game.

Why not stick with the start of release and keep in that direction. 

Fix exploits rather than adding new items to exploit with. 

I was reading here someone said they would leave if the Devs would Wipe the Servers .

I am 100% sure they will, specialy if they would implement something that is a major Game change ! Better be prepared for that cause other EA Games also made server wipes more than ones !

It is a normal process for Games in that stage

Most seems to forget that EA also means the Players are the Beta Testers for the Game !You mostly pay to Test a Game that is NOT in a final stage.

Many People will leave and some come back. It´s in all Games the same !

But sadly in todays Time the Gamers Community is mostly a Bunch of crying people for every single thing that maybe is not in there favour !I am sure many games did go wrong BECAUSE the Devs did listen to much to the Gamers.

It´s there Vision of the Game not the Gamers Vision !

All we can do is wait and see what happens over Time since the Game is 2 more Years in development Status ( EA)

And BTW Conan might not have so many players but a constant player Base and many still like it and i know many people that always come back to conan for a while and find new fun in it. so same will be with Atlas i am sure.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

this is almost like DayZ Standalone Early Access. dayz devs making many weird and useless changes for 5 years and 2018 they release the end (1.0) and the game was pretty much dead. its now slowly coming back to life because of MODS. the same will happen here(maybe). official atlas sucks ass but give the modders some time and it could be amazing. atlas devs cant do it, it was clear from day one

Yeah i agree only thing is... There was a big notice about grapeshot giving $500.000.00 to modders from Ark to help make Atlas and that was a god damn lie! 

Someone tried to justify the lie by saying they hired the Ragnarok modder but that person was all ready on the pay roll. This was clear its a cash grab and not a real project. I would bet they are working on another game that we have no idea of and will be posting that one up for sale in a year or so. This is how these people do business "Dark and Light"!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ellentro said:

Yeah, to be frank, the numbers aren't really what I'd consider even remotely debatable. The entire issue has so much nuance to it that we could debate the merits of various parts of them to death and both be almost entirely correct.

I'm simply disagreeing with the OP because he fundamentally misconstrues and cherrypicks statistics to show that his "DOOMSDAY" threads are right. He doesn't actually care about the game, he simply wants to bash it because he got wiped and wants to be able to win official PvP while being a solo player. 

The other factor in the STEAM charts that make them inaccurate to compare to the current system is Steam changed the way they track their data last year.    

This also made outside sources of tracking difficult.  

The last thing is was Ark only sold on Steam?  Or was it sold directly through their website too?  

While I love using Steam charts they are not 100% accurate, at best they are a good 70-75% accurate.  

I've stopped playing because of the change to Stone. I checked, it still requires paste. 

If the change is permanent, then my boycott is permanent. If people are REALLY SERIOUS about this change, then the only way the developers are going to get the message is with a BOYCOTT.

If everyone who hates the change stops playing, maybe they'll get their shit together. If it mat costs for stone don't revert, I'm done with the game.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mortavius said:

I've stopped playing because of the change to Stone. I checked, it still requires paste. 

If the change is permanent, then my boycott is permanent. If people are REALLY SERIOUS about this change, then the only way the developers are going to get the message is with a BOYCOTT.

If everyone who hates the change stops playing, maybe they'll get their shit together. If it mat costs for stone don't revert, I'm done with the game.

Read my post "Atlas vs Ark first 30 days"

• Confused 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:58 AM, Vaenix said:

Eventually they've gotta recognize these posts as spam right?

Pretty sure a mod just took down his latest 30day comparison thread so yes

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Nari said:

How is it spam when I have 500 hours into the game and I post issuse that need to change and number facts that back it up. 

You guys are class A haters and just want people to post how great things are... its like you want the game to fail 

• Like 1

1. All the land was taken.
2. Those that did get land have to grind out mats 24/7. This gets old. People just want to build.
3. PvP players are nearly impossible to retain.
4. Golden Ruins and the Fountain of Youth.
5. The guild system sucks. Everyone is soloing of in super small groups.
6. The only combat in this game is ranged. Melee is useless. This turns off a lot of players believe it or not.
7. No clear objective. 

These are the things I see around the internet and in discord. Streamers on launch day were their only real chance to make this game explode. Streamers have said it sucks. So it is written, so shall it be. Cause and effect.

Oh ya and the fact that you need metal and paste from hell to make something the stupid creatures wont destroy or glitch thru. That was a BIG one!

Edited by Stabby
  • Like 4

I really wish people would stop with the "its EA" bs. Look at Ark during its first month per steam charts. Ark launched in may of 2015 and rose to roughly 80k in its first month and kept those numbers for 3 months! Its ONLY been 1 month for Atlas and there has been a DECREASE by 50%! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, Nari said:

Typical, Removing topics that point out how shit this game is. I'm really starting to wonder how much you get paid for gargling their shit and denouncing everyones valid problems with this steaming pile of shit they call a game. you might be happy being treated like shit as a paying customer, the majority of us however are not.... Would you be happy ordering food, have them get your order completely wrong, then when you complain that your order isn't right. Some little moron comes along telling you oh it's OK this place is new... and then the staff just ignore you when you tell them its wrong..The whole EA excuse is no longer viable... EA is not an excuse to be a piece of shit developer that has no clue what they are doing. Neither is it an excuse to tell people to stop complaining about bullshit changes made for no reason what so ever. They do everything on a whim, ignore the feedback they get. and in another 2 moths they'll ditch Atlas and come out with "ARK But its in space!!" for its next cash grab... Seriously I wouldn't even work for this company if it meant getting a foot in the door of the games industry(a difficult industry to get into, how the fuck did these guys get into it anyway?).. I would rather work at McDonalds..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I also have to agree with the new Structure update the mats to make one foundation is completely ridiculous I could understand the Paste but Metal as well I mean that's 5 mats for structural Item which is little nuts I mean  15 Metal 15 paste 40 Stone 20 wood and 30 thatch now I could understand if the numbers were lower I mean think about trying to build a fairly nice size base your going to be working on it for every and if your on pvp OMG if you didn't have a base built by stone already I pity players trying to.   I mean another really bad change  that I can say I didn't like was the last nurf on fire arrows I mean come on there is no dmg now and it should be like it was but its a game that's in early access but who knows what it will be like in the end even if it last.     But I do expect them to do the same thing as ARK like when everyone bought into the game we were told we got the next expansion for free but you seen how that went its buy this one then we give you the next one which I found to be a joke.   Its just going to get worse if they don't start looking at the bigger picture of the game like the MINI Games why the hell do we need them I mean there is no explanation that can make that a Great Choice for a game I mean its a survival game and having these Mini Games just makes the game a little bit rere at no point do they make the game better that's my opinion.  We all are going to have opinions but its not going to matter because we are not the ones creating and we have no say in the changes that they are going to make so only thing we can do is play the game and deal with it even tho it gets to be a little be of a rinse repeat type of Bs

Edited by Gumbie

I was in a company of 40-50 people. Of that number 3 or 4 are left with any appetite to keep going after this past week... offline base-wiped in the middle of the night. Building changes mean it's minutes to destroy what took weeks to build... And now even harder to rebuild.
Im done. GG.
Yes you can have my stuff...

but you'll need to steal it from the mandarin-speaking gentleman currently wearing it all.

16 hours ago, Faicorf said:

Typical, Removing topics that point out how shit this game is. I'm really starting to wonder how much you get paid for gargling their shit and denouncing everyones valid problems with this steaming pile of shit they call a game. you might be happy being treated like shit as a paying customer, the majority of us however are not.... Would you be happy ordering food, have them get your order completely wrong, then when you complain that your order isn't right. Some little moron comes along telling you oh it's OK this place is new... and then the staff just ignore you when you tell them its wrong..The whole EA excuse is no longer viable... EA is not an excuse to be a piece of shit developer that has no clue what they are doing. Neither is it an excuse to tell people to stop complaining about bullshit changes made for no reason what so ever. They do everything on a whim, ignore the feedback they get. and in another 2 moths they'll ditch Atlas and come out with "ARK But its in space!!" for its next cash grab... Seriously I wouldn't even work for this company if it meant getting a foot in the door of the games industry(a difficult industry to get into, how the fuck did these guys get into it anyway?).. I would rather work at McDonalds..

It finally happened guys. I'm officially a shill. Can't wait to get my first hackusation in PvP!

Get real... he was spamming. It's against ToS.

I'd like to add that your purchase bought you no authority. It bought you the privilege to express your opinion throughout development. There is a difference.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 5:55 AM, Scorpionshawn said:

How is it spam when I have 500 hours into the game and I post issuse that need to change and number facts that back it up. 

You guys are class A haters and just want people to post how great things are... its like you want the game to fail 

You want the game to succeed? Could have fooled me. Do you not see how review bombing and spamming the same bs over and over is counterproductive to that goal? It's been a month. ONE MONTH. The only thing GS has done to merit this kind of toxic behavior is the changes to stone, and guess what, not everyone cares about a little metal and paste for stone. Some just wanted the costs reduced (I"ll remind you that it was by 55% and 25% respectively).

They're listening and taking notes of your feedback but you can continue to choose to ignore those facts if you want.

Edited by Nari

5 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

So still dropping or naw?

Yes. Look at steam charts website.

My guess is people will come back when they wipe the servers, they'll play for a while and quit again. This will likely be a pattern throughout early access.  The issue with land claims are going to be the biggest issue after launch since the system doesn't work well for new players coming in after the initial launch zerg.  Large scale games rely on people continuously joining over the life of the game, but this style of game doesn't lend itself well to that, especially in pvp.  ARK was able to get away with it because each server had a small population and whenever they would spin up new server people could all join at the same time and not be at a disadvantage for starting late(at least until they added transfers).  In the long run I think this game will end up relying on people that start smaller unofficial servers to play with smaller communities. 

2 minutes ago, arzosah said:

My guess is people will come back when they wipe the servers, they'll play for a while and quit again. This will likely be a pattern throughout early access.  The issue with land claims are going to be the biggest issue after launch since the system doesn't work well for new players coming in after the initial launch zerg.  Large scale games rely on people continuously joining over the life of the game, but this style of game doesn't lend itself well to that, especially in pvp.  ARK was able to get away with it because each server had a small population and whenever they would spin up new server people could all join at the same time and not be at a disadvantage for starting late(at least until they added transfers).  In the long run I think this game will end up relying on people that start smaller unofficial servers to play with smaller communities. 

They won't wipe an entire server, what they can do is simply change the claiming system like you said, making a lot of land available. Then you will have a standard community and all that can happen is more players coming in if they don't screw more things up with the patches. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

They won't wipe an entire server, what they can do is simply change the claiming system like you said, making a lot of land available. Then you will have a standard community and all that can happen is more players coming in if they don't screw more things up with the patches. 

My assumption with a server wipe would be if they added a large game changing patch at some point during EA that would reface islands to some degree.  They're adding the undersea trenches next month as well as caves to the polar region.  I don't think these thing will require a wipe as they will be placed in areas that don't have existing islands. but if they add new islands in place of old ones to add more variety(they said 700 unique islands) I could see that requiring a wipe. 

2 minutes ago, arzosah said:

My assumption with a server wipe would be if they added a large game changing patch at some point during EA that would reface islands to some degree.  They're adding the undersea trenches next month as well as caves to the polar region.  I don't think these thing will require a wipe as they will be placed in areas that don't have existing islands. but if they add new islands in place of old ones to add more variety(they said 700 unique islands) I could see that requiring a wipe. 

Yes it will, but that will probably be happening at launch, in 2 years. I'd prefer a standard 6 month wipe making the dev team work towards a wipe. Doing some major updates and patches, test them out and then wipe the server.

18 minutes ago, arzosah said:

(they said 700 unique islands)

I've seen this brought up a few times. The map might show copy/pasta islands but have you visited these copied islands? The topology is not the same.