Sign in to follow this  
Daish

trying to balance in a dying game instead of focusing on bugs will kill this game

if you attempt to balance a dying game you will just push more people out of a dying game unless your goal is to kill the game close it down then relaunch it a few years later this should stop right now 

the only balance changes that should be added into a dying game is to make things easier / more enjoyable 

i am Daish and i have seen this happen many times before 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Daish said:

if you attempt to balance a dying game you will just push more people out of a dying game unless your goal is to kill the game close it down then relaunch it a few years later this should stop right now 

the only balance changes that should be added into a dying game is to make things easier / more enjoyable 

I highly disagree. I have been oppose to every detail that makes this game easier. (Except for ridiculous stuff like the SoTD spam). We don’t need to forget that this is an MMO and I don’t want to complete a MMO the easy way, that’s just boring. And for the record, this game isn’t dying. This was bound to happen and it did. And no, if they take the game down and release it years later god knows what the hell will happen to this game. Atleast now there’s a say. If they did the same with ARK, it would’ve been a screwed game - just like it would with this one. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daish said:

unless your goal is to kill the game close it down then relaunch it a few years later this should stop right now 

Hate to break it to you but yea. That's the official plan. 2 years of EA development followed by official release. You should read fine print more.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Daish said:

You realize that different teams work on different things? The balance changes are easy and just adjusting numbers, exploits and bugs, are much more difficult and time consuming. It is like asking an asset artist to stop making new designs for the objects in the game and telling him to focus on bug fixing, a field he has no ability in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

I highly disagree. I have been oppose to every detail that makes this game easier. (Except for ridiculous stuff like the SoTD spam). We don’t need to forget that this is an MMO and I don’t want to complete a MMO the easy way, that’s just boring. And for the record, this game isn’t dying. This was bound to happen and it did. And no, if they take the game down and release it years later god knows what the hell will happen to this game. Atleast now there’s a say. If they did the same with ARK, it would’ve been a screwed game - just like it would with this one. 

this is basic content that will constantly need to be destroyed and rebuilt this is nothing to do with end game content 

Just now, Daish said:

this is basic content that will constantly need to be destroyed and rebuilt this is nothing to do with end game content 

Sure it has. If you want it easy, go play unofficial. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The issue is not wanting it easy. The issue is not wanting it dumb.

The FoY debuff is dumb design. Fog + Cyclone + SoTD making the selling point of the game, sailing pirate ships, a hassle is dumb design.

And now making a basic block of the game, stone walls, require one of the games rarest mats (organic paste) is dumb design. Again, not because it is hard, but because what, maybe 20% of the islands in the game have the mats for organic paste available to them. 

It just gives the players more arbitrary hassles to overcome.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

The issue is not wanting it easy. The issue is not wanting it dumb.

The FoY debuff is dumb design. Fog + Cyclone + SoTD making the selling point of the game, sailing pirate ships, a hassle is dumb design.

And now making a basic block of the game, stone walls, require one of the games rarest mats (organic paste) is dumb design. Again, not because it is hard, but because what, maybe 20% of the islands in the game have the mats for organic paste available to them. 

It just gives the players more arbitrary hassles to overcome.

I’m not saying the issue is wanting it easy. I’m saying it is not the solution. 

12 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

The FoY debuff is dumb design.

I'm curious what you think of Rejuvenation then. Especially since the old age debuff was just nerfed by 50%.

9 hours ago, Percieval said:

EVERY time they make a change like this people will quit 

do you want a dead game? 

Edited by Daish

8 minutes ago, Daish said:

EVERY time they make a chance like this people will quit 

do you want a dead game? 

And come back. I don’t want a dead game, but that won’t happen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

They also said Conan wasn't dying same with Dark and Light rofl drink that cool aid!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

And... by making the game harder, people can't test EA and see what's good or bad for the game. I don't have access to most skills. On any other MMO, that's fine, I can make a new character that is a tank, or healer, a crafter, etc....you can't here. I too want a challenge, But I don't won't the challenge to be  if I'm gonna decide to play today or not...heh

You create the challenge with new content, not by nerfing.….they don't seem to get that, and neither do you I suspect or you'd not be defending 

It's funny, Ark you had access to most stuff (cept for that time they made skills to expensive and changed it pretty quickly) Ark, you could hit end game pretty easily. But a lot of people stayed anyway, because it was fun. All they had to do was wait out new content. But, I digress. They also made a lot of piss poor decisions that capped their game pop growth. 

16 minutes ago, noquarter said:

And... by making the game harder, people can't test EA and see what's good or bad for the game. I don't have access to most skills. On any other MMO, that's fine, I can make a new character that is a tank, or healer, a crafter, etc....you can't here. I too want a challenge, But I don't won't the challenge to be  if I'm gonna decide to play today or not...heh

You create the challenge with new content, not by nerfing.….they don't seem to get that, and neither do you I suspect or you'd not be defending 

It's funny, Ark you had access to most stuff (cept for that time they made skills to expensive and changed it pretty quickly) Ark, you could hit end game pretty easily. But a lot of people stayed anyway, because it was fun. All they had to do was wait out new content. But, I digress. They also made a lot of piss poor decisions that capped their game pop growth. 

And now they made a game more focused on groups. You can still do everything and learn every skill, you just need to do something about it now. And no, I want the game handed to me as it will be, not a simpler version that becomes harder when the game launches. 

6 hours ago, noquarter said:

And... by making the game harder, people can't test EA and see what's good or bad for the game.

Depends how you define test. They could give us access to spawn commands and all skills then wipe later if the point was to break the game so they could fix it but its not. Just like ARK the point is to let things play out naturally by design and monitor feedback. There is no one way to develop games. They have chosen the rapid fire iteration approach and that's their decision to make.

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

And now they made a game more focused on groups. You can still do everything and learn every skill, you just need to do something about it now. And no, I want the game handed to me as it will be, not a simpler version that becomes harder when the game launches. 

the game has already launched we are paying customers they had a count down timer and release dates 

they went out of their way to call it a release and avoid labelling it a beta so they could deny refunds 

they seem to be doing everything possible to kill this game there is no chance of growth even if they fix it if the reputation ends up in the shitter 

47 minutes ago, Daish said:

the game has already launched we are paying customers they had a count down timer and release dates 

they went out of their way to call it a release and avoid labelling it a beta so they could deny refunds 

they seem to be doing everything possible to kill this game there is no chance of growth even if they fix it if the reputation ends up in the shitter 

The game is in early access. The official launch is in 2 years. Man I thought we had it with the trolls but they keep coming. 

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The game is in early access. The official launch is in 2 years. Man I thought we had it with the trolls but they keep coming. 

For someone who likes the game so much and defends it so heavily u do spend alot of time on the forums now do u?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nari said:

Hate to break it to you but yea. That's the official plan. 2 years of EA development followed by official release. You should read fine print more.

Killing the game is not part of the EA process... What planet are you living on... The whole point of the EA is to listen to your playerbase to help make the game better, not completely ignore them and do what they think is best...

1 minute ago, Faicorf said:

Killing the game is not part of the EA process... What planet are you living on... The whole point of the EA is to listen to your playerbase to help make the game better, not completely ignore them and do what they think is best...

You're too literal mate.

1 hour ago, Daish said:

there is no chance of growth even if they fix it if the reputation ends up in the shitter

exactly, this is the long-term consequence of grapeshot's decision-making. you can just look at the sub numbers on reddit, they've barely moved since week 2. the gaming community at large knows atlas is a joke and that's not a hole grapeshot is going to be able to dig itself out of

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nari said:

You're too literal mate.

Well some people have to be when there are people like you running around claiming there is fuck all wrong with how this game is being developed. I understand wanting to back a game you want to do well, but you are just completely naive.

6 minutes ago, strawman said:

exactly, this is the long-term consequence of grapeshot's decision-making. you can just look at the sub numbers on reddit, they've barely moved since week 2. the gaming community at large knows atlas is a joke and that's not a hole grapeshot is going to be able to dig itself out of

Not to mention it has been named "the worst video game launch in history"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

For someone who likes the game so much and defends it so heavily u do spend alot of time on the forums now do u?

Defend it so heavily, funny. Kind of done with people saying that since I have made my concerns about many aspects, just like the stone structures right now. I’m not sure what you’re getting at but do it with a bit more trying. 

Edited by Percieval

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Defend it so heavily, funny. Kind of done with people saying that since I have made my concerns about many aspects, just like the stone structures right now. I’m not sure what you’re getting at but do it with a bit more trying. 

Your most recent posts are nothing but defending the game and debunking whatever someone complains about, even in the stone resources stuff topic u are bragging about how u could still make stuff without it using your 500 metal and 1000 organic paste. And saying to people that u were expecting this kind of changes to happen cuz they did them to Ark so u are ok with it. You have your head up your ass mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Your most recent posts are nothing but defending the game and debunking whatever someone complains about, even in the stone resources stuff topic u are bragging about how u could still make stuff without it using your 500 metal and 1000 organic paste. And saying to people that u were expecting this kind of changes to happen cuz they did them to Ark so u are ok with it. You have your head up your ass mate.

I’m okay with it? I think the first thing I posted was ‘is this serious?’. I’ve told about my bug to ask if people had the others. Next time I’ll say 50 metal and 100 paste to not hurt your feelings. You’re not getting anywhere with this.