Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Atlas numbers dropping fast!

5 minutes ago, tateybread said:

Well, if they add it, or it becomes intuitive to set up ourselves, then it's something I'd definately give a go

I think this could breathe new life into the game. And get returning players. Especially with the modding community cranking out new mods. The Devs could add a best SINGLE player mod category to their first mod contest.

1 minute ago, BlackFlint said:

Maybe before launch they do wipe, but for EA time wipe is a catastrophe. Most of my guildmates are still playing because they have base, ships and tames. A lot of work was done and no one wants to start over again.

If the devs truly do a land claim revamp, without a wipe there will not be a good way to know if the new system truly works. 

5 minutes ago, Lynx said:

I think this could breathe new life into the game. And get returning players. Especially with the modding community cranking out new mods. The Devs could add a best SINGLE player mod category to their first mod contest.

If the devs truly do a land claim revamp, without a wipe there will not be a good way to know if the new system truly works. 

Depends on the nature of the claim revamp.

That being said, the OP has been posting "The game is dying! Change it to cater to me and only me! I am the only solution! I am the only person who can save ATLAS!" threads every 4-6 hours for about a week now. Eventually people need to stop feeding his troll threads and let them rot, or the mods need to ban him. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion except reiterating the fact that, unless he can "Win" at the game, the game is going to die. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

Depends on the nature of the claim revamp.

That being said, the OP has been posting "The game is dying! Change it to cater to me and only me! I am the only solution! I am the only person who can save ATLAS!" threads every 4-6 hours for about a week now. Eventually people need to stop feeding his troll threads and let them rot, or the mods need to ban him. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion except reiterating the fact that, unless he can "Win" at the game, the game is going to die. 

Guess you didn't read "BTW people post concerns and complaints because they care enough to voice an oppion hoping that things will change... its the people that up and quit with out a word that could careless, chew on that!"

But hey trying to silence me makes sense for a SJW

• Like 1

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Guess you didn't read "BTW people post concerns and complaints because they care enough to voice an oppion hoping that things will change... its the people that up and quit with out a word that could careless, chew on that!"

But hey trying to silence me makes sense for a SJW

You aren't posting concerns or voicing any rational opinion. Your entire position boils down to "I got wiped, now I want a server wipe". You don't care about the state of the game, you just don't want the game to be a game where people can beat you. It's that simple. You want the devs to create a game state where you win, and everyone else loses, and all your threads are about moving the game in that direction.

This isn't about being an SJW, or anything of the sort. It's about you being a salty troll that wants the game to change instead of you learning how to play it. 

2 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

You aren't posting concerns or voicing any rational opinion. Your entire position boils down to "I got wiped, now I want a server wipe". You don't care about the state of the game, you just don't want the game to be a game where people can beat you. It's that simple. You want the devs to create a game state where you win, and everyone else loses, and all your threads are about moving the game in that direction.

This isn't about being an SJW, or anything of the sort. It's about you being a salty troll that wants the game to change instead of you learning how to play it. 

OP never said anything about a server wipe? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angrytango said:

OP never said anything about a server wipe? 

Go back and read the thread he posted 3 hours ago. Or the one he posted 5 hours ago. Or the one he posted 9 hours ago. 

They're all blurring together at this point to be honest. I wasn't kidding, he *actually* posts threads asking for server wipes and projecting doom on the game like every 4 hours. 

Edited by Ellentro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Not only can you not read! Your inserting shit I never said once and your wrong about a wipe rofl

also you want to shut me up huh? Funny how i never tell anyone to shut up but i also dont make up shit I post facts!

No one liked this age debuff, it had a direct impact on the number of players dropping.

Servers are experiencing many problems.

Edited by FatalCrazy

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Not only can you not read! Your inserting shit I never said once and your wrong about a wipe rofl

also you want to shut me up huh? Funny how i never tell anyone to shut up but i also dont make up shit I post facts!

Dude you posted about how the only way to save the game was a wipe three hours ago. I don't mind if you shut up or not, but you just spam troll threads saying the game is dying and the game needs a wipe. Like constantly. 

As for posting facts, you really don't. You just post random select opinions, espouse them as facts, and then make a new thread in four hours. I don't mind that, you know, you think the game needs to cater to you and the only four solo players, but you don't need a to post threads every four hours reiterating it with arguments based solely on unsupported opinions. 

Just now, Ellentro said:

Dude you posted about how the only way to save the game was a wipe three hours ago. I don't mind if you shut up or not, but you just spam troll threads saying the game is dying and the game needs a wipe. Like constantly. 

As for posting facts, you really don't. You just post random select opinions, espouse them as facts, and then make a new thread in four hours. I don't mind that, you know, you think the game needs to cater to you and the only four solo players, but you don't need a to post threads every four hours reiterating it with arguments based solely on unsupported opinions. 

You aren't going to get anywhere with this one.   Or anyone that seems to be following his threads and replying in agreement.  They seem to be of the belief "If you disagree you are a fanboy and should shut up".   I've tried but this is just another "cater to me" thread that offers nothing and should just be ignored by anyone actually wanting to make this game better.  Eventually when he's ignored enough he'll either finally cross the line and get banned or will stop posting these non stop doom seeking prophecies trying to convince people his way is the only way.

4 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You aren't going to get anywhere with this one.   Or anyone that seems to be following his threads and replying in agreement.  They seem to be of the belief "If you disagree you are a fanboy and should shut up".   I've tried but this is just another "cater to me" thread that offers nothing and should just be ignored by anyone actually wanting to make this game better.  Eventually when he's ignored enough he'll either finally cross the line and get banned or will stop posting these non stop doom seeking prophecies trying to convince people his way is the only way.

Honestly, I know I'm not going to get anywhere. He's a troll. Its just annoying that he somehow posts literally 15 threads a day saying the game is dying. 

Just now, Ellentro said:

Honestly, I know I'm not going to get anywhere. He's a troll. Its just annoying that he somehow posts literally 15 threads a day saying the game is dying. 

Trust me I know.  I see them pop up and usually try to ignore them.  There is nothing to be discussed it's always a "my way or the highway" mentality. 

Dropping numbers is good it saves  them having to sort out their sub par servers, 150 people per grid?????? E11 goes from 30ping with 4 people on it to 120ping with 16 I would hate to see the ping at 150 people.

The 5% performance patch today is absolutely great though Now I only rubber band 100 feet instead of 104 feet.

Edited by Implicitlee

well if they would kill off sleepers-afk-people not been on for week + , alot of land would open up , a side island from where we live now 80% are sleeping and i can place claim flag there but due to them sleeping inside and keeping them alive equals the land wont be available till they die , add in the fact the place is packed with ships docked making it near impossible to landfall , these ships have sustained nil damage as the place is a natural dock and tornados dont hit the place, sorry for the rant but alot would be fixed if there was a kill off after x days inactive , same goes for ships that is pristine and not even sailed a meter 😛

Wops also added not we need decay on houses and structures so people need to upkeep stuff 

Edited by Mahakmar

Here we go again. Thread number 20? Where he tells us we and WC are doing everything wrong. Is he evolving into the greatest atlas troll this world has ever seen? 

4 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

well if they would kill off sleepers-afk-people not been on for week + , alot of land would open up , a side island from where we live now 80% are sleeping and i can place claim flag there but due to them sleeping inside and keeping them alive equals the land wont be available till they die , add in the fact the place is packed with ships docked making it near impossible to landfall , these ships have sustained nil damage as the place is a natural dock and tornados dont hit the place, sorry for the rant but alot would be fixed if there was a kill off after x days inactive , same goes for ships that is pristine and not even sailed a meter 😛

Wops also added not we need decay on houses and structures so people need to upkeep stuff 

Timers need adjusting before we even talk about decay on things. 

3 days for claims and 4 days decay in lawless, please that's not even a long weekend for most let alone any real vacations.  Add in work to that where people can't just hop on all the damn time.  

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Here we go again. Thread number 20? Where he tells us we and WC are doing everything wrong. Is he evolving into the greatest atlas troll this world has ever seen? 

Eventually they've gotta recognize these posts as spam right?

Vaenix for smaller companies its a bother i would say aye, or solo/2-5 companies, but sleepers are blocking land where people not been on for 3 + days , and the instant if someone do log on after the 3 day + what ever they slept , they automatically gets 3 day protection

Its not a perfect system and we just have to hope they find a middle way , as for numbers ingame ofc its dropping the 2-3x events people hoarded and got what they needed to make then well its not a holiday anymore and people back to work , the thing that will get people back is a total wipe, but booy they got alot of stuff to fix before that should even be mentioned 

5 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

Vaenix for smaller companies its a bother i would say aye, or solo/2-5 companies, but sleepers are blocking land where people not been on for 3 + days , and the instant if someone do log on after the 3 day + what ever they slept , they automatically gets 3 day protection

Its not a perfect system and we just have to hope they find a middle way , as for numbers ingame ofc its dropping the 2-3x events people hoarded and got what they needed to make then well its not a holiday anymore and people back to work , the thing that will get people back is a total wipe, but booy they got alot of stuff to fix before that should even be mentioned 

I don't care if it is a bother.  If you really think everyone should lose everything they have because they had to log off and deal with real life for 3 days then you have some serious mental deficiencies to deal with.  This is a game and it is not meant to replace your real life.  Like I said, some people here would prefer everyone lose all their work in a game because real life had to take precedence for a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caldrin said:

It's normal for early access titles to lose a lot of players.

It will settle down to the people Woh are ok testing EA games and are enjoying the game.

People will come back for large updates and leave again after.

Nearly all EA games are like this.

Nope, not like this. This decrease is way more than what should be. I was even surprised by how much it has dropped. I was expecting these numbers not to happen until 3 months in not 1 month in

Seems the last patch was almost the last nail in the Atlas coffin, one more big playerbase drop and they are able to shut down the official servers like they want to and stop spending the money they stole from so many players.

• Like 1

Okay heres how I see Atlas currently(which is much different than I saw it before release). It is merely the Super Bowl Of Mega tribes. If you're on official and you're not a mega-tribe, then you're the cleveland browns and the commisioner(grapeshot) doesnt give a damn about you. Sure the patriots stomp all over you with their half inflated balls(though they could do it without exploits, annoyingly they just don't though lol) and theirs no chance for you to even make playoffs but again, comish doesn't give a damn about you.  If you want to be in the playoffs or to have your chance at winning the championship you can either join the patriots, or go play for the XFL or some other amateur league(Unofficial). The second one is what I do and its great, higher rates so less bs, and many unofficials have MASSIVE maps.
I truly dont think grapeshot intends fo rthis to be bigger or as big as Ark. Arks their baby. Ark 2 is for sure going to happen, and waiting too long would be unwise and they know this, guaranteed. So Atlas is..an intermission. The super bowl before the off-season (when Ark 2 begins taking shape). Hell, for all we know they could be half working on Ark 2 and spending the other half their time fiddling with atlas since most content and additions are reskins or things that are not time consuming. What're the Ark level designers doing this whole time? Not working on Atlas, thats for sure since it's Proc-Generated.

In a semi-related note, I think if they opened a second of each server type or IDEALLY just expanded the current map signifigantly(only after adjusting claim flag limitations), then things could change. When release happens we will get a second server and the current ones will become legacy though,  so thats an inevitable happening. 

Ark numbers on launch

June 2015 42,871.5 +42,866.2

+811697.24%

Atlas numbers on launch

Last 30 Days 30,724.7 -8,590.9 -21.85%

You can not defend this any longer with the "All EA have massive drops in players" There is 100% prof your all lairs

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:43 AM, Ellentro said:

Just do what I did, and add him to your ignore list... Him and his forum alt AngryTango.

7 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Ark numbers on launch

June 2015 42,871.5 +42,866.2

+811697.24%

Atlas numbers on launch

Last 30 Days 30,724.7 -8,590.9 -21.85%

You can not defend this any longer with the "All EA have massive drops in players" There is 100% prof your all lairs

You have no weight on comparison here. Totally different issues. The only thing that is weighted here is Same engine, somewhat same dev team, and maybe the same cheating hoes that where in ARK... otherwise nope not going to pass those numbers as the same weight.

3 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

You have no weight on comparison here. Totally different issues. The only thing that is weighted here is Same engine, somewhat same dev team, and maybe the same cheating hoes that where in ARK... otherwise nope not going to pass those numbers as the same weight.

Umm yeah its even worse than that because Atlas had a player base to draw from "Ark" 

Ark in 2015 did not and totally created its own... so my child yes Atlas is another Dark and Light and Ark well it was a far better start than this game!

• Like 1