Matricia

My ships dissapeared, even my allies next door ships while sleeping

Did something happened while everyone was sleeping? I heard about this new patch and started to read some topics that people posted in the last few hours.

I logged in today and two of my ships were gone, except the one incomplete  inside the port. I went to my neighbors next door and their ships also disappeared and they had a lot. The only remaining of my ship was two NPC floating in the ocean. The ships were really close to the shore. My neighbors*s too. And I don't think they sank it since  their incomplete ship  was also there. Apparently, I read that we had a system in version 8, I think, were cyclones couldn't sink ships near the shore. Look at my surprise when I read that in this new patch, cyclones are allowed to do that.  Ok,  looks fairs, however, my base is in the shore and the cyclones appear insanely close. If it weren't for my base I would be already dead many times. I think your version allowed cyclones to damage our ships too fast.  You shouldn't do that.  If you keep allowing stupid systems, this game will be empty fast. 

Sorry for the bad words, I feel frustrated. 

Edited by Matricia
  • Like 1

did you leave your ladder down?
people can sink ships using ladders make sure you put them up at night

1 hour ago, Daish said:

It’s been reported that anyone can whistle any ladder. If true, this would be both a baffling design choice/coding error and make putting ladders up pointless.

Also I don’t think the Op’s ships were sunk. She said they disappeared, as in vanished. If they were sunk there would still be wreckage, and given that she specifically mentioned they were very close to shore, that wreckage would be obvious.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

It’s been reported that anyone can whistle any ladder. If true, this would be both a baffling design choice/coding error and make putting ladders up pointless.

Also I don’t think the Op’s ships were sunk. She said they disappeared, as in vanished. If they were sunk there would still be wreckage, and given that she specifically mentioned they were very close to shore, that wreckage would be obvious.

I tested that actually on an allies boat and on a random boat, whisteling the ladder down does not seem to work so unless there is some exploit that people are using to make it seem like they are the owner of the boat(no idea how that would happen). 

If these are all owned by a company does the logs show anything about them being destroyed or removed from the company?  Unless someones running around with an admin command though I can't really see how this is possible.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I tested that actually on an allies boat and on a random boat, whisteling the ladder down does not seem to work so unless there is some exploit that people are using to make it seem like they are the owner of the boat(no idea how that would happen). 

If these are all owned by a company does the logs show anything about them being destroyed or removed from the company?  Unless someones running around with an admin command though I can't really see how this is possible.

Good to know. I also wish logs provided more detailed information about how a ship was sunk. 

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Good to know. I also wish logs provided more detailed information about how a ship was sunk. 

Personally I'd rather the log exist in a few new forms,  It seems rather silly that the log is only like 3-400 lines and demolishing any structures adds a new line to that.  

Categorize these things and put them in logs that can look further back than 30 minutes of demoing an old base.  But at least seeing removal gives us some idea of what happened.

Structures log - 24hr minimum 

Tame log - 24 hr minimum

Player log(leaving/joining) - 24 hr minimum

Could probably go on but it's just weird that if I build a taming pen that I plan to remove that I end up removing about 30% of the logs just by demoing it.

• Like 1

This actually brings up a good point. Someone attempting to inside a company could hide log evidence of what they did by simply building and destroying taming pens.

Edited by boomervoncannon

5 hours ago, Daish said:

No. I didnt. 

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes, they dissapeared.. There are no remains of destructed ships. 

The hull of a fully reclaimed ship doesn't last long IIRC.

Someone may have come by and sunk them with tornadoes (as tornadoes damage parked ship for some reason), salvaged them, and left.

Fuck knows we've managed to salvage multiple ships just off people arriving on our island in THEIR bases and not knowing this happens, then logging off.

2 minutes ago, gadefence said:

The hull of a fully reclaimed ship doesn't last long IIRC.

Someone may have come by and sunk them with tornadoes (as tornadoes damage parked ship for some reason), salvaged them, and left.

Fuck knows we've managed to salvage multiple ships just off people arriving on our island in THEIR bases and not knowing this happens, then logging off.

True but my experience with people who sink ships in order to salvage is they don't normally fully reclaim. Components which are heavy but common like wood or stone tend to be left behind.

19 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

True but my experience with people who sink ships in order to salvage is they don't normally fully reclaim. Components which are heavy but common like wood or stone tend to be left behind.

Most of the time your scavengers for storms are your friends and neighbour who notice someone dumb parked in a anchoring bay during a storm.

They're more likely to pick it clean.

Just now, gadefence said:

Most of the time your scavengers for storms are your friends and neighbour who notice someone dumb parked in a anchoring bay during a storm.

They're more likely to pick it clean.

Right, but OP said neighbors also had their ships disappear too...