Jump to content

Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Recommended Posts

@thor_ragnarock yup just saw that, was still typing post.

Edited by Vloshko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

The devs should:

  1. Revert material Changes to stone structures.
  2. Make a new group of structures like Metal Structures or Improved Stone walls.
  3. Disable ship collision.
  4. Revert " NPCs mounted on Puckles are now invincible".
  5. Perform a discovery point wipe for everyone, because those who actually spent weeks on island discoveries to combat the "retroactive" part of "Discovery Zones now count as 3 Discovery Points instead of 1. Players no longer need to discover all zones to reach max level. Not a retroactive change."
  6. Fire the person who approved the idea " NPCs mounted on Puckles are now invincible".

Perfect, I 100% agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chickfabulous said:

420 organic paste for the Large Stone Gates?????  Was there any thought put into this

9 canonballs is all it takes to kill it  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

They endorsed this so I doubt this is the sole reason: DwLigcTWoAA5egy.jpg

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Then make it so people don’t benefit from it. People in polar and tundra regions are completely screwed with this change and the people living in tropical are doing a hail mary right now. 

Edited by Percieval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Except now everyone is going to spam wood walls even more? After this patch its like 7 cannon balls to take a wood wall down and 9 for stone....Makes no sense. It was fine where it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

When they spout that "this isn't a mega tribe only game, solo players and small tribes will rule" making a change like that only hurts those small companies and solo players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

If its an optimization issue, the solution is not to make building a chore. I seriously have been trying to keep the spark I had when this game first dropped going but every patch while some have good content in them there is always a few changes that are a massive kick in the groin. I don't know how much longer I can keep playing and finding the same joy in this game. I feel like the only way to truly show them how badly they messed up this time is to not login anymore... yet I still want to keep playing the game... It's a hard spot to be in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luneder said:

whats next? Stone spears and arrows will require organic material and metal?

Don´t give them anymore stupid ideas please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Asanna said:

When they spout that "this isn't a mega tribe only game, solo players and small tribes will rule" making a change like that only hurts those small companies and solo players.

YES, this patch screws everyone expect the mega tribes. Before this patch is was possible to build a superior design and have the ability to fend of massive clans with a smaller group, not after this...

Even the galleon change, which can smash anything without taking damage, only benefits the mega clans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nari said:

They endorsed this so I doubt this is the sole reason: DwLigcTWoAA5egy.jpg

 

3 minutes ago, SockStink said:

Except now everyone is going to spam wood walls even more? After this patch its like 7 cannon balls to take a wood wall down and 9 for stone....Makes no sense. It was fine where it was.

 

2 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

If its an optimization issue, the solution is not to make building a chore. I seriously have been trying to keep the spark I had when this game first dropped going but every patch while some have good content in them there is always a few changes that are a massive kick in the groin. I don't know how much longer I can keep playing and finding the same joy in this game. I feel like the only way to truly show them how badly they messed up this time is to not login anymore... yet I still want to keep playing the game... It's a hard spot to be in. 

 

3 minutes ago, Asanna said:

When they spout that "this isn't a mega tribe only game, solo players and small tribes will rule" making a change like that only hurts those small companies and solo players.



They swung the game balance in favor of the attacker, making it easier to destroy stone structures, it is 100% Obvious what they are doing. It is very poorly implemented, but obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet once again just because PVP was going too hard for some people PVE has to suffer the consequences. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SockStink said:

YES, this patch screws everyone expect the mega tribes. Before this patch is was possible to build a superior design and have the ability to fend of massive clans with a smaller group, not after this...

Even the galleon change, which can smash anything without taking damage, only benefits the mega clans.

And I understand numbers will give an advantage but it should be countered if you create a clever base design, use smarter tactics or ship designs. All ways a smaller group could take the upper hand because they play better. That's correct balance, not increasing building materials to limit 40-60% of the player base from building them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlackFlint said:

Somehow I can understand that stone walls need metal (mb for some fittings), and also it's good for balance if it's 5 metal but not 32. It's almost the same amount as stone. This is not realistic. 

But now please explain me why the saps is needed for STONE walls. WAIT WHAT? SUGAR FOR... STONE WALL? ARE WE BUILDING FAIRY CASTLES here? 😡🤬😡

You're new home https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52b826b8e4b0818dc1d04be7/55534b2de4b01424fe420edb/56d3a8cfc2ea51b15213612a/1456711969913/Millie's+Fairy+Princess+Castle.png?format=500w

Edited by Senkoau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evir said:

it is 100% Obvious what they are doing. It is very poorly implemented, but obvious. 

As pointed out by others we can still do this with new and improved wood. How does this solve anything with PvE stress? You're speculating and that's ok but c'mon...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I was thinking that the FOY was going to be the dumbest fucking thing this dev team would do.

Wow.  Just... wow.

I have no sap and no metal nodes anywhere on the island where I live.  And because of wildlife's ability to destroy wood, I'm left with little choice.

Atlas, allow me to introduce you to an old military term.

BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Asanna said:

And yet once again just because PVP was going too hard for some people PVE has to suffer the consequences. 

what exactly is the point of building stone in PVE anyway? Just build a small stone fence around your base to keep animals away, it isnt like you actually have anything to fear, no one is going to attack you. You can literally just live in wood or thatch, as long as you have a 2 high stone wall around your base.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Asanna said:

And yet once again just because PVP was going too hard for some people PVE has to suffer the consequences. 

sorry but pvpers are now at a stand still because if we attack a base then what? we can't build on that land unless we go tribal, and the sap islands are hedgehogs to attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evir said:

what exactly is the point of building stone in PVE anyway? Just build a small stone fence around your base to keep animals away, it isnt like you actually have anything to fear, no one is going to attack you. You can literally just live in wood or thatch, as long as you have a 2 high stone wall around your base.

Say that to the alphas that will sprint back half way across an island and climb that 2x wall to get back to the other wall it agrro'd to trying to eat your chickens.

Edited by Nari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Evir said:

what exactly is the point of building stone in PVE anyway? Just build a small stone fence around your base to keep animals away, it isnt like you actually have anything to fear, no one is going to attack you. You can literally just live in wood or thatch, as long as you have a 2 high stone wall around your base.

Looks, animals spawning inside the base, the fact that if we have a decent area for the company you can need as many stone walls circling the base as you would for one house, massive numbers of alpha spawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Thats good and all man, but people will just compensate for this by spamming even more stone walls/gates or wooden structures. In the end this doesn't solve anything but only makes it worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Evir said:

what exactly is the point of building stone in PVE anyway? Just build a small stone fence around your base to keep animals away, it isnt like you actually have anything to fear, no one is going to attack you. You can literally just live in wood or thatch, as long as you have a 2 high stone wall around your base.

Wrong.  Animals can destroy wood and they will chew on it for hours until they destroy the block or you kill them.  Furthermore, animals can spawn INSIDE buildings and walls.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×