Sign in to follow this  
UDO

when are devs going to look at the problem of sleepers contesting land they havnt logged into for weeks

as title 

they add stupid things all time yet they cant seem to get around to having logged out player contesting land that they havnt logged into for weeks , with the way the claims work even if one is overlapping it gets contested ,

i have been trying to take a claim that would allow me to access the beach as the previous claimers blocked of the beach along with other , only way to shipyard at beach is too climb over all time 

make the sleepers not contest flag claims , have to be logged in 

• Thanks 1

They don't. They got their hands full for the rest of the year, cleaning up the mess they created by not testing the changes they're making.

Within a week, the game will be abondoned faster then you can build a full armed galleon if nothing happens fast.

Wiping isnt the answer anymore. Putting players to work and let them test all the things first is the answer, not keep on ignoring them like ARK.

• Like 2

Works exactly how its intended. Break in and kill them and stop trying to ninja claim someones base without actually raiding it....

5 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Works exactly how its intended. Break in and kill them and stop trying to ninja claim someones base without actually raiding it....

He is probably talking about PvE servers.

or unofficial. just stop playing PvE in a game that is based on PvP. Risk vs Reward. There is no reward in PvE.

I disagree, sleepers should contest flag claims, but maybe for a certain length of time.

I play solo on PvE, if I go on a 14 day holiday then why should my land become claimable when i'm sleeping on it just because I chose to take 2 weeks holiday? So yeah maybe there should be a timeframe on it that is longer than an average holiday, but to say sleepers should not contest at all is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

What about pve oh wait you didn't think about that did you? 

5 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

or unofficial. just stop playing PvE in a game that is based on PvP. Risk vs Reward. There is no reward in PvE.

Theres no reward for you maybe, but its rewards pve player. If you where a pve player you would understand that.

Ohh, and you are wrong, the game is not pvp base, its pve base, why? You need to pve in order to pvp

I think is actually one of their better features. It helps prevent ninja offline base stealing. At least with this system you have to invest somewhat in materials and weapons into the raid in order to take their claim as opposed to just rocking up on a raft and standing their naked to grab someones base.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

I think its already implemented. We have two players in our company who didn' t logged in anymore for a long time. They sleep in our mainbuilding. But since patch 15 I can see, that they lose slowly HP. One player already died because he had already low HP.

Edited by Tenosch

2 minutes ago, Tenosch said:

I think its already implemented. We have two players in our company who didn' t logged in anymore for a long time. They sleep in our mainbuilding. But since patch 15 I can see, that they lose slowly HP. One player already died because he had already low HP.

Use medkit maybe.

At some point this will have to be addressed with people leaving the game. 

If their avatar remains in the game despite them having not logged in for months this could theoretically tie up pve land indefinitely. Naturally this is less of an issue on pvp. 

And rafts/ships that have sat for weeks abandoned but not claimable.

Massive lag issues for abandoned ships.

The claim ship thing simply does not work and has not for 3 weeks on my island.

8 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

What about pve oh wait you didn't think about that did you? 

What about playing a PvP game on the PvP settings. We all know PvE is just code for, can't hack it on the real game. Hand Holding. Risk Averse. Bitch.

This is a PvP game. If they ever balance it for PvE it will be an after thought.

Gotta have at least 3 days a sleeper can contest a claim.(PVE) No ones staying online 24/7 in small companies. As far someone not logging in for over a week, I agree. As for PVP no reason to change anything really since you have to be a zerg bot to contend and someone will always be on.

got killed by a bull in my house, on a second story, dunno how but it happened and got a friends claim iw as protecting stolen. was fun

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

What about playing a PvP game on the PvP settings. We all know PvE is just code for, can't hack it on the real game. Hand Holding. Risk Averse. Bitch.

This is a PvP game. If they ever balance it for PvE it will be an after thought.

Not sure why you guys act like playing PvP in this game somehow makes you hardcore.  It literally just means you have no actual life or prefer to offline raid people all day long.

Game shipped with PvP and PvE in mind, stop trying to belittle players or negate their opinion because you for some reason think you are better it's rather saddening.

As for despawning/killing players while offline for too long, perfectly ok with it as long as a reasonable timer is setup for this.  3 Days like the timer is for the claims is just not enough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wakko151 said:

Some people enjoy building in the sandbox without bullies tearing it all down and kicking sand in faces.

Why does everything have to have some sort of "reward"? Isn't playing reward enough?

Edited by Bowtie