Sign in to follow this  
Jaide

Shieldhorn Achieved

After a lot of effort and several days of trial and error we finally got our Shieldhorns, great job everyone !

unknown.png

• Like 3

Please tell me, were the shieldhorns far inland or were they on the shore? If they were inland, please tell me how you got them out. The shieldhorns on my island are so far inland and I have no idea how I'd be able to kite it to the coast.

Edited by ZooMTRauMA

5 hours ago, Jaide said:

After a lot of effort and several days of trial and error we finally got our Shieldhorns, great job everyone !

unknown.png

So I'm curious,  I tested these on a private and they didn't seem to be worth the effort.  Have they been more effective tames than the elephant/rhinos?  Not necessarily in gathering but perhaps in combat for defending your base and such?

@Vaenix They definitely are a little lackluster when it comes to utility. You can farm better by hand than these can when you ride them. Their stats aren't noteworthy, they seem to have worse stats than wolves do currently so they don't seem to have a purpose. We went into it hoping for a thatch farmer, since there really isn't one available. For now I'd say the effort involved with the tame is more for those who want to collect and tame them as a trophy right now. We ran around charging each other for an hour or so and while awesome, I wish they actually had a use.

Next up, Razortooth 😁

1 minute ago, Jaide said:

@Vaenix They definitely are a little lackluster when it comes to utility. You can farm better by hand than these can when you ride them. Their stats aren't noteworthy, they seem to have worse stats than wolves do currently so they don't seem to have a purpose. We went into it hoping for a thatch farmer, since there really isn't one available. For now I'd say the effort involved with the tame is more for those who want to collect and tame them as a trophy right now. We ran around charging each other for an hour or so and while awesome, I wish they actually had a use.

Next up, Razortooth 😁

Well that sucks.  If you're looking for thatch just get a bear and head to somewhere with roots that are either cat tails or leaves on the ground, can get several hundred thousand in a few hours work.

let us know how razor tooths come out, those im interested in, which i assume sicne they spawn on golden age ruins, you gotta be careful taming all of them lol

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TAME THESE:
-Have onions, beets, turnips, maize, potato, edible greens, peppers, and chili. It will randomly want any of these every time you feed it.
-Go to D12 Powerstone island (Bigsevain Atoll)
-bola it and tame it.
-Right now, you cannot tame them on any other powerstone island that I am aware of.
If you don't have all the veggies I will personally give you whatever seeds you are missing. I play on NA PVE Official. Message Saint#4964 on Discord.