Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

38 minutes ago, WhoStoleMyC00kie said:

To be honest, i think one of the main reasons for this change, was to keep the game and the servers stable. It was a way to easy to build gigantic base, even for single player. I build a complex including a giant house, insane giant stable, defence walls, etc easily. When i logg into the game, it often takes some time till every part of my complex is loaded and visible. And imagine, its only me, one part of the whole city of the company.

This patch will defenetly stop people from building such giant structures. And i dont think wood buildings are worth expanding.

Somehow i agree with the devs, because i prefer a stable game, but lower the cost of metal and paste to like 5 or 6 per part and we have a good compromise.

But the weird thing about this argument, that its because of server lag, is; that for it to make sense, they should have strengthened stone, so people did not HAVE TO Build several layers for any kind of defensible base. Instead they made it weaker, forcing people to build even more layers, and thus increasing the lag.

The only way this patch made sense from a lag perspective, is if they wanted to reduce it through falling active player numbers, and though some have vented that idea, I really don't think thats the case.

Also, they could have accomplished what you say, by simply adding a small (smaller than the ridiculous amount added in the patch) metal cost, that would make people build slightly less excessive, while still maintaining that most areas in some way or form can get it done.

And if this was the case "Hey guys we need to limit structurecount, and thus we will increase the cost of buildings", then they could just say so, and we would at least understand WHY this seemingly unneeded, unwanted, stupid change was thought "good".

Edited by Fiil
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, WhoStoleMyC00kie said:

To be honest, i think one of the main reasons for this change, was to keep the game and the servers stable. It was a way to easy to build gigantic base, even for single player. I build a complex including a giant house, insane giant stable, defence walls, etc easily. When i logg into the game, it often takes some time till every part of my complex is loaded and visible. And imagine, its only me, one part of the whole city of the company.

This patch will defenetly stop people from building such giant structures. And i dont think wood buildings are worth expanding.

Somehow i agree with the devs, because i prefer a stable game, but lower the cost of metal and paste to like 5 or 6 per part and we have a good compromise.

I disagree .

In my area there are at least 3 large mansions , 1 being a fortress and the other  is a large dock , i don't have much problem loading them ,  in fact it is much more better than Ark because sometime building in Ark just refuse to load when you fast travel .

HOWEVER ,  for PVE players , there are 2 reasons why they build large stone house :

+ Secured place , because thank to fire arrow and fire arms nerf , fighting alpha is really difficult and required a lot resources . Alpha and aggressive creatures will try to bite the wall just to kill your tame . Currently there is no offline protection and you usually have to sail a lot for materials so the question is , how do you know if something is attacking your base  . And no , placing on 2nd floor is no good as i have seen croc spawn mid air and drop into base . The solution would be build layered of wood wall to stop the creatures from getting to the tamed creatures .

+ Nice looking base , this is varied by person , some like it small , some want it big , but one thing for sure is that they will have to spend ton of materials . Btw , they are not the only one who want theirs base looks good , there are many on a small island and will contest for stuffs to build . Right now stone required sap and a lot of metals , everyone keep harvesting / mining all the node on island and those nodes only spawn in a small area .

• Like 1

Congratulations you made the islands in the tundra and in the ice area completely worthless. 
If you can not build the best structures on an island, 
you can protect yourself with little chance of success before Offlineraiders. 
If stone structures continue to require organic paste, this resource should becomes available on all islands.
I understand the problem with server performance. 
But you should also understand the problem, as it is when you come from work and everything was bombed away.
Edited by Lilith
  • Like 1

Like many ppl before has said. This changes to the stone structures is silly.

This only benefit the mega tribes, whom already has a massive base and the resources to keep it repaired is attacked.

The only thing that keep me in the game is the we already have a few buildings. A wipe would probobly kill the game for me.

Edited by Mazchi
  • Like 1

Fact is simply : I cant do anything on my island, why should i stay in the game ? There is no Sap here.

• Like 1

Sell something for saps? 

But the metal costs are too heavy and we agree. There is no need for metal in stone buildings 

• Like 1

@Grapeshot : Just take a look at the crafting-costs. Make it like  half of the metal/ paste as it is now - maybe revert the saps thing and thats fair enough.

Edited by Apokh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jizzah said:

I'm done.  I'll be back when they remove this idiotic change.

Exactly that, Pantropy is starting next week.

Its not from Wildcard.

• Like 3

If this is supposed to alleviate gate spam, anyone with a calculator and common sense can see that using a stone gateway plus gate works out to less than HALF the fucking cost of an equivalent sized structure made of wall sections.

• Like 2

I'm in f6, my island has neither metal node's or saps (whole f6 has no metal nodes).

saps aren't the problem, cause you can easily farm 20k and transport them. But metal is just to heavy to transport 35 for one stone structuer. 

• Like 1

Im cool with them adding metal, but there has to be a realistic weight to worth ratio for metal. It's rarer then all the other mats and weighs more, it has a higher value, so it should need considerably less. Like 4 metal per a piece would be reasonable to me.

• Like 2

I do not see the benefit for the game in this decision. The stone may be too cheap, would be quite debatable. But with the current costs, the use of stone is almost prevented.

Is that why fewer buildings are being built? I'm afraid that, in case of doubt, wood will simply be used. The goal is somehow not recognizable, or lost sight of.

On the islands there are 2 types of large structures. Some consider Atlas to be a box full of Lego and build really nice but completely useless houses and harbors. The others are literally walling in to lock out uninvited players and wildlife. This motivation is not affected or taken into account at all by the cost increase.

The players will still build or turn away from the game when they can not. No player will have a permanent desire to constantly repair his buildings and to collect material for it. The base is the safe starting point for sailing trips. If the player is forced to spend even more time and resources to maintain them, this time will be missing for the actual game at sea and foreign islands. In the long run, this may lead some players to look for another game that offers them more opportunities in their free time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Apokh said:

@Grapeshot : Just take a look at the crafting-costs. Make it like  half of the metal/ paste as it is now - maybe revert the saps thing and thats fair enough.

I totally disagree by halving the metal and paste costs would suggest that the overall idea of stone containing metal and paste is a good one, when in fact it is a terrible idea, I say put it back how it was and work on getting a Metal Structure tree in place, how you are meant to instead of making half assed efforts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is no need for sugar in stone struktures too. Exept for owner on islands with these resource. They can live savely and raid the others. This game is really balanced.

39 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I totally disagree by halving the metal and paste costs would suggest that the overall idea of stone containing metal and paste is a good one, when in fact it is a terrible idea, I say put it back how it was and work on getting a Metal Structure tree in place, how you are meant to instead of making half assed efforts.

I get they're going for a mortar and stone type idea but the availability of sap makes this prohibitive at minimum. And the quantities needed of sap for even a small stone hut make it virtually pointless. 

If sap were either yielding more I could see the encouraging trade and raids argument. Or if it were less rare I could understand the basic inclusion. But being both rare and low supply, as well as being a basic necessity for so many items its hard to picture it being functional for anything but the conglomerate companies that already have most of the sap locked down anyway. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I did not ask for other opinions, neither do you. So thanks for your reply.

Just now, Apokh said:

I did not ask for other opinions, neither do you. So thanks for your reply.

First of all I started this post, secondly get your head out of your own ass, and my opinion is backed by 90% of the replies on this post, rollback the last change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

First of all I started this post, secondly get your head out of your own ass, and my opinion is backed by 90% of the replies on this post, rollback the last change.

I dont care bout you thinking self-congratulations and insulting does rectify trolling and misbehavior. People are free to have their opinions. Ask Mr Trump... This is not your private playground, Dude. 

Edited by Apokh

My guess is the new crab gets metal, with it's ability to leap very high it should be a great way to climb up and hit nodes that are on the higher peaks in some islands.  The submarine gets Coral (under the water you can dive for it now and E it with your hands) which is a 1 to 3 coral to Org paste convert.  Sort of premature on the pull to make more expensive stone but the huge builds are lagging the servers already so I can't blame them.

If you have no source of Org paste on your island try go for a swim.  Same thing with fiber...it's down there.

Edited by Elric Melnibone

2 minutes ago, Apokh said:

I

I dont care bout you thinking self-congratulations and insulting does rectify trolling and misbehavior. Ask Mr Trump... This is not your private playground, Dude. 

dude STFU

1 minute ago, Elric Melnibone said:

My guess is the new crab gets metal, with it's ability to leap very high it should be a great way to climb up and hit nodes that are on the higher peaks in some islands.  The submarine gets Coral (under the water you can dive for it now and E it with your hands) which is a 1 to 3 coral to Org paste convert.  Sort of premature on the pull to make more expensive stone but the huge builds are lagging the servers already so I can't blame them.

If you have no source of Org paste on your island try go for a swim.  Same thing with fiber...it's down there.

As many have pointed out making stone more expensive and weaker all they are going do is increase building as people build more layers to defend, making stone cheaper and stronger would have been the fix not the total opposite.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fiil said:

Just because of the seemingly slim chance the devs would read this thread, I think i'll just restate a few points that i made earlier, but that i've also, while reading the thread, been strengthened in my belief is at least somewhat aligned with other players feelings on the matter.

Stone (double triple) NERF:

Before this patch, very few (almost none) though stone was too strong! In fact, I've been involved with basetakedowns involving 1 medium cannons, that opened someones base in a few minutes, it was NOT hard, and it did NOT require time or planning in any way. In fact my feeling was that it was way too easy.

What did the patch do, it double nerfed it for no reason at all in strength (2.5x + 60%), sapping it of strength it didnt have to begin with!
Then on top of that, it made it cost both a rare commodity, AND a huge amount of metal.
Each of these changes (even seperated) were uncalled for, and unneeded, but together is just utterly insane.

So lets talk a bit about why wood is NOT a viable solution:

Wood cannot keep out animals, animals that because of the state of AI is seemingly happy to chew on foundations/walls whatever for hours, the only thing that made this behavior not gamebreaking, have been them not being able to chew through stone. (My company have even, because of wildlife, had to doublewall, because of them eating away at items inside our base, THROUGH our stonewalls... go figure.
Also, wood is very VERY VERY! easy to break into by players equipped with nothing but common tools in hand. So would offer almost no protection at all.

Possible solutions:

Revert the changes while you reassess the situation, while you keep a post-it on your monitor at all times, with the words "Stone is NOT too strong" and "Stone need to be buffed NOT nerfed" and last but not least "Even IF we still want to add cost to stone, it should still be FUN to build with".

And to end off this little essay, i'll just say, for me, and for my company, the next few days will be vitally important! If we see no changes, we will simply stop, yesterday we all took a break, that break will be prolonged if no changes come, and for now, we will probably at most, check in, so we don't loose what little assets we have to decay.

I’m in the same boat as this guy, agree completely on everything he brought up.

• Like 1