Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well funny you mention it...

We just recently "liberated" this wonderful fixer upper from some unruly neighbors.  Selling it to the right buyer.  

Oh nice work!
Unfortunately we are already established here. But thanks for the offer.

Soooo, now they are going to make wood the required building item by making stone too difficult to make. In that regards what animal can we tame to get wood easier. At least on ARK, there was always one tame or another that helped in what ever you wanted to gather. Herewe have an ostrich and giraffe, both of which are USELESS. I use my metal hatchet and out gather both combined.

Again. I ask all to post your thoughts on your own thread. Dev's are not going to read all these posts. At this point we are just talking between ourselves.

35 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

@Jatheish might wanna check that feedback

At this point I’m almost as pissed off at the lack of response from the dev team then the actual change it self. Both are TERRIBLE. If you are going to break the game and piss off 80%+ of your community atleast explain why you thought those changes were good ideas. Needs to be reverted.

Edited by SockStink
  • Like 3

Just now, Endo Fett said:

lol you’re kidding right? 

what do you mean? it would be in the devs best interest to listen to their playerbase right?

Just now, gumbyc said:

Soooo, now they are going to make wood the required building item by making stone too difficult to make. In that regards what animal can we tame to get wood easier. At least on ARK, there was always one tame or another that helped in what ever you wanted to gather. Herewe have an ostrich and giraffe, both of which are USELESS. I use my metal hatchet and out gather both combined.

Again. I ask all to post your thoughts on your own thread. Dev's are not going to read all these posts. At this point we are just talking between ourselves.

You use an elephant...pretty well known by now.

And the size of the thread and that it is “hot” will draw more attention than many dispirate posts. 

1 minute ago, SockStink said:

At this point I’m almost as pissed off at the lack of respond from the dev team then the actual change it self. Both are TERRIBLE. If you are going to break the game and piss off 80%+ of your community atleast explain why you thought those changes were good ideas. Needs to be reverted.

Couldn’t agree more!

So this is what the Devs should have done:

Allow for tiered walls.

Tier 1 (The original type of stone wall that we can currently use)
Tier 2 (The new version of stone wall with organic paste that we see here)
Tier 3 (4x the amount of resources)

Either the graphic of the stone is changed when you upgrade for a visual ability or you can either go up to the wall or use the scope to check the tier of the wall/building structure.

This way it benefits new players by still allowing them to build walls and established players by allowing them to upgrade walls through the means of trade and transportation of goods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xenobiaa said:

what do you mean? it would be in the devs best interest to listen to their playerbase right?

Of course, but expecting them too do so is like expecting the sun not to rise.

• Like 2

Just now, Endo Fett said:

blow the thread up until they cant ignore it, ppl are already doing a good job on reddit

• Like 1

This is  insane.

Stone structures are expensive enough, we don't have saps on our Island and barely in our sector. Please remove that nonesense.

Edited by neoloid
  • Like 1

we need to make it clear having more methods of crafting paste isnt a good solution either, we want old stone costs back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

Never lived up north have you?  

I can remember growing up in Alaska and watching the sun set for the last time for a couple of months....  good times.  

• Like 2

Instead of increased costs, I'd love to see a system where you can invest resources into single tiles to increase their health.  This would lead to smaller base sizes that take just as much time as larger ones, but with the same raid protection for the time invested.  Would both solve the lag, and solve the problem the increased costs create by making raiding much easier than building.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SockStink said:

At this point I’m almost as pissed off at the lack of respond from the dev team then the actual change it self. Both are TERRIBLE. If you are going to break the game and piss off 80%+ of your community atleast explain why you thought those changes were good ideas. Needs to be reverted.

Sorry folks, I gotta do this again...

ElYIUKq.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Vloshko said:

BTW, if anyone want to post about it across multiple websites, don't forget this one.

I do not have a twitter account and have never felt the need for one. If someone would like to crosspost that image to other places, feel free.

27 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

Elephant= Wood

Rhino = Stone

Bear = Thatch, Fiber

There are a dozen other uses for other animals.. some are purely transport animals (which is kind of useless here.)

And for those who think 1 explosive barrel is going to blow through your walls.. nope.. an explosive barrel placed RIGHT next to the wall, and you will still need 2 maybe even 3 of them to blow through the wall.  And those barrels are not cheap to make.

16 minutes ago, Spiritwind said:

Instead of increased costs, I'd love to see a system where you can invest resources into single tiles to increase their health.  This would lead to smaller base sizes that take just as much time as larger ones, but with the same raid protection for the time invested.  Would both solve the lag, and solve the problem the increased costs create by making raiding much easier than building.

What a fantastic idea, HIRE THIS MAN. 

Edited by SockStink
  • Like 3

The megatribes just started crying a river to Jat over small tribes building a defence. This could of course not be allowed as it slowed down trolling, lolstomping and steamrolling.

A genius solution was found : Galleons no longer need 3 broadsides to crush a large stone gate and the ship behind but just one..cool !

To prevent small tribes from placing new stone gates (that now can be crushed in just one broadside) they had a perfect idea : Why not request a ressource that is not available on this island ? SAP !

Perfect troll-lol game now, better build with thatch.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Talono said:

The megatribes just started crying a river to Jat over small tribes building a defence. This could of course not be allowed as it slowed down trolling, lolstomping and steamrolling.

A genius solution was found : Galleons no longer need 3 broadsides to crush a large stone gate and the ship behind but just one..cool !

To prevent small tribes from placing new stone gates (that now can be crushed in just one broadside) they had a perfect idea : Why not request a ressource that is not available on this island ? SAP !

Perfect troll-lol game now, better build with thatch.

Megatribes are losing in this deal. Small tribes couldn't compete before, and still can't. The difference is now small tribes can actually raid mega tribes. Before it was a basic impossibility. Now you can do serious damage with a sloop, a cannon, a bear, a cart and 10 explosive barrels. Something I can, personally attest, can be done in a couple of hours by a single person. 

There is no mega-tribe puppetmaster pulling the strings here. The developers are just dumb and unable to comprehend basic game balance. 

• Like 2