Sign in to follow this  
Bonedancer

Character Stuck, Unable to Progress. PLEASE READ

@Jatheish Bro, If you could please take a couple of minutes to read this, you'd clearly see that my situation is pertinent and game-breaking for me. The patch where everyone lost 2-4 levels a couple weeks ago? I lost 26 levels. I went from 52 to 26, lost all my hair, got teleported to a freeport naked and weighted down, lost all my discoveries including regional as well. Put in a support ticket and was basically told, "thanks for sailing the Atlas." Well fine, I chalked it up as EA and moved on. However, now that I've grinded my character back to level 48 from 26, I'M STUCK and can't progress. Why? Because my XP is CAPPED, my max level is 55, yet I can't progress past level 48 due to a conflict in XP Cap with my character. I'm not asking for anything here, just that my character gets fixed and leveled according to my XP. That's the only way that I can see it debugging whatever happened. Notice the picture I'm posting and it speaks for itself. I currently have an open ticket, I've been stuck at 48 for 6 days now and can't get ahold of anyone. I know you guys are busy and I'm not trying to deter your attention from important things, but this is game-breaking. I now have over 600 hours in this game, my FOY done, RE discovered 100 discoveries and I'm at a dead-end. I've not been able to respec since the level 26 bug I had either. I've been stuck and trying to roll with the punches of EA, but this, I can't get around. I'm begging you to please look at this and help me fix my character. 😞

In Game Name: Bone Dancer

Company: The Federation

2i9igpz.jpg

Edited by Bonedancer
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

i lost 2 levels sucks getting stuck in the mountains unable to kill my self felt like i was playing archeage again locked up for 5 hours to die hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richter Sterling said:

So, is there any reply from the devs on this? I'd love to hear the explanation or the fix. Also, this last patch ruined everything. I can't log in at all. 

Sorry to hear man. Few of our guys are having the same issue. 

• Like 1

Haven't seen this happen to anyone so far and we had quite a few people lose some levels(some more than others) due to this change.  Not sure what all you've tried but the xp bar other than being empty looks like you should be able to progress.

XP: 19620.6 / 38193 (this is a huge gap which seems really weird to me)

Are you actually gaining xp by doing anything? 

I haven't paid much attention to my xp bar other than how full it was(quarter/half/three quarters) so I don't know what is actually a reasonable gap in xp, but something about those numbers really don't match up, needing almost double the xp you are currently at for one level.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Haven't seen this happen to anyone so far and we had quite a few people lose some levels(some more than others) due to this change.  Not sure what all you've tried but the xp bar other than being empty looks like you should be able to progress.

I haven't paid much attention to my xp bar other than how full it was(quarter/half/three quarters) so I don't know what is actually a reasonable gap in xp, but something about those numbers really don't match up, needing almost double the xp you are currently at for one level.

XP is probably a logarithmic progression.  This is very common in RPGs and goes back at least to original Pen & Paper D&D.

Of course in D&D you also have a difficulty progression as well, so higher difficulty tasks result in more XP awarded.  I haven't experienced enough Atlas to know if that's the case here.

1 minute ago, Hambo said:

XP is probably a logarithmic progression.  This is very common in RPGs and goes back at least to original Pen & Paper D&D.

Of course in D&D you also have a difficulty progression as well, so higher difficulty tasks result in more XP awarded.  I haven't experienced enough Atlas to know if that's the case here.

Yeah but double the current xp for each level, that sounds really weird all things considered.   Atlas does reward more xp for more difficult things(although I don't know if that translates to more xp for higher level kills).  If he were to get in on a high tier treasure hunt at 48 he could probably get at least 1 level or most of the way through the 1 level(provided his xp is not in fact locked  which it seriously seems to be).

38 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

XP gains are constant, slow increments. As though I'm just being online. Regardless if I kill an Alpha or do a map, it doesn't move other than the incremental climb while online. Yes very strange and at this point, I'm totally lost at what to do. I've begged for help, sent in tickets and nothing I do seems to get me anywhere. Just not sure how this isn't important enough for someone there to look at. 😞

28 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Yeah but double the current xp for each level, that sounds really weird all things considered.   Atlas does reward more xp for more difficult things(although I don't know if that translates to more xp for higher level kills).  If he were to get in on a high tier treasure hunt at 48 he could probably get at least 1 level or most of the way through the 1 level(provided his xp is not in fact locked  which it seriously seems to be).

I've done 2 journeyman treasures over the past now 7 days, made over 100 discoveries to try and at least trick it to allow me to get to level 49, nothing works, it doesn't move. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bonedancer said:

XP gains are constant, slow increments. As though I'm just being online. Regardless if I kill an Alpha or do a map, it doesn't move other than the incremental climb while online. Yes very strange and at this point, I'm totally lost at what to do. I've begged for help, sent in tickets and nothing I do seems to get me anywhere. Just not sure how this isn't important enough for someone there to look at. 😞

Ok so you are still gaining xp, it's just extremely disproportionate to what is needed.  It has been a long time since I was level 48 so I'll have to see if someone in the company is closer, I know there was one level that seemed like more of a grind but I'm in a company of 26 so we are constantly doing shit to level.  Level 54 to 55 nearly 56 was about 17 maps common/fine quality.  Anything other than maps or alphas just doesn't add enough xp to be worth doing.  I wish I could say I had a solution for you but if they aren't responding you may have to try to grind it out.  It sounds like there are a few possibilities.

You are bugged and stuck in some weird glitchy out of proportion xp table.

The xp table is extremely bugged and that level is oddly out of proportion with the rest

The xp table is fine and it's just super fucking grindy

14 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Ok so you are still gaining xp, it's just extremely disproportionate to what is needed.  It has been a long time since I was level 48 so I'll have to see if someone in the company is closer, I know there was one level that seemed like more of a grind but I'm in a company of 26 so we are constantly doing shit to level.  Level 54 to 55 nearly 56 was about 17 maps common/fine quality.  Anything other than maps or alphas just doesn't add enough xp to be worth doing.  I wish I could say I had a solution for you but if they aren't responding you may have to try to grind it out.  It sounds like there are a few possibilities.

You are bugged and stuck in some weird glitchy out of proportion xp table.

The xp table is extremely bugged and that level is oddly out of proportion with the rest

The xp table is fine and it's just super fucking grindy

Exactly, well I did figure it out the other day and updated my ticket. When my character got bugged the day prior to the patch. It took away my discoveries, hair et cetera. The following day the "rebalance" of skill points occurred. The rebalance must have not went by capped XP, but by levels vs skill points only, which negated the capped XP, which is why my XP is so disproportionate to my level. So, all they would need to do is calculate whatever my "true" level should be and fix it.  

This needs to be looked into man that's a pretty intense bug. If they logged on your char within 5mins they'd probably be like well holy shit...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omnistorm860 said:

This needs to be looked into man that's a pretty intense bug. If they logged on your char within 5mins they'd probably be like well holy shit...

I honestly can't believe they have time to spawn into the game and watch mass pvp, but don't have 5 minutes to help me fix an obviously game-breaking bug for my character. I just can't believe it. 

• Like 1

I know this is not what you want to hear.  But can you delete?  We had guys delete and start over just to get easy respec's we had them leveled back in one night of light play.  It would solve your problems and get you back on track with the other characters albeit slightly behind the curve but not much if you pull the trigger now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elric Melnibone said:

I know this is not what you want to hear.  But can you delete?  We had guys delete and start over just to get easy respec's we had them leveled back in one night of light play.  It would solve your problems and get you back on track with the other characters albeit slightly behind the curve but not much if you pull the trigger now.

Of course I could delete. The problem I have with that is the fact that this doesn't seem important enough to look into. We've had this happen to 1 other company member just in my company and another in an alliance'd company. Both of them quit, along with 3 of our other members because they were friends. Not sure how many quit in the alliance'd company but that's not the point. How can they ignore such a game-breaking issue? Let's say I did delete and start over. What happens the next time? What happens if it's something else? It's the being ignored on such a game-breaking issue that's honestly got me wanting to call it quits and wait until official launch. To lose 600+ hours of game play in itself is disheartening, but to lose it knowing that at any moment it could happen again is demoralizing. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

Of course I could delete. The problem I have with that is the fact that this doesn't seem important enough to look into. We've had this happen to 1 other company member just in my company and another in an alliance'd company. Both of them quit, along with 3 of our other members because they were friends. Not sure how many quit in the alliance'd company but that's not the point. How can they ignore such a game-breaking issue? Let's say I did delete and start over. What happens the next time? What happens if it's something else? It's the being ignored on such a game-breaking issue that's honestly got me wanting to call it quits and wait until official launch. To lose 600+ hours of game play in itself is disheartening, but to lose it knowing that at any moment it could happen again is demoralizing. 

I understand completely.  My 15+ company was completely kicked out of our company from a bug.  Our lands were in the hands of no one and the old guild name.  We had to sail rafts back to the island and take back every flag and structure (killing old sleepers that would never wake) under a completely new company.  There was no way to get help from the developers and they do not care.  I should note CTSG a 400+ company had an GM show up and help them with the same bug.

The only reason I am responding to your post is I think you will be short and long term better off deleting and moving on to have more fun down the road with the game.  Feet dragging and lamenting over poor customer support that will never come will do you no good as they are not listening and they do not care.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elric Melnibone said:

I understand completely.  My 15+ company was completely kicked out of our company from a bug.  Our lands were in the hands of no one and the old guild name.  We had to sail rafts back to the island and take back every flag and structure (killing old sleepers that would never wake) under a completely new company.  There was no way to get help from the developers and they do not care.  I should note CTSG a 400+ company had an GM show up and help them with the same bug.

The only reason I am responding to your post is I think you will be short and long term better off deleting and moving on to have more fun down the road with the game.  Feet dragging and lamenting over poor customer support that will never come will do you no good as they are not listening and they do not care.

Yeah, I've seen the devs teleport in during raids, just because a streamer (won't name him) cried "hacker." Yet they don't have 5 minutes time for us non-streamer peasants with legitimate issues. I guess they think streamers are everything, but they're already down to less than 50% of combined server population already. I imagine with poor customer service representation and bias to streamers that number will only diminish. For the record, I'm not feet-dragging. I'm probably throwing in the towel on this game until launch, depending on how they handle my next ticket. I wish you all happy sailing and I still have a positive outlook for this game's future. 

This is very concerning.   The lack of Customer service in this game is atrocious. I have lost many levels due to roll back and items.  I have lost ships out to sea when the server maintenance and/or the game  hiccups and puts us out of game. I have been on a ship and got booted off.  With many Masterwork patterns.  I log on to find myself dead at sea with  no boat around only to start over at newb town .  Once I built a new ship and put a bed on it I still could not fast  travel to the boat I was just on with all my stuff.  i had gather 20+ crates and found Journeyman and Master recipes to loose them and my ship.  I never had a chance to sail back to a city to get crew so my bed would stay working.  After a week and a half I went o a small island with nothing and started over.  I could not dare try to leave until I joined a company. I refuse to make a boat with all the game errors only to loose all of it.  I will help my teammates with tiers.  

@@@@ ITS RIDICULOUS !!!!   Customer NO Service will not address these issues and fix them. The level cap errors &  level suppression   need to stop and be rectified. 

Edited by Dooya Luvme
  • Like 1