Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You can make organic paste out of choral too.... that just requires a bit of diving.  

0 coral. I just looked.

My personal opinion, there should be tiers not increased astronomical cost. 

Just to keep it short and sweet, this is a horrendous change that will surely damage the games reputation as well as player count.

• Like 3

Game went from crap (launch) to ok (before FoY) to retarded (FoY and stone build mats).

Shame that a game that actually held so much promise screwed itself over with an abundance of bad decisions.

I hope this will result in a mass exodus away from the what is a ..well.. sinking ship..

• Like 2

u cant even defense ur base, so rebuilding is even harder......gg devs. just revert the stone structure and add a new structure like metal

The fact that they haven’t responded to the obvious outrage, or made any kind of statement detailing the reasons for such a drastic change, means they knew it would piss us off and they don’t care.

This pretty much kills any hope for the game’s development for me. I was cautious with my expecations after Ark, and unfortunately I was right.

This company lacks the talent to succeed and the will to invest in itself.

They are doomed to produce a wildly mediocre product, that fails to meet even the most reasonable expectation, if they continue this way.

• Like 2

Inconceivable! The Freeports are now selling loot boxes that offer a chance to win sap!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

I don't understand the economy around stone (not structures).

Stone pretty much had it´s only usage in stone structures, yet now you need 40 stone and 32 metal. The sugar and fiber you can harvest in large amounts if you want make it into paste on a ship. However stone structures is now effectively metal structures. And if people move to wood, stone as a resource is obsolete in the game.

11 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am just offering ideas.  Ultimately it is up to you to choose to act.  You can either be a victim and sit there and wallow in yourself pitty or you can take action.  

I prefer to think of myself as a player.  But apparently giving me the title of victim is quite appropriate.

Thanks, but had this been different would you have seriously given up everything you've built to move to another biome because of a nerf?

8 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

The fact of the matter is I don't think they care, being as this was originally an Ark Mod, they have made a small fortune from the minor changes they had to make, the fact they only released 4 official servers shows they don't want to spend money, Before you know it there will be Micro Transaction Vendors in freeports selling Organic Paste.

Would not really call this a mod, and would not call the changes small.  After playing 240 hours in the short time its been in early access, it does feel like a different game.  Yes, a lot of aspects are the same and a lot of the code was used, but that is typical in the modern game world.  Take a look at about 80% of the AAA games out there.  You'll find most share the same core mechanics as their previous titles.  Most would probably have about 70% of the same code base as their previous games.  Its much easier to work off a complete game than starting from scratch again, and its feasible to use the same working mechanics in a new game with a similar vision.  

Players saying this is nothing but a mod really need to take a step back and look around them.  The whole menu thing is not serious news in the game development world.  Just streamers and youtubers trying to capitalize on the general publics stupidity and/or obliviousness to the game development world for upvotes and the "wow" factor of views.  Of course they started with a copy and paste.  Rarely ever do you see a game now that starts from scratch, and most of the time those projects are massive ones that take much more time than Atlas to be in partially working order.

What really matters is the changes they are making now.  If they are good or bad, if they work, if they are stable, and most importantly, if they are fun.  This is a change that isn't fun and does not work, not unless they are trying to turn atlas into nothing but a constant grind, where you either have 3 choices, 1. Build a ship daily and stay on the seas.  2. Build a base and get raided constantly because its much much easier for it to be raided than it is to build it.  3. Join a massive company group and live off their main base, doing nothing but grinding for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shintai said:

I don't understand the economy around stone (not structures).

Stone pretty much had it´s only usage in stone structures, yet now you need 40 stone and 32 metal. The sugar and fiber you can harvest in large amounts if you want make it into paste on a ship. However stone structures is now effectively metal structures. And if people move to wood, stone as a resource is obsolete in the game.

this is it , players will spec away from stone saving themselfs 17 points to place elswhere 

1 minute ago, MasterFiren said:

Our Base before latest patch20190124185127_1.thumb.jpg.a27b2dd71ccce5e10bace0f484662348.jpg

Our Base if we decidet to build a base now

20190124185505_1.thumb.jpg.60bc557be785017b6ff508a111f07c5d.jpg

Lol, talk about wasting resources to build that one by one....sheesh!

• Like 1

its pretty simple devs, roll back the change to stone structures, keep the damage to them (maybe reduce it by a little bit)

Just now, xenobiaa said:

its pretty simple devs, roll back the change to stone structures, keep the damage to them (maybe reduce it by a little bit)

Definitely reduce the damage to stone by a lot or increase the cost of siege ammo and explosive materials to make it fair.

10 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

The fact that they haven’t responded to the obvious outrage, or made any kind of statement detailing the reasons for such a drastic change, means they knew it would piss us off and they don’t care.

This pretty much kills any hope for the game’s development for me. I was cautious with my expecations after Ark, and unfortunately I was right.

This company lacks the talent to succeed and the will to invest in itself.

They are doomed to produce a wildly mediocre product, that fails to meet even the most reasonable expectation, if they continue this way.

Since they haven't responded, chances are they are hoping we will find out its not so bad, and will move on and forget about the change.  It does make sense for us to give it a few days before complaining, though most of us know that this change will not work right in the long run.  At least not for those of us that live pretty far from a sap supply.  If sap were more prevelant in regions where it is currently lacking, then I'd understand this change.  Stone building parts were on the cheaper side, and easy to mass produce once you got the right mounts for collecting.  Though making them require a resource that is pretty hard to come by in some zones is kind of crazy.  

Edited by Spiritwind

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Lol, talk about wasting resources to build that one by one....sheesh!

OMG I nearly spit my coffee everywhere. That shit was funny!:classic_biggrin:

Just now, vaylain said:

Definitely reduce the damage to stone by a lot or increase the cost of siege ammo and explosive materials to make it fair.

no remove the new cost, implement the old one, let people have stone fucking bases, keep the damage to stone, introduce reinforced stone thats stronger but more expensive, ezpz

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

The dev's

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spiritwind said:

Since they haven't responded, chances are they are hoping we will find out its not so bad, and will move on and forget about the change.  It does make sense for us to give it a few days before complaining, though most of us know that this change will not work right in the long run.  At least not for those of us that live pretty far from a sap supply.  

Nope, Grapeshot is like a dog, you gotta push their nose in their own poop immediately after they take their crap!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xenobiaa said:

no remove the new cost, implement the old one, let people have stone fucking bases, keep the damage to stone, introduce reinforced stone thats stronger but more expensive, ezpz

Or just add metal bases. We are not cavemen, we could totally figure out how to master metal.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The dev's

giphy.gif

the absolute truth, and its sad because i had such high hopes for grapeshot but i guess you cant get away from the cancer of the old ark devs.

Just now, vaylain said:

Or just add metal bases. We are not cavemen, we could totally figure out how to master metal.

no just go play ark for metal bases, they are already adding cancer pteradons riding, we dont need more ark stuff but less.

• Like 1

reinforced stone fits the theme of the game and fits the need to have a more expensive structure. BOOM everyone wins, comon its not that hard devs

10 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

idk man, our group knows to honeycomb bases, but 90% of the bases we have raided have been pretty large but we only needed to blow one or two walls down to have access to their entire base.  Blowing two walls down before the change maybe took 10 minutes for our group of 5 to farm.  Most the bases we raided had been in the works for days.  Even prior to the change, raiding bases were already too easy in our opinion.  Now it'll be a breeze, and if this isn't reverted, we've already decided we are either going to leave, or we will do nothing but raid.  No more farming for us either way it'd seem, now much easier to just do nothing but build a sloop right of the bat, throw a single cannon on it, and hit the shores looking for beach bases.  

To give you an idea, about 2 weeks ago we got wiped out (all our ships sunk and all our bases hit) by a chinese group in our zone that had 20 people.  We cut our loses, built a sloop, didn't bother with weapons or armor, smacked a cannon on it with some cannon balls, and 30 minutes later we hit the sea, went to their base, sunk their entire fleet (a bunch of sloops, 3 schooners, 2 brigs, and a galleon if I remember right).  Then knocked their walls down, raided them, and right when we jumped on our ship with the last load of their resources, they finally made it back to their base and chased up for quite a while before one of our guys jumped off and distracted them so we could gain distance.  We went home, repaired our base, stashed everything away, came back, sunk their last ship while they were repairing, sailed off once again, and that was the last we ever saw of that group.  Was stupidly easy to grind up enough (30 minutes) to destroy weeks of progress their 20 man group made, let alone for them to do the same to us with our little 5 man group.  The only difference between us and them is we kept going after getting wiped out, they didn't.  This is the 3rd large chinese group we've been raided by, and the 3rd chinese group we wiped off Atlas within 24 hours of having been raided.

Now the 30 minute grind to take down these types of groups (or us) will be 12 minutes with this +60% damage.

Edited by Spiritwind
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

0 coral. I just looked.

Its okay I dont have coral either and I live in a temperate zone.. I looked.. I have Jute, and pearls... 

17 minutes ago, MasterFiren said:

Our Base before latest patch20190124185127_1.thumb.jpg.a27b2dd71ccce5e10bace0f484662348.jpg

Our Base if we decidet to build a base now

20190124185505_1.thumb.jpg.60bc557be785017b6ff508a111f07c5d.jpg

I can just see my frame rates dropping in that first picture.

The demand for stone structures has changed dramatically. The elements now come in organic paste and metal, making construction impossible. Please return to normal mode!

• Like 2