naashw

V15.61 STONE CONSTRUCTION NEED ORGANIC PASTE ?

If you are not in island with saps, or you are in snow biome, RIP the stone construction.

please GRAPESHOT stop this, you have solo player TOO, or little company --", we can't defend with WOOD HOUSE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, and 32 metal plus 35 stone per wall piece? Honestly man the game isn’t compelling enough to keep putting up with this shit.

I am already sick to death of hand bombing stone and now I need to do metal and sap regularly too? Get f****d grapeshot.

If these idiots played their own game for 15 minutes they’d understand how f***ing dumb these changes are.

STOP MAKING PVP CHANGES IN PVE YOU IGNORANT S***HEADS

• Thanks 1

Organic paste isn't so bad..but metal is just nuts. Larger companies have their structures already completed, new starting companies have no hope. by time they have the materials needed there will be nowhere for them to build.

Are you crazy grapeshot?! What the **** were you thinking by adding that? My company doesn't have any sap or metal nodes on the island! That gives so many people massive disadvantage especially on PVP servers. You can't protect any building that's made out of wood. It just costs a bunch of flame arrows and anyone can get in and loot everything that you have worked hard for in a couple of minutes. 

It is clear that this change in the cost of structures will create an imbalance.
And it doesn't make sense, iron and sap in stone walls.... well !  

Why not increase the cost of stone, fiber, wood and tatch instead of adding new resources?

If the intention was to reduce the number of large structures on the servers, I doubt it would work. Big companies will always have the means to do it, it will just take longer ! 

• Like 1

I have saps on my island and this change still makes me not want to play what a ball ache of an idea just one more wasted idea that benefits nobody and nothing i feel bad for people in polar regions because they have no chance at all 

Stone structures should be easier to make if anything, not harder. I dont mind the change, but i'd rather promote players to make creative and intricate builds over make it harder to do so.

I do agree, though, that stone structures need to be more expensive than wood structures (somehow the price is very similar, somehow)

6 hours ago, Endo Fett said:

Agreed, and 32 metal plus 35 stone per wall piece? Honestly man the game isn’t compelling enough to keep putting up with this shit.

I am already sick to death of hand bombing stone and now I need to do metal and sap regularly too? Get f****d grapeshot.

If these idiots played their own game for 15 minutes they’d understand how f***ing dumb these changes are.

STOP MAKING PVP CHANGES IN PVE YOU IGNORANT S***HEADS

Wow tone it down man, devs are experimenting with changes, you dont need to insult them.

Just like DnL which had great potential, it appears the devs here are also making asinine decisions to  push their customer base away. This game already has so many reasons to play another game and this ridiculous 'nerf stone while making it much more difficult and time consuming to make' is just another reason for me to take my ball to another playground. Well, this and being tossed to a new character screen and not being able to access my character for a couple days now. sigh............

Bad decision, small groups in crappy biome suffer, big companies win again.. structures being built now are gimped while the big company islands are nice and fortified  . GG bb

Organic paste and metal would be fine... if we could actually get it in large quantities on each island. Many islands have little to no sap, and a lot of islands have little to no metal nodes. On PvE, a lot of people are getting to the point where the tradegoods are more likely to be character skills + intelligence for crafting better stuff, or just the crafted stuff from high tier blueprints. Rarely does anyone come by, willing to trade thousands of metal and paste, because their ships can't even fit more than a few hundred before they become overloaded. Besides, that metal is more likely going to be used on high tier blueprints than being wasted on stone structures.

For PvE, and people like me, who so far have enjoyed building a town for our company (solid walls of stone and many buildings of stone too), this change is probably the worst thing ever.

We live in a cold region, so literally ALL of our paste is being spent on making and repairing our fur armor, which is essential to enjoying the game.

Furthermore, the little metal we can get here is all used on making ship parts and cannons. Even the change for the stone gates to require 200 metal per gate has been rough on our building projects and generally just been making the game less enjoyable.

I think we have around 12-14 metal nodes on our island, which is shared between a lot of people, and metal is super heavy, so making transport runs with the stuff is something I was hoping would be purely in order to make the higher tier blueprints.

Simply increasing the respawn rate of the metal nodes and adding sap to all regions as another "fix" would also be the dumbest thing ever, as it would just nullify the changes in the recipe, and just result in making the pieces more tedious and annoying than it needs to be (aka. time wasted grinding resources while turning off your brain).

This is another one of those changes that just scream "PvP balancing", which doesn't add anything positive to the PvE side of the game. It annoys me so much that the devs are treating the PvP and PvE side of the game equally. They may fix and balance PvP, but then make PvE players suffer for it for no reason.

Practically anything in the game that there are issues with tend to be a bigger problem in PvE than in PvP. The claim system? in PvP you can just destroy people, in PvE, their area is safeguarded for all eternity. The projectile weapon nerfs? in PvE your biggest problem were animals, so making projectile weapons should have been buffed there, not nerfed. Being unable to walk on the ship of others and being stuck in limbo until you die, fly out with a glider or someone else grabs you with a hook.

TL:DR The devs need to treat PvE and PvP differently, as each time they introduce a "fix" for one gamemode, they end up breaking the other.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Djoul said:

If the intention was to reduce the number of large structures on the servers, I doubt it would work. Big companies will always have the means to do it, it will just take longer ! 

Also, IF the intention was to actually reduce structures, limiting fun is not a solution in any way. This would just make it sound like they "were not prepared for people building massive structures and plastering lawless zones with foundations to "claim" areas". Like, you can't give people unlimited space and structure limits and expect them to stay within a "reasonable" size. Like, i think we have several thousands of stone structure pieces at our town, just to make a wall surrounding the area as protection against alphas. I am just super glad that most of our stuff is built at this point, and hope that they revert this change before any new building projects become necessary.

• Thanks 1

Adding Organic Paste to Stone Construction is absolutely unnecessary.  Grapeshot did not NEED to make stone construction any more difficult, especially for those who live in Polar Regions and do not have any source for saps to make the organic paste.

I am in agreement with all the people who see this change as short-sighted and uncalculated.  

• Like 1