Sign in to follow this  
Adfax

V15.61 Just made the game significantly worse

Lets start with the FOY.

So now you can only use the fountain after you're 90. Meaning you have to do it with the debuff. They nerfed the debuff, but as everyone already knows : THAT WAS NEVER THE MAIN ISSUE WITH FOY.

Do you even read your forums? Let me list where the change fails :

1. You can't get the fountain of youth exclusively for cosmetic reasons. 

Now you have to look old and fugly, where as before, you had the option to reset it at your convenience.

2. No changes were made to the FOY run

So you still have to run through all the enemies, but now you have no choice but to run it with a debuff.. Great design. I mean, have you seen all the complaints by people explaining how retarded the FOY is.. You'd think losing a significant portion of your player base would enlighten you to this, but no, I guess not.

STOP TRYING TO CROWBAR THIS AGE MECHANIC INTO YOUR GAME, THERE WAS ALREADY A POLL, 4/5 people voted to have it removed from the game. Get rid of it! 

=========

Next up : Invulnerable NPCs on puckles

So they make this change in tandem with nerfing stone structures significantly; and what they're attempting to emulate is turrets from ark. 

This game does NOT need turrets. You're just going to make mega companies unraidable if you do that. Allowing them to dominate more and more, when what you should actually be doing is looking for ways for smaller tribes to compete. Turrets are arguably the worst addition to ark for anyone with a keen enough mind to see why. 

Do not translate this over from ark. 

Why is it you must take over the worst from ark, and then not take over the good stuff, like NO AGE MECHANIC.

==========

The nerfing of stone walls

I already covered this one a bit in the the point regarding the puckle NPCs. But stone is already extremely easy to break, and siege stuff is really easy to make.. This change is tragic... We're basically going to be living in paper mache houses..I mean, what is even the point of having stone structures if they're basically defenseless without retardo puckle spam?? So basically, puckles are all anyone needs now.. Just like ark.. Completely ruining the game.

Could you just hire me to make your game for you, because you clearly don't have a clue; i'd even work for free.. I just hate seeing this potential squandered via this utter stupidity.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This changes to stone structures and invincible NPC's on puckle are the two worst patch notes I have seen in this entire game so far.   This is a disaster and the devs should be embarrassed and ashamed for how ignorant they are by making this change.   Are they out of touch this bad?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aesorn said:

This changes to stone structures and invincible NPC's on puckle are the two worst patch notes I have seen in this entire game so far.   This is a disaster and the devs should be embarrassed and ashamed for how ignorant they are by making this change.   Are they out of touch this bad?

Worse than FOY? ...Impossible.. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Adfax said:

Worse than FOY? ...Impossible.. 

Considering It took me 5 mins to spawn on a company bed(im in a pretty small company) and get the FoY then had to do it AGAIN after the huge rollback which also only took another 5 mins then yeah it is..... If you couldn't find the FoY with the tons of other companys then maybe you should consider how incompetent you are as a human before complaining about something kid.   

• Like 1

Everyone complaining about FoY and the debuff and only good for cosmetics.  YOU are the issue.  When you FoY effect you will get a perma Stat Buff and this is repeatable every time your able to re-fountain, its a way to keep endgamers havin something to keep them playing. man read more patch notes TY

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreddingo said:

Everyone complaining about FoY and the debuff and only good for cosmetics.  YOU are the issue.  When you FoY effect you will get a perma Stat Buff and this is repeatable every time your able to re-fountain, its a way to keep endgamers havin something to keep them playing. man read more patch notes TY

You! I like you! You smart! :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreddingo said:

No, YOU are the issue. 

Tell me, what does the FOY and the age mechanic bring to the game; name me something. 

It doesn't bring the player something they want to do; it holds their character hostage and forces a quest on them, or live with a debuff.

Second; "endgamers" ? You can get to 90 before even having a high level. It doesn't keep endgamers playing. It just annoys people when they realize they have to waste time doing something they don't want to do, as opposed to doing something they don't want to do. It doesn't keep people playing, it causes them to quit.

The age mechanic is essentially the vitamin system, except 100x worse, because it takes significantly more time to deal with, and the punishment for not doing so is more permanent.

Even if you were to say it makes the game more immersive, you'd be wrong there as well, because you age so fast It isn't even realistic. Also, how is it immersive to become your child? Like, in real life, when you die, you don't become your child; how is that immersive? It isn't. 

The whole mechanic fails on every front, and shortsighted people like you haven't dug deep enough to see why.

"Read some patch notes" ? Actually use your brain please.

Edited by Adfax

12 hours ago, Aesorn said:

Considering It took me 5 mins to spawn on a company bed(im in a pretty small company) and get the FoY then had to do it AGAIN after the huge rollback which also only took another 5 mins then yeah it is..... If you couldn't find the FoY with the tons of other companys then maybe you should consider how incompetent you are as a human before complaining about something kid.   

Oh look, another potato not understanding why the mechanic is bad, instead looking at how "easy" it is deal with. 

Yes, it might have been easy on the island it was on for you; but did you try O7? Did you try C6? 

You were probably on M12 where you just run over a hill and drop down. Sure, if you were lucky enough to get it to spawn there, you'll think it is easy as pie. And sure, you could wait for it to spawn there.. Except, no one knows the exact rotation of the fountains, despite all claims; so you could be waiting a while. What fun game design. No one said it was hard, it was merely tedious. You got lucky and got it on the second try; I got it on the first, but only because the game was so lagged the NPCs couldn't attack me due to the insane lag.

But this doesn't change the actual problem with the fountain : it makes you spend a significant time doing something you'd otherwise not really want to deal with. And thus raises the question "what is the point?".

You see, a potato like you doesn't understand how pointless the mechanic is; you're just like "it was easy for me! It must be fine". No. Dig a little deeper, you're a potato for Christ sake, that is your home turf, I expect better.

The age mechanic is basically the vitamin system on steroids, much more obnoxious, and intrusive on the player's time.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

The age mechanic is awesome, the fountain was just lazy....

No it isn't, it just makes your character look a way you don't want them to look, and potentially (in the future) kills them off. And gives you a trash debuff that people can't be bothered to deal with. You'll kill the game if you push for this utter trash. Most people do not want it in the game. Do you want a dead game? I don't want a dead game.

None of you can actually tell me why it is good.. I've given many reasons why it is terrible for the game, could someone actually try to tell me why it is good. 

And honestly, I wish you luck, because it literally brings nothing to the game, and I already know you're going to fail.

Edited by Adfax

5 minutes ago, Adfax said:

No it isn't, it just makes your character look a way you don't want them to look, and potentially (in the future) kills them off. And gives you a trash debuff that people can't be bothered to deal with. You'll kill the game if you push for this utter trash. Most people do not want it in the game. Do you want a dead game? I don't want a dead game.

None of you can actually tell me why it is good.. I've given many reasons why it is terrible for the game, could someone actually try to tell me why it is good. 

And honestly, I wish you luck, because it literally brings nothing to the game, and I already know you're going to fail.

I still like that my character ages. Just wish they changed the fountain thing. It shouldnt even have mobs just something you have to travel to. It was a quick bandaid fix and done lazily. 

3 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

I still like that my character ages. Just wish they changed the fountain thing. It shouldnt even have mobs just something you have to travel to. It was a quick bandaid fix and done lazily. 

Why do you like it? 

Do you even have a reason? Give me a reason, a single reason.

I can tell you why I don't like it easy enough; but if all people who like the age mechanic can give me is "because I like it" it leads me to believe they don't know why; and that leads me to ask if it is even actually the age mechanic they like.

In every possible way, it makes the game much worse for the majority of people; and I've yet to squeeze a reason out of anyone who likes it.

Edited by Adfax

12 hours ago, Adfax said:

Why do you like it? 

Do you even have a reason? Give me a reason, a single reason.

I can tell you why I don't like it easy enough; but if all people who like the age mechanic can give me is "because I like it" it leads me to believe they don't know why; and that leads me to ask if it is even actually the age mechanic they like.

In every possible way, it makes the game much worse for the majority of people; and I've yet to squeeze a reason out of anyone who likes it.

All of this is irrelevant. I like it because i do. Im not scared or a little debuff and or work to correct it. I like it because of "immersion", something semi new in games, and also its something else to do. You are rewarded for hitting up the fountain. I really see nothing wrong with it. What i do see was an extememly lazy fix for it with 0 innovation or effort going in to the solution, hell we dont even have a fountain, what we have is some glowing lines at the power stone chest. And if this is any indication on how development is going to go then none of this matters because the rest will be garbage as well. To not like the age mechainic due to a small debuff that is fixable and comes with an additional buff well then thats on you. 

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

3 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

All of this is irrelevant. I like it because i do. Im not scared or a little debuff and or work to correct it. I like it because of "immersion", something semi new in games, and also its something else to do. You are rewarded for hitting up the fountain. I really see nothing wrong with it. What i do see was an extememly lazy fix for it with 0 innovation or effort going in to the solution, hell we dont even have a fountain, what we have is some glowing lines at the power stone chest. And if this is any indication on how development is going to go then none of this matters because the rest will be garbage as well. To not like the age mechainic due to a small debuff that is fixable and comes with an additional buff well then thats on you. 

Being frank, the part that's the biggest issue to me is not know where it is or when the time resets.

I didn't have much time to play due to OT yesterday, and got all the way to 07 to figure out it left that sector 30 minutes before I got there. THAT is stupid design, should appear like the power orbs do, preferably with a timer.

10 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Being frank, the part that's the biggest issue to me is not know where it is or when the time resets.

I didn't have much time to play due to OT yesterday, and got all the way to 07 to figure out it left that sector 30 minutes before I got there. THAT is stupid design, should appear like the power orbs do, preferably with a timer.

Yup, it was done so damn poorly... 

Hell i would be happier with a large fountain on a small island that didnt move locations. Something you just had to sail to. anything other than what we got. Some of these choices made by the devs are really starting to make me lose faith and confidence in them.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy