Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Just lost another barn full of tames to a f**king alpha snake.

Alphas do nothing positive for the experience. They are not a “fun challenge” they are a death sentence for tames and players.

You force me to mine distant metal nodes for stone structures (seriously f**k you), take away my ability to zipline with it, and don’t give me any alternative to slowly marching home through the killing fields of alphas and predators. 

THIS IS TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN

Please PLEASE try to play your own game for an hour, unlock stone, and try this shitty process for yourself.

Many people have personally told me that between the changes to stone buildings and the alphas, they don’t even want to sign in anymore.

But its ok, because you’re working on the really important stuff, like nerfing tamed dragons...what the actual f**k

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, Evir said:

Well, the change will stop so many from building absurdly large bases and lagging out servers, that was the primary reason for the change, people act like they just want to screw over the player base, but this is 100% the reason why.

Incorrect,. If I ever rebuilt I will be building a base 3x bigger in wood because it's resource cheaper due to wood and thatch and fiber availability. Just make it 3x the size for the same protection you used to get with stone. More for the server to process, but I'm not wasting my metal on walls. My bases are only going to get bigger.

• Like 3

Sadly I think if they were going to rollback the change they would have done it by now, so it looks like the game is perma ruined

screw over smaller companies living in polar GG, just got attacked and im not motivated to waste my organic paste on the fucking damage, great concept for a game, shitty devs,  devs are too focused on trying to "balance" things that in turn is only going to make it worse for their servers, looks like ill be spamming wood structures now, counterproductive to their plans unless they make wood cost metal and organic too now, when hackers are still around, and buggy issues prevalent but the devs want stone to cost sugar now

So.. I've been following this situation and have kept silent about my hate for this stone structure change.. But at this point it is painfully clear that the devs hate making money and having repeat customers.. Pretty sure alot of people picked this game up due to their love hate they had with ark.. I myself love/hate that game and their devs... Why would I hate the devs and their game yet still fork over the money it takes to give them another chance at not being complete asshats... Well because  like I stated I did love ark as much as I hated it... Great game brought down by shitty yet great devs who don't care about their customers at all.. Only a complete idiot with their heads so far up their asses would see this board and the devastation their update has had on their player base.. And then ignore it!!!! Seriously wtf is wrong with this picture? And then to top it off instead of doing what people were asking they drop the big fuck you hammer down and just drop the cost slightly of what people were upset about.. Arrogance much devs? Yeah.. That's gonna make them happy and not quit giving us money..........  Now I'm no lawyer or even very savy with law.. But I'm pretty sure class action lawsuits have been filed against and won over other devs for doing far less of a  shit job that grapeshot aka wildcard has done with how it handles their customers and their games..  Game isn't living up to the promise of what the devs claimed? That my friends is called false advertisement which last time i checked is something that can get you sued.. Don't believe me? Check your history on devs who have had class actions brought up against them for selling such shit games and then doing nothing to make it right with the paying customers..That's right once someone pays they are your customer and as such most smart business actually value those people willing to support their product by shelling out money for it..I would say at this point they probably will get sued sooner or later for being such asshats who obviously think they know everything and listen to nothing their customers say unless it somehow fucks everyone over by making an already grind heavy challenging game more grind heavy... At this point i wonder if we could sue them for wasting our time seeing as time is the most valuable  thing anyone has to offer simply because it is something you can never get back... And then lets not forget our money.. But in all this is our own faults for thinking even with a rebranding of devs from wildcard to grapeshot they had actually learned something from all that bs that was ark updates.. But they didn't, still guilty of thinking they know everything still guilty of not listening to their paying customers and still guilty of thinking if they keep breaking everything and pissing off their customers that they'll somehow still be able to publish and make games even though they keep burning the fucking majority of their players too the point they quit.. How long do you think people will keep supporting you devs with your very very poor track record with your customers...

Here's my prediction for this company. They'll fade away like sooooooo many before them and the sad thing is they aren't nearly as great as some of those companies were.. Not saying they are the worst and ark was a good game for the most part and so is atlas.. It's simple economicsthough really you want people to pay you money for your product and continue to do so for future products? Yes? Who wouldn't?! Well the secret to that  is to sell them what they actually want not what you want..That's called customer satisfaction which you guys are blind if you can't see how you lack satisfied customers at this point......

On 1/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, Apokh said:

People are free to have their opinions. Ask Mr Trump... This is not your private playground, Dude. 

Yet you get salty when somebody else has a different opinion to you, you seem almost as stupid as the devs of this game..

• Haha 1

Seems the player count drop speaks for itself. You usually get more players at the weekens, but Atlas is dropping.
And I'm one of them almost completely not playing.

I am preparing for my next project... 400 small wooden pill boxes EVERYWHERE.   Sure they will be easy to kill but that requires you to get close enough with a fire arrow to do it or a cannon.   I am just going to build them in random spots in the middle of the ocean using pillars.  They will be built in protest.   

2 hours ago, Endo Fett said:

Just lost another barn full of tames to a f**king alpha snake.

Alphas do nothing positive for the experience. They are not a “fun challenge” they are a death sentence for tames and players.

You force me to mine distant metal nodes for stone structures (seriously f**k you), take away my ability to zipline with it, and don’t give me any alternative to slowly marching home through the killing fields of alphas and predators. 

THIS IS TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN

Please PLEASE try to play your own game for an hour, unlock stone, and try this shitty process for yourself.

Many people have personally told me that between the changes to stone buildings and the alphas, they don’t even want to sign in anymore.

But its ok, because you’re working on the really important stuff, like nerfing tamed dragons...what the actual f**k

I haven't logged in for days, the devs completely killed this game. Tell all my friends who (for some unknown reason) consider buying this game to avoid it like the plague, I foolishly fell for the hype, didn't want to believe all the ark players telling me what I was getting in for, oh how I wished I had listened and not wasted £20. Literally only browse these forums and the sub-reddit to see if the devs have actually grown a brain cell yet. I can honestly say these are the worst developers I have ever seen, and iv'e been playing games for over 20 years...

Would literally rather shit in my hands and clap right now than play this abysmal piece of shit game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Faicorf said:

Would literally rather shit in my hands and clap right now than play this abysmal piece of shit game.

This says a lot on how you feel about the game currently.  The visual image of this is just magic.  Thank you for putting into words what I think many of us feel.  

• Like 1

Sad to say but they clearly didn't learn shit from pissing off their what was a great player base for ark but dropped so badly that they had to remove servers for being dead.... I kinda knew what i was getting into but had high hopes and heard that they actually learned something... Boy was EVERYONE wrong.. The only people who seem ok with this change are no lifers.. I mean seriously I see them post on everything all the time like they sit there waiting for something to comment on... They have no lives if they are really ok with spending days to craft one piece of fucking stone structure... But thats just my opinion..

• Like 1

1 solution should be increasing the number of coral you can find across all the region , they should spawn near coast and polar get to access more .

Right now they are hard to find depend on grid and then you have to dive deep , good luck with shark and extreme cold .

Still i prefer the paste cost remove . We don't need a material that is not available in all grid but required to craft common necessary stuffs .

Adding time to what already takes enough time is asinine.  Offline griefing was/is a huge issue so people starting building defenses to protect ships when offline.  Then they add this which only weakens defenses and makes it easier to sink ships.  This game is supposed to be about ships, sailing, adventures.  What it is actually about is building new ships daily and slowly build a base that can allow a ship to live more then 24 hours.  Its ridiculous.    

Edited by DocHolliday

Please re-think the stone wall nurf.

If it's an attempt to limit the massive structure spam, then consider at limiting structures a company can place, or require maintenance to it over time. The enormous boxes people build around ships are lame, and cause lag, I get it. There are other game mechanics to alleviate it. This change feels like one of those knee-jerk ARK changes. Up until now the game changes have been somewhat logical.

This will penalize small companies like mine.

Our ships all get sunk nightly when we're offline. It's lame, and a constant struggle, but we accept it because we can at least rely on the stone base to stay standing and provide a regrouping point. Even it can get raided if someone wants to invest the effort. Now it's like they're styrofoam walls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maticus said:

Please re-think the stone wall nurf.

If it's an attempt to limit the massive structure spam, then consider at limiting structures a company can place, or require maintenance to it over time. The enormous boxes people build around ships are lame, and cause lag, I get it. There are other game mechanics to alleviate it. This change feels like one of those knee-jerk ARK changes. Up until now the game changes have been somewhat logical.

This will penalize small companies like mine.

Our ships all get sunk nightly when we're offline. It's lame, and a constant struggle, but we accept it because we can at least rely on the stone base to stay standing and provide a regrouping point. Even it can get raided if someone wants to invest the effort. Now it's like they're styrofoam walls.

I dont understand you here.

a) you dont want people to build a shelter for their ships

b) you dont like your ships being sunk by trolls offline

Hmm... do you feel a contradiction, young Padawan ?

Edited by Talono

Yeah, theese devs development tactic doesn't make much sense, if you look at Ark now, the team there now make updates that make sense.

It's like this group are gluttons for pain. 😕

5 hours ago, Talono said:

I dont understand you here.

a) you dont want people to build a shelter for their ships

b) you dont like your ships being sunk by trolls offline

Hmm... do you feel a contradiction, young Padawan ?

I must not have been clear.

a) No, I don't care if people build mega stone boxes around their ships. I even try to build the enormous ugly stone walls around my ships to keep them safer when I'm offline. I just recognize that when more of these structures go up, the game performance dips. But people do it because sinking ships offline is ridiculously easy to do. I suspect the devs are trying to reduce the buildings by making them easy to destroy.

b) I don't like it, sure. But, I said I accepted it because I had a reasonably strong base that could survive mostly intact.

It seems that  they over did the nurf on stone building. It takes very little effort to destroy them.

Edited by Maticus
changed "bases" to "ships"

On 1/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, SockStink said:

There is a work around I found for this. So lets say you have a foundation next to a sloped hill. Place a second foundation on the current one and then extend a ceiling over the area you want the new foundation. Now the foundation will be able to snap in and will ignore the terrain(clip into it) It is a great method to remove any gaps your base may have otherwise had. After that foundation is down, quickly pick up the ceiling and stacked foundation in order to repeat the process.

Or they could just fix the problem.  😉

• Like 1

And, inevitability this was going to happen... moments after voicing concern about weakened stone bases it happens.

Someone placed a foundation and mortared us. I was able to capture a lovely screenshot of a mortar round on impact.

~30,000-40,000 combined damage seems high :classic_mellow:. The whole assault was a few minutes and just knocked the place over like a cardboard fort.

20190127002806_1.thumb.jpg.de4eca87772843821a5b4ad060e0ccbf.jpg

It happens... It's a pirate war game. I'm not here to cry.

My complaint is how unbalanced it is now. The effort to topple our base was very minuscule to the effort to make the base. People need to log off sometimes and sleep or work. If my ships get sunk, whatever. But, I need a workshop to rebuild.

I hope they reconsider this.

• Like 4

Thats what happened to me too this night. Its completely pointless to build anything with the current paper-stone.

In the 50% of the zones that have sap i mean. In the other half you can watch wood bases fall in seconds😂

Edited by Talono

9 hours ago, Talono said:

Thats what happened to me too this night. Its completely pointless to build anything with the current paper-stone.

In the 50% of the zones that have sap i mean. In the other half you can watch wood bases fall in seconds😂

Only 20% of the zones in the game have Sap.  4% have Coral.  So 24% total, not 50.

• Like 1

I don't think this thread should fall off the first page so soon.  The increased costs really suck.  The nerf that stone took was just...…...horrid.  

• Like 1

We still haven't touched building since this update.  Pretty much worthless now.  Better off just living with what you can fit in your inventory. 

• Like 1

i wondered momentarily if the point was to get people to blow up some of the awful gate spam on every island but large gateways have 24k hp and are one of the last things that still sucks to destroy