Sign in to follow this  
moerserman

Does the fountain of youth make sense?

So I can not die in this game, there are players who are already 150 years old.

Even yesterday I was 200 years old ...

What is the meaning of this well?

Makes no sense to me, reached 90, re rolled rejoined my company, back to business as usual without the debuff

• Like 2

These systems are not fully implemented yet. Right now its a means to reverse aging and removing the debuff but later it will be the only way, or one of the ways, to avoid Legacy and keep your toon.

Edit: Also, rejuvenation stacks each time you use the fountain 90+. Free stats 🙂

Edited by Nari

Myself and a couple people in my company went to the FoY today before the patch. We sailed down in 2 ramshackle sloops and parked among hundreds of boats offshore and just as many shipwrecks. There was a few big companies there and then lots of other random groups. There was 1 single pathway in with a spot you had to duck at part way in. There was a pit of cobras below the bridge which people kept luring into the path in so it was impossible to get in for the first few attempts, just kept dying to cobras. Died a few times to the stuff people were also luring to the door outside. After about 40 minutes of going in dying trying to clear it along with all the other tons of people some of whom were intentionally trolling I finally made it through, My first trip in I went right, right made it to the bridge and lagged hard and fell into the pool. Got teleported out. Ran in again and made it through next to death. Ran for the blue light and got the buff.

Took about 2 hours to start out at a freeport, build a ramshackle, switch the sail, get there (the lag made it a bit slow in the actual zone) and then get in. When we first got there it wasn't exactly clear where the location was. Some people kept saying climbing picks were useful so we spent time gathering for that only to realize they weren't even useful so we will probably save 20-30 minutes for next time.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock
  • Like 1

As said before, dumbest game mechanics if have seen in an MMO. Grapeshot should maybe rethinkt the position of the Lead-Game-Designer ... currently we have one shitstorm following the other ...

1 hour ago, Nari said:

These systems are not fully implemented yet. Right now its a means to reverse aging and removing the debuff but later it will be the only way, or one of the ways, to avoid Legacy and keep your toon.

Edit: Also, rejuvenation stacks each time you use the fountain 90+. Free stats 🙂

I am familiar with the workings if the fountain but deemed it not worthwhile for me as I have a relatively limited amount  of time to devote to the game and the trade off of better stats against enjoyment of my game time didn't make it a worthwhile endeavour for me at that time. 

Conceivably in the future I might reevaluate the trade off but at present the mechanic is something that is irrelevant to me

Its a pointless PVE mechanic that adds little to the game except waste peoples time when they could be doing other activities like slaughtering each other and raiding.

How many 90-year-olds do you know that could honestly run through a cave, jump over and dodge critters, and fight giant cyclops? Sounds like Geriatric Olympics to me and a lot of broken hips! No, the AGE system absolutely has no place in this game. Check this thread out and see why:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Its a pointless PVE mechanic that adds little to the game except waste peoples time when they could be doing other activities like slaughtering each other and raiding.

Free stats in PvP seem pretty useful if you ask me. Considering they accumulate and are not negligible i don't see how this is the case even in its current state.