Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

2 hours ago, Jizzah said:

Hopefully the latest log's hinting about a stone crafting requirement reduction.

What am I missing?

One of my bases is on one of the 24% of the islands with Sap.. good for me. The other is not. 

Stone cube was raided and can not be replaced.. well i could kill a few thousands of scorpions to get get the paste for 1 wall.. lol.

On the other hand explosive barrels and gatling mortars one-shot everything.

But this does not seem to concern anybody, friendly discussion about the new bookshelves seems to be by far more important.

I would prefer to receive a protection for these bookshelves before i build them, but well...

Edited by Talono

1 minute ago, Jizzah said:

Yeah, just saw that.  But, also see they are saying to expect the changes in march, which makes me think its not at all related to tweaking or reverting stone base costs.  Probably new features/bigger changes they plan to do.  

1 minute ago, Spiritwind said:

Yeah, just saw that.  But, also see they are saying to expect the changes in march, which makes me think its not at all related to tweaking or reverting stone base costs.  Probably new features/bigger changes they plan to do.  

Read it again bud.  They're talking about balance patches coming in before Feb's main one.

"Between now and February’s Mega update, you’ll see a number of patches which will help improve various aspects of the game based on your feedback."

• Like 1

From what i see , they won't remove the paste cost  from stone building , however , they *may be * try to make sap available across region and nerf to ammo cost which i suspect increasing in metal cost and even have fire gel .

Finally found where Jat commented on stone...

d616b2f4cffca4d5b125a583bc191fa2.png

This team really needs to learn how to communicate with their players/fans.

Edited by Spiritwind

On 1/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, Spiritwind said:

Finally found where Jat commented on stone...

d616b2f4cffca4d5b125a583bc191fa2.png

This team really needs to learn how to communicate with their players/fans.

What I take from this, and of course everyone is free to weigh in, is that the stone changes were intended to be part of a larger series of changes to the build mechanics generally, but they for some reason felt compelled to implement a specific aspect of the build mechanics changes in the form of the stone recipe changes. However, if this was the case, rolling out one huge game-changing tweak without the rest of the changes that would give that one tweak some context mechanics-wise was exactly the wrong way to do it, just as rolling out the FoY questline haphazardly as a solution to a self-created problem (of players aging faster than they should have in the first month of an EA release - having players reach age 90 in a month is nonsensical within the context of the greater game) without considering the ramifications and knock-on/collateral effects of forcing a whole game's worth of playerbase to swarm a single zone was also exactly the wrong way to implement some form of age reversal before the general mechanics for handling aging and lineage were implemented.

I've been a software developer for a long, long time. I've written commercial software since 1996 and have slung code as a hobby since 1981. One of the things they teach you in comp-sci is that you really really don't want to implement a change to only one algorithm if that algorithm is dependent upon a number of other algorithms unless you've extensively tested the change to make sure you don't break everything by changing one thing, until you're absolutely sure that changing the one algorithm doesn't have unanticipated ripple effects through the others that interact with it. Nothing about either the FoY implementaion or the stone changes show signs of having been carefully thought out and tested against the rest of the game proper, to make sure the changes make sense within the context of the greater whole  - instead it feels like the only testing that was done was to make sure the whole thing didn't crash. It feels like a rushed patch, an attempt to throw a solution, in the case of the stone changes to a (very very) possibly nonexistent problem, or in the case of FoY at a problem they themselves created, at the wall and see if it'll stick. And all both patches did was make the game a lot less fun than it was before. They didn't improve the gameplay experience, but instead took the gameplay experience in the opposite direction.

Gonna repeat that last line for emphasis. Hopefully the devs see it.

All FoY and revamping the stone building tier did was make the game significantly less fun. This is not the direction you want to go with an EA title if you want it to ever reach release.

2 hours ago, Actium Praetor said:

All FoY and revamping the stone building tier did was make the game significantly less fun. This is not the direction you want to go with an EA title if you want it to ever reach release.

Quoted for emphasis. Something is deeply wrong with the prioritization and decision-making process at Grapeshot. We're about a week out from the stone nerf and more than two weeks out from the introduction of FoY. The captain's log made it sound like they understand their mistake, but the lack of action speaks louder than words.

Yea been trying to continue to live on with the slightly nerfed stone cost but still the super ease of slicing through with cannons and the continual oflfine raiding. Slowly getting bored of logging in and spending every few days rebuilding just to have it taken in a few hours to then rebuild and repeat the cycle. May just turn into a vagabond for a while on official and work on discovery points. Login, build a ship, sail to as many islands as I can, logout wherever and hope I don't get killed, if I do, repeat. At least I will be making progress then.

Guys ! Yesterday i managed to build a 3rd stone wall on my tropical no-sap island ! Yeah !

The forth wall will come and next month i will work on a ... STONE DOOR !

This is possible by mass slaughtering of scorpions, please dont report me to Greenpeace 😂

Edited by Talono

As a 3 man crew i will admit we do our own buildings but the stone cost yet high I agree is not un doable just makes doing it less desirable for me.. lol I would like to see stone revert back but it isn't stopping me from making the things out of stone that I need to be stone.. Just slows it down ALOT.. lol In 1 day after the stone nerf I can turn out at least 120 stone pieces but that does take an entire day vs before nerf I was able to do at least 350 easy..

I can not recommend to build with stone. Today a single bear cart destroyed a giant stone honeycomb base in a few minutes down to the last foundation. Stone is like cardhouse at the moment.

• Like 1

Just logged in for the first time in like a week. Two weeks ago there would be 50+ people on at this time of night in our little slice of game world. Just now there were five.

FIVE players. On a previously pretty active square of map. That's a 90% player count drop.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, Talono said:

I can not recommend to build with stone. Today a single bear cart destroyed a giant stone honeycomb base in a few minutes down to the last foundation. Stone is like cardhouse at the moment.

This. This is exactly why the building requirements are a secondary issue for PvP.

It's so much effort to build a structure now, and so easy to destroy it. Even if they rollback the sap/metal from the recipe, it's still a problem that they are so weak and can't withstand a bit of cannon fire. You have to join a large company, play unofficial, or just accept that you will spend your time starting from scratch each day.

In PvP if you can't maintain a reasonably secure base, you can't build ships or actually go out and do anything fun.  It's no wonder companies quitting. Please rethink this destabilizing change Grapeshot, you were doing pretty well up until the FoY and stone change.