Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

10 Barrels will cave out a 3x3x3 area of stone. Pre-patch. Now it's like 3 barrels. Barrels can be fired from Bears. We can farm 1k Barrels an hour (Or so on average) with two people. Bases need to defend at least one direction, and at most 5 directions, meaning that if I can break 1 wall, the defender *should* be able to craft 5 walls for the same time investment. As it stands, I can craft more explosives to raid then a defender can feasibly craft defenses to stop it. 

Can do that with just cannons, let alone barrels.  We've not messed with barrels, but that is plum scary.  It means they could collapse our sky scrapper with just an hour of grinding, which took us about a week to build.  

We know from experience (raiding others) that we can farm up enough cannonballs to raid a base that took large groups massive amounts of time to build in just 30 minutes.  We've already done it multiple times, and this is when we get raided and retaliate, so not only is that 30 minutes just farming cannon balls, that is starting from the stage where you are hitting trees and rocks with your fists.  

So, not only do I get to travel for hours inbetween manufacturing because my schooner can't hold everything I need even fully invested in weight..... but I get to constantly deal with TOO MANY GHOST SHIPS and Heat-Seeking Cyclones that spawn and home in on me SEVEN AT A TIME!!!

There comes a point where it becomes ridiculous, and we are rapidly reaching that point......

Which serves to illustrate my point, exactly, Ellentro 🙂

These devs need to cut back toking up on the job.... LOL

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Don't say that.  The EVE Online community got together a number of years ago and had the first case of MMO in-game rioting to protest proposed microtransactions.  I know, I was part of those riots.

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-players-protest-against-monocle-pricesmicrotransactions-lasers-involved/

CCP who makes EVE capitulated and even changed an in-game monument to commemorate those riots.

"This was once a memorial to the winners of a riddle contest sponsored by late entrepreneur Ruevo Aram. After standing proud for half a decade, it was destroyed in late YC113 by capsuleers who were staging a mass uprising against an intolerable status quo of intergalactic affairs. Today, the ruins of this once-great work of art stand as a testament to the fact that change is the universe's only constant."

Well I would never encourage nor take part in any kind of riot. A riot is an excuse to carry out disorder.

Just now, Mortavius said:

So, not only do I get to travel for hours inbetween manufacturing because my schooner can't hold everything I need even fully invested in weight..... but I get to constantly deal with TOO MANY GHOST SHIPS and Heat-Seeking Cyclones that spawn and home in on me SEVEN AT A TIME!!!

There comes a point where it becomes ridiculous, and we are rapidly reaching that point......20190122182518_1.thumb.jpg.a761459fe461c8c95f44660288d70d8d.jpg

I know what you mean on heat seeking cyclones.  Prior to us having a brig, we never once saw a cyclone get close enough to even be in view from our base.  Drop a brig, next rainstorm and we suddenly have one that dead heads right for it.  Now almost every time it rains, our brig takes damage by a couple hitting it.  

• Like 3

There were in-game riots way berfore EVE....... we had them back in EverQuest and the Great Metaphysicist Protest March in Anarchy Online.

And, THIS is a perfect excuse to riot!

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

There were in-game riots way berfore EVE....... we had them back in EverQuest and the Great Metaphysicist Protest March in Anarchy Online And, THIS is a perfect excuse to riot!

Well I would never encourage nor take part in any kind of riot. A riot is an excuse to carry out disorder.

Do you mean Riot? Roit is not the same thing as Protesting. I can understand a protest or boycott to login and play but a riot makes no sense at all.

Edited by vaylain

5 minutes ago, Spiritwind said:

Can do that with just cannons, let alone barrels.  We've not messed with barrels, but that is plum scary.  It means they could collapse our sky scrapper with just an hour of grinding, which took us about a week to build.  

We know from experience (raiding others) that we can farm up enough cannonballs to raid a base that took large groups massive amounts of time to build in just 30 minutes.  We've already done it multiple times, and this is when we get raided and retaliate, so not only is that 30 minutes just farming cannon balls, that is starting from the stage where you are hitting trees and rocks with your fists.  

Thats half the problem. Most of the playerbase has not even touched explosives. At all. So very few people have any idea how/where/why they work, and they just gave them a 250% buff. 

Actually, very few people anywhere have really even attempted large scale ground raids, so almost no one, if not no one, knows how it would work if two effective, efficient and large tribes tried to duke it out. It leads to these situations. My war bear has 1.4k HP. A full blunderbuss to the face does around 70 damage. Only thing that can feasibly kill it is a tiger, but the Swivel Cannon on the back rapes anything that comes near. Literally anything. It one taps through plate and fires like 6 times a second. I just whistle another bear cart to follow me, walk up to a base, load up barrels, drop 3, boom, base demo'd.

• Like 1

Just now, vaylain said:

Do you mean Riot? Roit is not the same thing as Protesting. I can understand a protest or boycott to login and play but a riot makes no sense at all.

I was responding to the other person that said riots, so yes i mean riots.

I actually like the change, raiding is easier, people will not build these crazy structures anymore and hopefully more people will be found at sea. Had a few large ship battles and it was the most fun I have ever had in this game. Hopefully, this gets people out again and stops all the hiding in bases...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

This is just gonna send more people to private servers with the higher rate of gathering. I'd love to know how many people are actually on officials and  how many of the 24k are on private at this moment. Just gets to a point when there is to much grinding to make stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Lb9591 said:

I actually like the change, raiding is easier, people will not build these crazy structures anymore and hopefully more people will be found at sea. Had a few large ship battles and it was the most fun I have ever had in this game. Hopefully, this gets people out again and stops all the hiding in bases...

2 words  Land Claim

Just now, Sadie Blackhawk said:

This is just gonna send more people to private servers with the higher rate of gathering. I'd love to know how many people are actually on officials and  how many of the 24k are on private at this moment. Just gets to a point when there is to much grinding to make stuff. 

Most of the Streamers are on private servers that's why the game looks so good.

5 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Before this change our grid averaged about 35 players.  Prior to the not spawn on lawless update, it was usually close to 125.  After that update is when it immediately plummeted.  Most zones I travel to seem to be around 35 players too.  Looking forward to what it drops down to after this update...

Edit:

Just logged on.  Day one of the new patch, server is down from the 35 player average to 20 players at this moment.  Lowest I've ever seen it.  Also, looks like we will be raiding the chinese on our southern island.

d615ef250c3e949b82794834ba90b7c0.png.a0454349ed59b715775b53e011c83ec6.png

Edited by Spiritwind

20 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Don't say that.  The EVE Online community got together a number of years ago and had the first case of MMO in-game rioting to protest proposed microtransactions.  I know, I was part of those riots.

https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-players-protest-against-monocle-pricesmicrotransactions-lasers-involved/

CCP who makes EVE capitulated and even changed an in-game monument to commemorate those riots.

"This was once a memorial to the winners of a riddle contest sponsored by late entrepreneur Ruevo Aram. After standing proud for half a decade, it was destroyed in late YC113 by capsuleers who were staging a mass uprising against an intolerable status quo of intergalactic affairs. Today, the ruins of this once-great work of art stand as a testament to the fact that change is the universe's only constant."

They also have other fun little nods to their mistakes... like Boots.ini for when they had a patch that accidentally deleted a few peoples boot.ini file on their PC making there computer useless on a restart.  

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

2 words  Land Claim

Most of the Streamers are on private servers that's why the game looks so good.

I have toons on private servers too. I honestly don't wanna be max lvl and learn everything within a few hours of playing. I play offiicals to kinda meander my way through things. But this when having to travel several hours a day to get stuff. My tames dying daily so I have to re-tame constantly due to the abundance of alpha critters. Now fun is back to being a job seriously.

One less person is going to be found at sea, because if this doesn't change, is signifies a trend that I don't like and won't tolerate. I'm done.

Better hope more people don't think like me if you want people to fight. On the upside, your frame-rates will improve. I've spent more money on dinner and as a result, shat out and flushed more money down my crapper than I spent on this game. Not a big deal for me to flush this too. Plenty of new games coming out. They've just dropped below my "fun for time" threshold....

In the cost versus benefit analysis, the cost of time versus the payoff in fun is no longer worth it for me. There are more fun games I can play and more fun things I can do that require less time. This game is only one of hundreds of thousands of options. Maybe it will pull a "No Man's Sky" and mange to pull itself out of the crapper..... but until then, no sense playing it. If they don't roll it back, I'll be on far less... if at all. Too bad for my guild, since I'm the one that gave up all combat abilities to be a primary crafter. A lot isn't gonna get built when I'm gone. I wonder what effect that will have on the guild, hmm? Let's find out, shall we?

• Like 4

Lost in a lot of this is the reduction of cost of thatch buildings. Great we make it easier to spam foundations in lawless and what not.

• Like 3

Giving people who are inclined the perfect protest tool...... spawn disruption.

Like I said, these devs need to stop smoking up on the job.... because you'd have to be high not to see how these changes will play out.

9 minutes ago, AtlasRyan said:

Lost in a lot of this is the reduction of cost of thatch buildings. Great we make it easier to spam foundations in lawless and what not.

Oh man I ran across one island on NA PVE think it was J8 /k8 or something. It was covered from front to back in wood foundations. We were elephant hunting. Was terrible. They really need to put a rapid decay on single foundtions.

I feel if they need to do this, I feel organic paste should be able to be crafted out of animal meat and fiber or something..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taks118 said:

I feel if they need to do this, I feel organic paste should be able to be crafted out of animal meat and fiber or something..

Not just the paste hon. You need metal too. Not all islands have an abundance and metal is heavy to carry.

• Like 1