Sovereign Snow

stone Remove/Reduce Metal Cost For Stone

35 Metal and 40 Stone for a Stone Foundation where there is no metal visible on 95% of stone structures? How does this make ANY sense?

Remove, or reduce the metal cost of stone structures. This is ridiculous.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Screw metal. Remove the paste cost. A third of the world doesn't even spawn paste. At all. Zero paste in Tundra and Polar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sovereign Snow said:

Paste is made in a mortar and pestle with fiber and sap. Sap grows on the thin, red trees in Tundras.

You sure that's Tundra? Not Temperate?

Paste is nothing, it's actually light when made, and you can make thousands in a freeport.

This is killing base building already xd, for the small tribes now actually have to struggle to get by and get slapped by megas. Before the mats required to build stoner structures was fine it required some intense grinding if you wanted to build anything massive though. For sieging a base all people did was bring a bear cart and hammer through the base until they were in, most likely by then the loot would be popcorned. Stone Structure change was not needed and is completely bs, i'm thinking of heading to another game now just cause it is so labor intensive now and solo building stone structures isn't considered a thing unless you are in a zone that carries the paste, and the metal is absurd. It's called stone for a reason.

• Like 2

There needs to be a balance in the form of maintenance and upkeep.  Let a resource box feed all the structures within a claim flag radius.  If people have to pay materials and possibly gold to maintain large places, the structures will shrink.  It MUST however be materials not just gold.  This will tame down the mega's and provide some aspect for trade. 

Also metal for stone walls is just stupid.

10 hours ago, TheSzerdi said:

Screw metal. Remove the paste cost. A third of the world doesn't even spawn paste. At all. Zero paste in Tundra and Polar.

Diving attachment or submarine and go diving for coral. We are getting coral in the polar region.

Diving has also been buffed this patch for survivability.

Edited by Bad News Bear

4 hours ago, Tallios said:

There needs to be a balance in the form of maintenance and upkeep.  Let a resource box feed all the structures within a claim flag radius.  If people have to pay materials and possibly gold to maintain large places, the structures will shrink.  It MUST however be materials not just gold.  This will tame down the mega's and provide some aspect for trade. 

Also metal for stone walls is just stupid.

Upkeep on bases would become a nightmare. sometimes you cant clip structures to your base so it is improvised (gaps under gates blocked w foundations and whatnot) and small mining outposts, cannonades, towers...

Organic paste is the main problem here, not the metal. Metal can be gathered from any stone BUT the organic paste requirement cannot exist here as its very rare ! Organic paste should be removed ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

Diving attachment or submarine and go diving for coral. We are getting coral in the polar region.

Diving has also been buffed this patch for survivability.

The coral in our zone is classified as coal. 

Metal for stone walls is fine, and can be found on every grid.

I agree it's the paste that's excessive. The saps required aren't even present in the lower and upper three tiles of the grid, where stone is needed most. There simply isn't enough of it to go around. As is, even prior to this; what islands that do have sap were overcrowded, over-farmed messes; with some even walling the sap in so it was inaccessible. Expect it to get a lot worse in those spaces so long as the paste usage is a thing.

Latest changes to stone were completely BS, made it super weak to artillery and made it cost more. Its now harder to repair as the weight component for the wood and metal means more runs back and forth for matts. Allot of regions have poor fibre resources so gathering organic paste in these areas will be a task.  There more metal in some of these stone structures than there is in a single cannonball? Seems really wrong. Increase cannonball crafting costs to compensate.  

• Like 1

I personally really like the increase in cost for stone structures. As compared to the cementing paste problems in ARK pre-beaver dams, doing a mass gathering of sap is incredibly easy and encourages people to trade, explore, and otherwise travel instead of turtling inside their bases for all eternity. 

The part that I don't like is the ease of offline raiding. The cost increase was a perfect time to buff stone, not nerf it. If you are building with stone structures that are extremely expensive then you should be practically immune to pickaxe raids while offline. I would have also increased resistances for regular cannon ammo while making explosive ammo more expensive while also making it more suited to the task. Regular cannonball should be great at sinking ships without damaging the cargo onboard while spike shot should be good at taking out stone structures. I would also add fire gel and blasting powder costs to all explosive rounds and consider making explosive rounds for mortar and large cannons cost alloy instead of metal AND make them stronger than medium cannon and swivel gun explosive ammo. Just some thoughts on the situation. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, Sovereign Snow said:

Paste is made in a mortar and pestle with fiber and sap. Sap grows on the thin, red trees in Tundras.

These trees are from Temperate , not tundra.  They don't spawn at all in tundra areas. The closest north most or south most area to any of the tundra zones that has sap is K4 and K12.

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Saps

Types & Locations

If they wanna increese the cost of stone structures it should be more x stones and not paste.

Edited by Mumbo

I don’t know why metal is was involved in stone walls 😄 For Gates I agree. But something must be done with gates. Instead stone walls players are building gates. Maybe add unkeep cost or durability because you opening and closing. Needs to be done.

I think they should make us use paste on ship building too.. Oh and while they're at it might as well throw in some sharknados for good measure. 🙂

I have paste, and i have metal. I find it the most annoying thing in the world. Well besides the ARK creatures turning heads into you as your running by, that or trees. LOL

But seriously, make improved walls instead of the standard stone functions. The paste and metal addition totally ruins it for me each day. I have both on my island.

its fine the way it is you should explore more to find metal and metal or paste are both easy to get. Compared to before