Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

8 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

Devs have you ever heard the expression "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" WTF you done to the materials needed for crafting Stone, now you need Metal AND Organic paste, I get using metal in the gates that has always been fine but now you  added it to every thing please just for once use your brains and rollback this change, you screwed the game up last patch now you are just making it worse.

Well it’s the way they want it. Doesn’t matter if it is good or bad, they know you will keep playing so it isn’t on them.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well it’s the way they want it. Doesn’t matter if it is good or bad, they know you will keep playing so it isn’t on them.

Oh that make it alright then ^^ 

Whoever came up with this adding paste and steel sorry but why, its bad enough you have foundations weighing the same weight as walls and doors which is not possible But now this and allow more damage. We went through this in ark pvp and pve is different and you focused so hard on pvp in ark you lost alot of players the 2 are different.,

Ark taught alot of things and many should have came through with this game and of course it is alpha but as a player stated if it isnt broke leave it. Some island have half the requirements for stone walls at a 30% chance so if anyone wants stone good luck not going to happen. Many people bought the game for taming.breeding,and def building but please pvp and pve are 2 very different just because it may work on pvp doesn't mean we need it on pve. 

fyi bulls should be pulling carts

3 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Oh that make it alright then ^^ 

No, you didn’t see what I said? Good or bad. I didn’t say it was alright or justified. 

I am saying this company knows you will keep playing no matter what so they can do what they not. Definitely not good but it is the truth 

@JatheishTake the crayons away from your minions and do some proper QA. This is absolutely ridiculous(This, in the given context, refers to stone wall costs, the ease at which people can raid, and AI invincibility on puckles).

1.) Paste should never be a necessary component for building stone structures.

2.) The base cost of cannon ammo is far too low for how easy it is to destroy structures. 

3.) Static defenses are great for smaller tribes, but if someone can foundation your base out of range of that defense, then what's the purpose? 

Does your team consider how certain changes will propagate through both PvP and PvE? The implications of your current changes are overwhelmingly bad and the lack of foresight is a quick way to deter current and future players from an already lag-ridden game.

Edited by Animal33
  • Like 1

I think WC went to the local re**** school and hired them all for devs. Or something equally as stupid for them to come up with a change like this. At least add some kind of sap in the Tundra and other locations lacking in it.

Not to mention not only did they add a very rare/hard to get resource to stone mats in a high amount but they also nerfed the stone damage protection as well. They take 250% more damage from explosive weapons but also they increase siege weapons by 60%. So now the fastest way to take out a stone building is to use a siege weapon to fire explosive rounds/barrels which will just melt stone building like butter in a blast furnace

so basically they want stone and wood structures to have same protection value but if you want a stone looking building you have to pay a very high cost

• Like 1

I don't understand those changes. I'm looking at the new cost for the stone structures and it makes me go "meh" because I'm in one of the biggest company of EU PvP and we are on a "Paradise" type island where honey/sugarcane is as plentyful as rocks and fiber, waterfalls and clean water rivers, pure metal nodes are everywhere, crystals on montain tops, ...

We are just gonna quadruple honeycomb everything instead of our current double layers to offset the changes and not put a single dent in our resources vault.

But small companies that had to settle for the crumbs that no one wanted, like polar/tundra land are fucked. (Still don't understand why there is no huge incentive/reward/access to exclusive ressources when living over there in exchange of the perma freezing weather and the lack of essential resources like sap and fiber).

"So it gives people an incentive to battle for one of those paradise island you live on."

Heh, good luck removing our bases on top of natural stone pilars that no ground canon can reach and no glider/climber can land on because of our new invincible puckle NPC covering every angles of it. (Yeah, I know, mortars, ... we have those too if you manage to build one and we have more walls too)

Edited by James Sulivan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap!...WTF Grapeshot?! So now it is freaking ridiculously cheap to blow up stone bases and you made it extremely hard, nearly impossible for most players to acquire the necessary resources to build stone structures? Soon, mega tribes are just going to turtle up and build barriers around the SAP resource, effectively raping the rest of the server. Way to poop on your faithful player-base!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Astiria said:

Don´t give them anymore stupid ideas please

They seem to be doing a fine job of coming up with stupid ideas on their own. 

6 hours ago, Evir said:

what exactly is the point of building stone in PVE anyway? Just build a small stone fence around your base to keep animals away, it isnt like you actually have anything to fear, no one is going to attack you. You can literally just live in wood or thatch, as long as you have a 2 high stone wall around your base.

Because things like alpha cobras blow right past fences, stone or otherwise, and proceed to eat your wooden base, so there's that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Holy crap!...WTF Grapeshot?! So now it is freaking ridiculously cheap to blow up stone bases and you made it so hard for most players to acquire the necessary resources to build stone structures? Way to poop on your faithful player-base!

After the fight we had this past weekend I have to disagree with you on how cheap it is to blow up a stone base. 

We made over 400 mortar shots, used EVERY ONE OF THEM to take down the base we were attacking, and we only used them on structures with people IN them.  Then you have the 300 large cannon ball shot we used, the 600 medium cannon ball shots, the 200 grapeshot... the countless miniball, and carbines...  yes cheap..... it took us over 7 hours to take a defended fort from another company that had layered their defenses.   

I respecced out of stone crafting can someone please add Metal and Organic Paste to this build please

I have used in my Base

704 Stone Floor

752 Stone Walls

300 Stone Ceilings

92 Roofs

3 Small Gate Ways

3 Small gates

1 Large Gateway

1 large Gate

22 Stone Doors

To craft that now how much metal and Paste would I need? I am a solo player no company mates to help me out.

Edited by Implicitlee

Changing my review from positive to negative! LOVED this game but i am sick and tired of poor communication. i read the patch notes to see whats coming, constantly sneaking game changing developments into patchs like requiring paste and metal for stone structures with no advance notice?

Simply put, this patch is a game killer.

The only people who can afford stone now are superfriends mega grind guilds that hold multiple territories and have armies of peons to gather literally the tens of thousands of mats it will take to make defenses for a game with no offline protection.  

If this isn't a data mistake, it's gross incompetence.

The age debuff and god-awful-as-f experience trying to get to the fountains with 4fps from shipwreck lag, and now this - caused me to update my review.  I hope you all like it.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/meatmachine/recommended/834910

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

After the fight we had this past weekend I have to disagree with you on how cheap it is to blow up a stone base. 

We made over 400 mortar shots, used EVERY ONE OF THEM to take down the base we were attacking, and we only used them on structures with people IN them.  Then you have the 300 large cannon ball shot we used, the 600 medium cannon ball shots, the 200 grapeshot... the countless miniball, and carbines...  yes cheap..... it took us over 7 hours to take a defended fort from another company that had layered their defenses.   

Thats crazy to think about because, they had a huge base it sounds like with defense. It should take a while to get through. It shouldn't be easy. Now it'll be a hot knife to butter.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

They boosted explosive damage again. 

2 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

Thats crazy to think about because, they had a huge base it sounds like with defense. It should take a while to get through. It shouldn't be easy. Now it'll be a hot knife to butter.

This is the base we took....

3iepexY.jpg

8bp81Gs.jpg

4 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Not really. It was very slow going and expensive compared to the cost what you were raiding. It was more cost effective just to go around sink the enemies then bother hitting their stone bases.

Define slow going, our 4+ layer wall base got entered in less then 30 minutes. I felt like it was a perfect balance. When you decide to raid a base there should be a trade off. Now it’s WAY too easy to wipe people completely off an island which again just helps the Mega clans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

What the hell are you talking about? I don't care about prior to the patch, I am talking about after the patch. Now stone is so easy to destroy in comparison to the costs to reconstruct stone structures. Small companies are F'ked and mega companies will just build impenetrable barriers around the small sap resource nodes preventing the rest of the server from access. If you are lucky they will sell it for extortion rates on the new vendor system at the Freeports, woo hoo!

Edited by vaylain

It's amazing bad decisions had Luke warm reactions of the forums, but you mess with people's building and in turn limit their creativity, man you messed with the hornets nest!

I also hate the change. This happened in the middle of my dock construction and I'm pretty bummed. I hope they revert the change and figure out an alternative to top Teir building. I like the idea of introducing reinforced stone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

It's amazing bad decisions had Luke warm reactions of the forums, but you mess with people's building and in turn limit their creativity, man you messed with the hornets nest!

I also hate the change. This happened in the middle of my dock construction and I'm pretty bummed. I hope they revert the change and figure out an alternative to top Teir building. I like the idea of introducing reinforced stone.

Yes the easy solution to top tier building Put STONE BACK and release Metal Structures this would actually take seconds to do because they can cut and paste the Ini from Ark

So stone now takes more resources to build (us think this makes it stronger) but it is easier to destroy now aswell?

2 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

How about metal? What are we all cavemen, we cannot figure out how to build with metal?