Myndmelt Gaming

Bear Flew up into the sky and is now gone.

cheat TP B13 -88330 205406 451

NA PVE B13

My Bear Flew up into the air and out of distance. Cannot get it back, please help. 

Edited by Myndmelt Gaming
  • Like 3

Mine was doing same, usually from a ship, they do that popping every few seconds.
I was quick to whistle it follow me and got it back.

we lost a elephant to the same bug when transferring it to a ship poor nelly just flew again never to be seen again... sad times

Just lost a lion to the ship loading bug. Saw it go up then out of my sight. Looked around, whistled follow all, but about 30 seconds later it was dead. No body anywhere.

They really need to fix this. This is I think the 3rd tame that I've lost this same exact way. It is getting to where I won't want to transport any tame on a ship for fear it will end up dead. What a waste of my time. Not sure what good tames will be if all you can do is keep them on the same island you tamed them on for fear they will be killed when loading onto a boat.

Do not use the transfer to boat function, just have the tame follow you and it will teleport onto tbe boat itself. The glitch takes place when using the bost transfer function and it clips a boundary on a boat. If you cannot call it in time it will go up. Sometimes they die instantly, sometimes after a short period, or lime my rhino, it is still alive.

• Like 2

my bear just did the same thing, went through a sector wall hoping it would come back but what that did was time me out and i cant log back onto my boat, just keeps saying connection lost.

On 1/29/2019 at 6:08 AM, bluelance said:

Do not use the transfer to boat function, just have the tame follow you and it will teleport onto tbe boat itself. The glitch takes place when using the bost transfer function and it clips a boundary on a boat. If you cannot call it in time it will go up. Sometimes they die instantly, sometimes after a short period, or lime my rhino, it is still alive.

I didn't know this! Thanks for the info! :classic_love:

Just had this happen for the first time with my bear after using transfer to ship - it died in a matter of seconds, poor thing.

Do date i think we have lost numerous tames and countless crew npcs when sailing and especially crossing servers that just float off into nothingness. This is included but not limited to elephants, bears, parrots, ostriches, etc...they vanish off to the sky or just bounce away, never to return. This is after hours spent travelling to other islands with specific taming requirements and hours spent taming things to bring them back home. Why is something like this an issue in the first place. I even lost a parrot that was ON MY SHOULDER when we moved between servers and vanished. Please devs fix this as this is an absolute waste of time and resources. It really makes you not even want to travel with tames or go tame things in the first place.

We lost a bear the same way and the next day we stopped at an island to grab some resources and treasure hunt, it appeared out of nowhere and came bounding up to us like a lost puppy. Not seen the rhino yet, going to try having a look round the islands in the sector where it vanished in case it made it's way to the island somehow.

xD this is a game mechanic buddy, they learn to fly, and you can make them flyninjabears. Got a couple in our inventory now 😄

Lost two crew npcs today, one after the other. Did not use the transfer to ship function.
However, both starting bobbing up in the sky after dismissing them from manning the sails.

My bear started to rise up in the sky while on a sailing trip (no commands were issued) , but I managed to get it back with the whistle command.

Please, fix this bug ASAP! Right now hiring new crew is futile... and I'm cancelling all sailing trips for now - not in the mood to lose some precious pet!

• Thanks 1

Player on my server keeps getting this, too. Managed to rescue his elephant once but now it's gone awol (Aerial w/o Licence) again.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:35 PM, KittyKisses said:

I didn't know this! Thanks for the info! :classic_love:

Just had this happen for the first time with my bear after using transfer to ship - it died in a matter of seconds, poor thing.

I had exact same thing happen. Prob less than 30 secs my bear was dead and no where in sight

I wonder if this information is on the list of the issues to be fixed since there was no feedback?

Losing tamed animals is a very disappointing incident in this overall fascinating game.

Dear Devs please take care of that animal flying away and vanishing bug.

Another bear flew away. Will the developers do something with this problem, or wait until the last ones leave and write 30,000 negative reviews ??? How much can you ignore the problem in the game and introduce new problems without correcting the old ones?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I shot into the sky together with my Lion and was high up on the map falling down. I jumped off the mount before touch down and lucky we both survived this nice stunt.

Can you please fix this? :wheel:

Wish I had seen this sooner.

Transported my bear to boat, it just vanished, looked on all decks, on all walls, even in the rigging... no bear in sight.
Then I get a message stating my bear had died.
I was just ".....W T F....."
Max level bear, excellent melee, stamina & HP,  + full of mats I had spent a while collecting a few zones south.

Suffice to say, extremely unhappy about this situation.
If bear had died due to my own inability to keep it alive, then fine, but to die to some bullshit bug is just another nail in the coffin for me.
I'll continue for another week or so, but repeated nonsense like this is just going to make me quit.

• Thanks 1

It is time to eleminate these bugs that kill or vanish our tamed animals from the game :skull:

This game is great, but if we all just all waste time for tames that disappear, it kills the fun.

Please fix it, turn the whel around :wheel:

Had a similar thing happen, but when I hit the transfer to ship it sank under water instead of flying up. In about a minute the bear was dead. About an hour later the same thing happened to my tiger, but i swam down under water to it and tried to mount it, call it to follow and nothing it was stuck. I happened to realize the anchor was resting at the same depth and immediately swam up and raised anchor and the tiger quickly surfaced and appeared on my ship. So at least in that circunstance it had to do with the anchor.

Same  just happened.

It's obviously an issue.

Why not have a list of known bug displayed and a daily tweet and/or discord post acknowledging these and warning players?

Maybe...just maybe, the player-base would show less frustration for Grapeshot.

• Like 1

A few days ago friends and I were sailing and this happened to bears on deck as well as a sleeping crew member. We lost one bear to this, but thankfully were able to grapple the other bears and crew mate to retrieve them.