Sign in to follow this  
Chickfabulous

Discovery Point Change not Retro Really?

There have been A LOT of people who put in a lot of time to sail around and get Discoveries and for you to not make it retroactive  is completely unfair.  It's really insulting to those who have put in countless hours sailing around to up their max level only to basically have someone with less time/discoveries be at the same level as you.  Please tell me you can't see the unfair and kinda of insulting thing this is to players who put in all that time and effort.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Maji said:

Time to RE roll character!

LOL RIGHT!  I get making it easier to hit max level but man those of us who spent 30, 40, 50 hours sailing around getting discoveries to have them not be retroactive to the new update is just like a slap in the face.

10 minutes ago, Chickfabulous said:

There have been A LOT of people who put in a lot of time to sail around and get Discoveries and for you to not make it retroactive  is completely unfair.  It's really insulting to those who have put in countless hours sailing around to up their max level only to basically have someone with less time/discoveries be at the same level as you.  Please tell me you can't see the unfair and kinda of insulting thing this is to players who put in all that time and effort.

Nothing to add here - perfect words. 

WOW I can't believe this. I wasted 30+ hours sailing around getting discoveries for 3 days.... All worthless. I managed to get 232 thus far, And now someone that just starts can sail between a few grids close to home and beat me in discovery points and level with much less time. Wow...…

I always knew from Ark that it pays to just wait, and they will make everything 110% easier in time, But now not only have they made it easy mode, The people like me who have discovered everything close and even mid through the map is found and pushing us to go even further now to keep up.

I'll pass. 60 is a good enough level for me. I'll wait till Feb and they give 10 points a discovery.

2 minutes ago, Naviss said:

WOW I can't believe this. I wasted 30+ hours sailing around getting discoveries for 3 days.... All worthless. I managed to get 232 thus far, And now someone that just starts can sail between a few grids close to home and beat me in discovery points and level with much less time. Wow...…

I always knew from Ark that it pays to just wait, and they will make everything 110% easier in time, But now not only have they made it easy mode, The people like me who have discovered everything close and even mid through the map is found and pushing us to go even further now to keep up.

I'll pass. 60 is a good enough level for me. I'll wait till Feb and they give 10 points a discovery.

Agreed.  It's beyond unfair.  Jat tweeted that they couldn't retroactive it, but I'm  sorry you could of figured something out before implementing this.  There's just  no thought going into these changes.  The stone structure was just as bad.  This is by far one of the worst patches.

• Like 2

Just now, Chickfabulous said:

Agreed.  It's beyond unfair.  Jat tweeted that they couldn't retroactive it, but I'm  sorry you could of figured something out before implementing this.  There's just  no thought going into these changes.  The stone structure was just as bad.  This is by far one of the worst patches.

They should have done something! 

Ya the stone change is just beyond stupid.

13 minutes ago, Chickfabulous said:

Agreed.  It's beyond unfair.  Jat tweeted that they couldn't retroactive it

Technically he's probably right 🙂

I mean we dont know the backend. But it wouldn't be hard to take account for discoveries earned by exploring vs other methods and adjust accordingly. It's just more work they didn't want to do.

Whelp we literally just got FUCKED HARD stupid ass devs worst patch ever. It's going to force people to not play till its fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is such a joke. I spent all week collecting islands, literally all weekend to get 50 points to get an extra TWO levels.... Now I've fucked myself, been fucked by atlas and been fucked by grapeshot cause I could have gotten at least 6/7 levels instead.

I find its bullshit that there is nothing on the system that would allow them to retroactive it. Its clear our characters have a flag on them that we've discovered an island. All that gotta do is calculate the sum of (discovered islands * 3)- total amount of discovered islands = total points owed.

Bullshit. Either reset everyone's discoveries or give us the points we're owed.

• Like 2

Why not just change the number of points needed per level?   They've done it before, and that change was retroactive. 

I think this patch was crazy but everyone here complaining how it's not fair they have spent hours and hours doing things..

Well I got some bad news there will probably be quite a few wipes through development and everything will be gone so those hours and hours are wasted anyway as you will have to start from scratch. 

9 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

I think this patch was crazy but everyone here complaining how it's not fair they have spent hours and hours doing things..

Well I got some bad news there will probably be quite a few wipes through development and everything will be gone so those hours and hours are wasted anyway as you will have to start from scratch. 

They never did a wipe on ark till release and even then it wasn't a wipe, it was a new cluster. I doubt they'll do it on Atlas.

- Discovery Zones now provide 1 Discovery Point per unlock

Does that mean they reverted it back now to 1 which means we can stop feeling guilty of wasting time or what?

3 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

- Discovery Zones now provide 1 Discovery Point per unlock

Does that mean they reverted it back now to 1 which means we can stop feeling guilty of wasting time or what?

It means those that sailed around getting 3 get to keep their bonus points even though they shouldn't.

29 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

They never did a wipe on ark till release and even then it wasn't a wipe, it was a new cluster. I doubt they'll do it on Atlas.

Ark was a different type of game.. this is an mmo and there should be wipes.. but then again you could be right.

37 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

Yes they did wipe ark very early way before release.  One time was so awesome, Race to get the rex. Race to get a spot before someone else.