Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

simple, 

to make it fair convert all current stone structures to wood and make everyone rebuild.

• Confused 1

Just now, WInslow said:

simple, 

to make it fair convert all current stone structures to wood and make everyone rebuild.

Good , add more fuels to the firestorm  .

What a fucking joke this patch is.. Not only did they make Stone weaker, they made it pretty much impossible to build even a SMALL structure in the tundra or polar area without a massive grind or traveling 4-5 grids to get what you need to build it. Yeah you can dive for paste, so what? You die 5-6 times each haul of coral, which isn't much, either to sharks and other ridiculously impossible to fight predators under the water, or to the freezing cold. Diving suits are useless as they add no protection to the cold at all, or speed, or protection when swimming. The water is so deep that even IF you go down, unless you are specifically specced into everything that will possibly help you (which is a waste of points and will make you useless everywhere else) you will just drown or freeze to death the moment you finally find some Coral. Even with the stats needed, most of the time a shark will slaughter you anyway or you'll still drown half way back to the surface.

My entire company has pretty much skipped playing tonight due to this change, no one has any motivation to farm because what's the point? We made some token efforts at progressing our island but none of us have the time nor the patience to sail 4-5 grids south for resources, only to come back with enough to build at most a few little stone shacks? Fucking pointless.

Hope they serious rethink this change because you will be losing those of us who actually enjoy the building aspect of the game. The islands are amazing and I have so much fun coming up with new ways to protect and build up our harbours, but if you want us to focus on ship building this is not the way to do it. There is no fucking way we will build ships if we can't secure them or give ourselves even a slight sense of security for when we are mostly offline or not around. If we don't have a cool base to build out of/to call home, what's the fucking point?

• Like 2

Oh here is my favorite part of this entire fiasco. I despise the large gates. I honestly wish they'd put in half size large gates. Last time I checked we don't have gigas or brontos in this game. No need for 12 wall high things. But go to make a nice fence to keep the alphas out... The walls don't even go into the ground. It looks horrible. Back to square 1.9191751638FB11DF1687A6AFD5C5C23D6965AED8

Game is almost cooked now.

Just now, SwiftFate said:

My entire company has pretty much skipped playing tonight due to this change, no one has any motivation to farm because what's the point? We made some token efforts at progressing our island but none of us have the time nor the patience to sail 4-5 grids south for resources, only to come back with enough to build at most a few little stone shacks? Fucking pointless. 

My whole company and almost everyone of our allied players have not even bothered to play tonight, don't think many will be back either it's just a kick in the guts for all the time wasted.

• Like 1

And they increased damage to stone structures. Now you need only 9 cannon balls to destroy a wall. Without proper turrets in this game offline raiding will be much worse now 😞 People will slice throught your stone honeycombs with ease.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rats said:

Game is almost cooked now.

My whole company and almost everyone of our allied players have not even bothered to play tonight, don't think many will be back either it's just a kick in the guts for all the time wasted.

We checked through all of our allies discord servers etc and found at most 2-3 players online where usually we would see 10+ all chatting and playing the game together. Even ours was a ghost server and we usually have a couple dozen online. So sad..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwiftFate said:

We checked through all of our allies discord servers etc and found at most 2-3 players online where usually we would see 10+ all chatting and playing the game together. Even ours was a ghost server and we usually have a couple dozen online. So sad..

16k total in game. But yeah 9 people in my grid atm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Oh here is my favorite part of this entire fiasco. I despise the large gates. I honestly wish they'd put in half size large gates. Last time I checked we don't have gigas or brontos in this game. No need for 12 wall high things. But go to make a nice fence to keep the alphas out... The walls don't even go into the ground. It looks horrible. Back to square 1.9191751638FB11DF1687A6AFD5C5C23D6965AED8

Agree that they need a mid size gate option. The large gate is needed to make a safe spot for ships (I am unsure if the Galleon fits through, if anybody wants to clue me in) and I think perhaps the game even needs a larger one for this purpose, albeit extremely resource inefficient for the space it covers to prevent any spamming issues occuring and with not much greater health than the large.

Also, erm... why aren't you using floors? I have had no problem creating contigous looking walls using the floors (foundations).

9 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

PVP , PVE , unofficials servers  ! boom , we have 10-15 players in average in one grid )

Edited by GugoKapet

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

And they increased damage to stone structures. Now you need only 9 cannon balls to destroy a wall. Without proper turrets in this game offline raiding will be much worse now 😞 People will slice throught your stone honeycombs with ease.  

And it wasnt as if it was hard to raid/destroy stone in the first place, every building in reach from the water on my island, get pounded almost daily.. Regardless of who they are, and now we cant even use stone to at least protect against animals..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I mean it's not exactly peak hours, but even still we would have dozens of members and allies online running around doing shit. I think the only ones on at the moment are gold farming etc. No one has any motivation to farm or god forbid build anything with this bullshit change now. Not even ships. If we can't protect our ships with an awesome fortress what's the point?

• Like 3

would be cool if they left BPs w/o the metal/paste cost or w/o the paste cost to reward people using common BPs, would also make common BPs valuable for trade

Edited by Bad News Bear

3 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Agree that they need a mid size gate option. The large gate is needed to make a safe spot for ships (I am unsure if the Galleon fits through, if anybody wants to clue me in) and I think perhaps the game even needs a larger one for this purpose, albeit extremely resource inefficient for the space it covers to prevent any spamming issues occuring and with not much greater health than the large.

Also, erm... why aren't you using floors? I have had no problem creating contigous looking walls using the floors (foundations).

This is why. I'm having to stack foundations like crazy to try to make a garage now since my Rhino fell through the cliff platform.B5806744108DE3B5839519163B869C63C4517E66

8 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Oh here is my favorite part of this entire fiasco. I despise the large gates. I honestly wish they'd put in half size large gates. Last time I checked we don't have gigas or brontos in this game. No need for 12 wall high things. But go to make a nice fence to keep the alphas out... The walls don't even go into the ground. It looks horrible. Back to square 1.

Agree the need to be half the size or just make the small one have a double door option and a fence option (scaled to size of course) that connects to a snap point on like a hinge. it just looks horrible have gates around your base especially the large ones, can do wall, but that just further pushes back the resources.

8 minutes ago, Fiil said:

And it wasnt as if it was hard to raid/destroy stone in the first place, every building in reach from the water on my island, get pounded almost daily.. Regardless of who they are, and now we cant even use stone to at least protect against animals..

That's the biggest thing thing I don't understand about these changes and turn them IMHO into bafflingly dumb. Increasing the difficulty of building 3 or 4 fold and then make them easier to take out and not far off the early skill tree wooden structures... Erm exsqueeze me? baking powder?

Edited by Not Happy
  • Like 1

My walls are getting torn down. I mean at least I get some of the cost back. I refuse to do a wall of gates. So i'll make a small garage for the rhinos/elephant. Killing me on thatch since now I have to do a thatch layer first. Then go over it with stone so it looks nice and not like a trailer park. I can't leave the fences as they are. It just looks bad.

It is extremely obvious that the DEVS do not actually play their game, they may quickly run it in a controlled dev environment to ensure that their code is functioning as intended but they clearly do NOT play this game themselves, otherwise they'd see all of the bull crap and broken thought process that is experienced while playing the game. Shame on you Grapeshot!

We already had to waste a crapload of points down the construction tree to get to stone building in the first place, now we need to acquire crazy materials to build them too?!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 3

Gotta place a post here just as the Devs need to know how we are all feeling. Unreasonable change and that is from someone who just made a few hundred stone building parts. This won't affect me as I farmed and built what I could while we were on 2X and even I think it is a crazy thing to patch. I didn't see many complaints on the forum regarding the cheap cost and high durability.

• Like 2

Well, these Devs love to shit on their community. 

OK, i am done with being nice...

These Devs are brainless morons. Instead of fixing and balancing they come up with BS in every Patch they roll out..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Then make it so people don’t benefit from it. People in polar and tundra regions are completely screwed with this change and the people living in tropical are doing a hail mary right now. 

No we are not screwed. We are in a southernmost polar island and we have access to organic paste here (corals), with the submarine it's going to be a lot easier.

We know of an infinite organic paste sources (6 zones away). We just go stock up and mass craft paste with like 5 mortar/pestles.

They have also buffed wood structures considerably, with the fire nerf, it would make it easy to build accessory structures (ports, docks, animal gates) with wood structures rather than stone.

Also the Puckle Gun buff (NPC invuln) reduces the amount of space I have in my pants.

Edited by Bad News Bear

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

It is extremely obvious that the DEVS do not actually play their game, they may quickly run it in a control dev environment to see it what they coded is functioning as intended but they clearly do NOT play this game themselves, otherwise they'd see all of the bull crap and broken thought process that is experienced while playing the game. SHame on you Grapeshot!

i don't think they don't play it, more a case they're playing in a different environment than we are. They need to make a 1x1 server and invite players (those who have been giving legit feedback) into test stuff before making it live imho

• Like 1

Yeah I farmed a bunch too. I had to toss up 50 walls lastnight in a hurry due to an alpha lion, alpha wolf  and alpha horse stalking my base. Had no clue this change was coming. I wouldn't have wasted the stone walls or put up the gates lastnight.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk
  • Like 1