Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Something else that would help in reducing structures is to allow clipping into terrain.  Often, you have to use a lot more structures to get around the areas where a structure won't snap into place.  A square uses less structures than a rectangle, and often to get the size you need, you have to build a rectangle, because a foundation won't snap in in one direction.

• Like 1

I normally stay far the hell away from forums in general, for what should be obvious reasons, but I felt compelled to make an exception to that policy just this once because of how unfathomably daft this whole debacle is.

There is little I could say that has not been made a point of already. I'm going to swallow my frustration and be as nice as possible here; @Jatheish and his colleagues at Grapeshot need to understand that they have failed to grasp why today's patch is not a solution, or a compromise. It is a complete failure to address the actual problem of why metal and paste is required at all.

It does not matter if it requires 1 paste/metal, or 1,000 paste/metal. Either way, hundreds of players have to waste precious game time on sailing up to 5-6 grids away just so they can build what is essentially a basic necessity for survival, whether it's pve or pvp. 

People value their time, and paste/metal requirements on basic, I repeat, basic stone structure pieces is wasting a ton of everyone's time. It is a waste of people's time because forcing them to spend hours dodging dozens of generally overpowered SoDs on a two way trip that carries a substantial risk to their vessels, so they can craft a basic, once again, basic stone piece is not fun, and it is certainly not fulfilling.

Swallow your pride, admit you messed up, and reverse this change. We will respect you more for it. And if you absolutely must add an increased cost, increase the amount of stone/wood/thatch it costs. Do NOT add component requirements that a large portion of the player base can not realistically get hold of.

Edited by Ridia
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Ridia said:

I normally stay far the hell away from forums in general, for what should be obvious reasons, but I felt compelled to make an exception to that policy just this once because of how unfathomably daft this whole debacle is.

There is little I could say that has not been made a point of already. I'm going to swallow my frustration and be as nice as possible here; @Jatheish and his colleagues at Grapeshot need to understand that they have failed to grasp why today's patch is not a solution, or a compromise. It is a complete failure to address the actual problem of why metal and paste is required at all.

It does not matter if it requires 1 paste/metal, or 1,000 paste/metal. Either way, hundreds of players have to waste precious game time on sailing up to 5-6 grids away just so they can build what is essentially a basic necessity for survival, whether it's pve or pvp. 

People value their time, and paste/metal requirements on basic, I repeat, basic stone structure pieces is wasting a ton of everyone's time. It is a waste of people's time because forcing them to spend hours dodging dozens of generally overpowered SoDs on a two way trip that carries a substantial risk to their vessels, so they can craft a basic, once again, basic stone piece is not fun, and it is certainly not fulfilling.

Swallow your pride, admit you messed up, and reverse this change. We will respect you more for it. And if you absolutely must add an increased cost, increase the amount of stone/wood/thatch it costs. Do NOT add component requires that a large portion of the player base can not realistically get hold of.

Yea I can be ok with them costing more stone, I honestly don't see the wood cost thatch maybe for making mortar.. they could add a mortar cost somehow flint and stone and water or something. I also think they need to slightly reign in the stone damage buff. I also wouldn't mind grinding out the metal and paste if they add a reinforced stone/metal tier that is at least as strong as the existing stone was. It was already easy to offline people and they act like making a few hundred cannon balls is a lot of effort. It isn't you could already easily set down a few cannons and barrage a wall down in a very short manner of time. Now you just need 1 and a stack to get through a multi layer wall.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ridia said:

Swallow your pride, admit you messed up, and reverse this change. We will respect you more for it. And if you absolutely must add an increased cost, increase the amount of stone/wood/thatch it costs. Do NOT add component requirements that a large portion of the player base can not realistically get hold of.

Very well said. I commend you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridia said:

Perfect response, I agree with every word.

2 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Something else that would help in reducing structures is to allow clipping into terrain.  Often, you have to use a lot more structures to get around the areas where a structure won't snap into place.  A square uses less structures than a rectangle, and often to get the size you need, you have to build a rectangle, because a foundation won't snap in in one direction.

There is a work around I found for this. So lets say you have a foundation next to a sloped hill. Place a second foundation on the current one and then extend a ceiling over the area you want the new foundation. Now the foundation will be able to snap in and will ignore the terrain(clip into it) It is a great method to remove any gaps your base may have otherwise had. After that foundation is down, quickly pick up the ceiling and stacked foundation in order to repeat the process.

Remove the paste cost ...

I don't have time sailing here and there just to get the materials to craft basic stuffs .

I only sail to get materials when i want to craft something from a good bp which worth my time.

3 hours ago, Ridia said:

Either way, hundreds of players have to waste precious game time on sailing up to 5-6 grids away just so they can build what is essentially a basic necessity for survival, whether it's pve or pvp. 

They mostly likely did do this to get you off land more. The problem I have with it is they turned everyone in the center of the map into kings and queens, sitting on mounds of sap and metal and those of us in the tundra became their bastard step child.   WE are going to be forced to sail and they are going to sit on their ass and watch the tax bank overflow. 

Oh wait... they did give us cotton a while back. I forgot.  I spend 30 minutes on 2x harvest with a bear and I get 5k fiber.  But 2 grids south, I farmed fiber with the same bear for 30 minutes and got 100k and that's paying a 30% tax.  So, it's was more like a, 'oh, you want fiber... har, har... here, you now have fiber.'

And I bet you thought this game was a grind last week, eh?

2 hours ago, SockStink said:

Perfect response, I agree with every word.

There is a work around I found for this. So lets say you have a foundation next to a sloped hill. Place a second foundation on the current one and then extend a ceiling over the area you want the new foundation. Now the foundation will be able to snap in and will ignore the terrain(clip into it) It is a great method to remove any gaps your base may have otherwise had. After that foundation is down, quickly pick up the ceiling and stacked foundation in order to repeat the process.

Thanks for the idea but I don't have that much paste.

16 hours ago, Mazchi said:

Like many ppl before has said. This changes to the stone structures is silly.

This only benefit the mega tribes, whom already has a massive base and the resources to keep it repaired is attacked.

The only thing that keep me in the game is the we already have a few buildings. A wipe would probobly kill the game for me.

Wipe would make me want to log in again. 

Right now they just gifted tons of paste and metal to those who had lots of walls. FREE PASTE IN TUNDRA! TONS AND TONS OF IT. Just remove your old and cosmetic buildings.

Oh, you didnt have many stone walls? too bad! this game is for megatribes you silly punk. go play minecraft, devs already have you money, they dont need us crying here.. they want us out. This is how I see this change. Or.. they all, devs,  got high on acid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackthron said:

Wipe would make me want to log in again. 

Right now they just gifted tons of paste and metal to those who had lots of walls. FREE PASTE IN TUNDRA! TONS AND TONS OF IT. Just remove your old and cosmetic buildings.

Oh, you didnt have many stone walls? too bad! this game is for megatribes you silly punk. go play minecraft, devs already have you money, they dont need us crying here.. they want us out. This is how I see this change. Or.. they all, devs,  got high on acid.

I kind of agree they already have our money, and being realistic how many more new customers are gonna buy this game, with both the amount of negative comments out there and the fact it is just an Ark mod rehashed. Unless they do actually start listening to the community then yes this game is dead in the water.

• Like 2

Fully correct, Grapeshot are working hard to destroy Atlas. Nice graphics, cool ships but the balance developers should better apply for a job at McDonalds.

You would do a favor to the world.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

The stupid thing is, they want less structures for better performance. But if you want to protect your base you have to build more layers of walls and more Gates. So that last changes are idiotic. A Wall is down after 9 hits with canon. This is way to week. And it is unfair for Companies who started to build.

Next Question Tropic has Sugar, Desert has Salt what has Tundra an Polar? Nothing you cant find in Tropic and Desert. Nice Balance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lilith said:

The stupid thing is, they want less structures for better performance. But if you want to protect your base you have to build more layers of walls and more Gates. So that last changes are idiotic. A Wall is down after 9 hits with canon. This is way to week. And it is unfair for Companies who started to build.

Next Question Tropic has Sugar, Desert has Salt what has Tundra an Polar? Nothing you cant find in Tropic and Desert. Nice Balance.

Well they are meant to be harsh.   I dont mind that tundra doesnt have sap, same for the desert.   There isn't a lot in the tundra in real life, this is why Siberia is a miserable place.   Same goes for the desert, not much industry in the Sahara.   

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Fully correct, Grapeshot are working hard to destroy Atlas. Nice graphics, cool ships but the balance developers should better apply for a job at McDonalds.

You would do a favor to the world.

Please no.  They would add beans and rice to the burgers and triple the amount of pickles and when people complain they would reduce the amount of burger meat.

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well they are meant to be harsh.   I dont mind that tundra doesnt have sap, same for the desert.   There isn't a lot in the tundra in real life, this is why Siberia is a miserable place.   Same goes for the desert, not much industry in the Sahara.   

There are valuable resources tho in Siberia, which makes industries go there to exploit them, if atleast Tundra would have something unique that you could trade for SAP it would make sense, but what are people in Tundra supposed to trade, all the basic mats, inlcuding metal are way more accessible in the central regions, Tundra has nothing of value, expect a bit of land those who got shafted at the beginning call home.

Edited by Astiria
spelling

2 minutes ago, Astiria said:

There are valuable resources tho in Siberia, which makes industries go there to exploit them, if atleast Tundra would have something unique that you could trade for SAP it would make sense, but what are people in Tundra supposed to trade, all the basic mats, inlcuding metal are way more accessible in the central regions, Tundra has nothing of value, expect a bit of land those who got shafted at the beginning call home.

I think they should make oil and metal more plentiful in tundra and deserts, to promote a reason to live there.. but keep the lack of sap a thing there.  

Tropics should have large amounts of sap and fiber, but low amounts of metal and oil.

Temperate should have a little bit of everything.. making it ideal as a jack of all but master of none.   

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think they should make oil and metal more plentiful in tundra and deserts, to promote a reason to live there.. but keep the lack of sap a thing there.  

Tropics should have large amounts of sap and fiber, but low amounts of metal and oil.

Temperate should have a little bit of everything.. making it ideal as a jack of all but master of none.   

Nope. That's entirely too logical. Fail.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lilith said:

Oh so wrong.  We have ummm berries. Out the ass we have berries! Oh wait, nvm.

5 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh so wrong.  We have ummm berries. Out the ass we have berries! Oh wait, nvm.

Where I was at we have potatoes... oh the potatoes.

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Where I was at we have potatoes... oh the potatoes.

Well, I guess I should feel lucky. I mean I can use berries to tame... provided I don't mind using 50 bolas and wasting an hour to do it.  But I'm sure that'll be rectified just as soon as they make paste and metal a requirement to make bolas too. (Shit I should stop giving them ideas *sigh*)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Well, I guess I should feel lucky. I mean I can use berries to tame... provided I don't mind using 50 bolas and wasting an hour to do it.  But I'm sure that'll be rectified just as soon as they make paste and metal a requirement to make bolas too. (Shit I should stop giving them ideas *sigh*)

This one will be on you! 😉

5 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You dude I heard you like paste, so I made it so you have to have paste to make your paste.  -Grapeshot

12 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Thankfully Mods for Unofficial have already been made to revert Stone construction back to what it was, so no more metal and paste needed.  They also have a bola that doesn't break or have a time expiration which lets the animal free.  More reasons to never waste time on Official servers.  😄

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

Thankfully Mods for Unofficial have already been made to revert Stone construction back to what it was, so no more metal and paste needed.  They also have a bola that doesn't break or have a time expiration which lets the animal free.  More reasons to never waste time on Official servers.  😄

Give me one server with humans playing it and guarantee that server won't simply blink out of existence, wiping out everything I do, and I'm gone from here.

Oh, and an NPC who will make a potion that will knock 20 years off your character's age for 250 gold.  🙂  I like that one!  I hope the admin on the Unofficial I play on will add that one, if nothing else.  We don't use mods at the prestent time.