Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

I dont want an elephant or a rhino, or a bear... or even a bull... I have 2 chickens and a rabbit because I wanted something different.  Nothing else.

So for you and your little animals and such great, for the rest of us who actually like taming and having the larger animals, 11x11 is a good small building.

---------------------

At current building in the water out of all wood is the most practical building and almost the safest even on pvp given how weak stone is and how much of a pain it is compared to multilayered wood

-----------------
won't even get into how unfair this is to newer players, now not only is it hard to find land claims but also super hard to build anything once you have them. Meanwhile starting players have lots of land claims and already made huge stone bases without a fraction of the work that it will now take me to build a small base

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hodo said:

11x11 is a large structure.  My house is only 5x7 and 4 levels high with no gates.   It is MORE than enough space for me to fit, 2 food lodders, 1 preserving bag, 6 storage chests, 1 cooking pot, 1 forge, 1 loom, 1 tannery, 1 smithy, 1 table, 1 mortar (on the table), 1 ship resource box, 1 ammo box, 4 swivel guns, 4 medium cannons and a bed.  With 2 small crop plots outside, a water reservoir on the roof with pipes leading inside for water for cooking and a water barrel outside for drinking.  

Hmm...  how much space do you need?

Maybe I am the Marie Kondo of this game.

I guess you play completely without tames? What the guy wrote is a TINY thing... consider having 2 Elephants, 1 Giraffe and a Rhino, some Bears and Pigs, and voila, your shitty tiny base wont fit any of that. Pls stop comparing others gameplay with yours if you dont even make use of all the content in the game...

Edited by DNAofDeath
  • Like 2

This patch made me wonder if this game is about boats or doing chores. The foundation by foundation and wall to wall style of base building by nature made this busy body shit necessary, imagine what it could be like if we just made easy to identify buildings for smithing, and tailoring, and just make a little living town with AI that'd defend it.. Nope we gotta play the crusades on the high seas and hide inside our giant sprawling autism forts and farm resources constantly because you need to do chores all the time just to have a bit of fun. The ship part of the game is losing its identity to the base building portion of the game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

I guess you play completely without tames? What the guy wrote is a TINY thing... consider having 2 Elephants, 1 Giraffe and a Rhino, some Bears and Pigs, and voila, your shitty tiny base wont fit any of that. Pls stop comparing others gameplay with yours if you dont even make use of all the content in the game...

You shouldnt take your anger out on me because you chose to play outside of your means.  

If you want to have those massive creatures then be prepared to build for those massive creatures.  Do you think having horses in real life is for the poor, hell no... people with SOME kind of money to keep the land and feed those beasts is a must.   You know these creatures are BIG,  but why would you need them if you are a small operation?  You wont be building 4 or 5 galleons a week.  You arent going to need 20k wood, metal and stone every 3 days for some massive project the company needs for defense.   No you should be satisfied with your smaller means and smaller goals.   Instead of trying to build a kingdom, why not just build a house and live within your means.   

And then you wonder why you get raided... because if you look like you have something of value, we WILL hit you.

11 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You shouldnt take your anger out on me because you chose to play outside of your means.  

Outside of my means... are you KIDDING me? I played ARK for 5100 hours, i played it from day1 where a lvl 20 Bronto took 10 Hours to tame, where you had to grind 3 Days for a little tiny Stone Building... I ALREADY HAD IT ALL, and now, here we go, they are doing it all over in Atlas again... and trust me, they will change it, and make it baby easy to get the ressources... nowadays in ARK i can build a GIANT stone base within HOURS...

You're a little ignorant prick who is really the one of us who is salty and full of anger, just you ignoring a huge part of the content doesnt mean the 99% of all other players do something wrong or not intended, we tame animals, we want to keep em safe, we want to do that in style (PVE) or the safest posssible way (PVP).

You act like it was too easy to craft stone shit before, it wasnt, it was well balanced, they just pulled that change outta their asses without giving any reason whatsoever, and as you can see, despite you ignoring the real world arround you, almost EVERY answer in this thread is players who do NOT like the change, for completely comprehensible reasons.

You already getting roasted by multiple other forum members for your narrow minded way of posting shit, so just stop it already, you posted your opinion, 99% of mankind disagrees, so move on, enjoy your little shit house and go play the game, be happy it didnt got ruined for you like it got for so many of us.

Have a nice day, prick.

Greetings
DNAofDeath

Edited by DNAofDeath
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

If you want to have those massive creatures then be prepared to build for those massive creatures.  Do you think having horses in real life is for the poor, hell no... people with SOME kind of money to keep the land and feed those beasts is a must.   You know these creatures are BIG,  but why would you need them if you are a small operation?  You wont be building 4 or 5 galleons a week.  You arent going to need 20k wood, metal and stone every 3 days for some massive project the company needs for defense.   No you should be satisfied with your smaller means and smaller goals.   Instead of trying to build a kingdom, why not just build a house and live within your means.   

And then you wonder why you get raided... because if you look like you have something of value, we WILL hit you.

It is quite simple... really... this is a video game, video games are supposed to be fun. Also, they allow you to do stuff that would normally be out of reach (while trying to maintain flow etc.).

PvP in both ARK and Atlas both seem to appeal to only hardcore PvP players who are willing and capable of banding together in large groups. Any other attempts at participating without a large group to back you up seem futile, and personally, I just don't have the time or will to even try engaging in PvP, hence why I only play these two games for the PvE content, and i play them to have fun with the game mechanics, exploring and leveling up to unlock new possibilites and generally just building cool stuff.

Generally, this early stage of Atlas reminds me a lot of how many issues there was with ARK in the early versions. Many resources were hard to acquire until they finally implemented more means of getting them. But that stuff takes time, and I don't see why it is necessary to make more expensive than it has to without proper tools at hand. If the sub had been out, and we had more options than sailing 4-5 grids away to get paste, it would not be such a big deal, as it just meant we would have pursue the other methods. Whether it be taming or unlocking new skills etc. as this would actually add some much needed variety to the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

Outside of my means... are you KIDDING me? I played ARK for 5100 hours, i played it from day1 where a lvl 20 Bronto took 10 Hours to tame, where you had to grind 3 Days for a little tiny Stone Building... I ALREADY HAD IT ALL, and now, here we go, they are doing it all over in Atlas again... and trust me, they will change it, and make it baby easy to get the ressources... nowadays in ARK i can build a GIANT stone base within HOURS...

You're a little ignorant prick who is really the one of us who is salty and full of anger, just you ignoring a huge part of the content doesnt mean the 99% of all other players do something wrong or not intended, we tame animals, we want to keep em safe, we want to do that in style (PVE) or the safest posssible way (PVP).

You act like it was too easy to craft stone shit before, it wasnt, it was well balanced, they just pulled that change outta their asses without giving any reason whatsoever, and as you can see, desotie you ignoring the real world arround you, almost EVERY answer in this thread is players who do NOT like the change, for completely comprehensible reasons.

You already getting roasted by multiple other forum members for your narrow minded way of posting shit, so just stop it already, you posted your opinion, 99% of mankind disagrees, so move on, enjoy your little shit house and go play the game, be happy it didnt got ruined for you like it did for so many of us.

Have a nice day, prick.

Greetings
DNAofDeath

You seem mad.... and I have no clue what this word is "desotie".... even Google has no clue what that is.  

Perhaps you should calm down.. maybe rub one out... light a bowl, eat a fungus and chill out.  All of that anger will be your DNA of Death... 

2 minutes ago, totrider said:

It is quite simple... really... this is a video game, video games are supposed to be fun. Also, they allow you to do stuff that would normally be out of reach (while trying to maintain flow etc.).

PvP in both ARK and Atlas both seem to appeal to only hardcore PvP players who are willing and capable of banding together in large groups. Any other attempts at participating without a large group to back you up seem futile, and personally, I just don't have the time or will to even try engaging in PvP, hence why I only play these two games for the PvE content, and i play them to have fun with the game mechanics, exploring and leveling up to unlock new possibilites and generally just building cool stuff.

Generally, this early stage of Atlas reminds me a lot of how many issues there was with ARK in the early versions. Many resources were hard to acquire until they finally implemented more means of getting them. But that stuff takes time, and I don't see why it is necessary to make more expensive than it has to without proper tools at hand. If the sub had been out, and we had more options than sailing 4-5 grids away to get paste, it would not be such a big deal, as it just meant we would have pursue the other methods. Whether it be taming or unlocking new skills etc. as this would actually add some much needed variety to the game.

Odd I always thought the point of open world sandbox PVP games was to be part of a larger team... maybe its because I came from WWII Online back in the day... or I was born before the 1980s... or perhaps I understand that you cant do everything alone.  

8 minutes ago, totrider said:

Yep I'm also playing pathfinder kingmaker where I found my own kingdom as an immortal archmage with nearly overwhelming power. Subjects and cities bending to my will. In real life I'm a blue collar worker who normally works a 12 hour + day to pay my bills. I don't want to play "Real life the Grindening" in a game, especially in a pirate themed game where I wan to be able to quickly and easily expand my stone barn that fits the theme of my gloomy tundra island so I can get back to actually sailing and exploring the world. Instead I have to spend half an hour dodging ships of the damned and travel grids away to get sap from a freeport so that I can maybe do a partial expansion then do it all again each time hoping one of these SotD wont be waiting at a border, or covered by fog or anything else to destroy my ship. This weekend I planned to tame a bear, try and do some treasure maps and build up to a Brigantine. Instead I'm harvesting sap and making organic paste while watching my small gold reserves dwindle as my crew get closer to mutinying. Not a whole lot of appeal here currently compared to other things I can be doing.

EDIT

Just to be clear as we have pedantic people here that's half an hour dodging SotD not half an hour total travel time.

Edited by Senkoau
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Odd I always thought the point of open world sandbox PVP games was to be part of a larger team... maybe its because I came from WWII Online back in the day... or I was born before the 1980s... or perhaps I understand that you cant do everything alone.  

Sorry that you don't enjoy PVE, but frankly stop trolling and fuck off.

Maybe the new age missed you, but games are about, I don't know having fun? it might seam strange but you are the minority in your opinions and all I can take your responses are a extremely sad attempt to troll. So frankly I was told to not feed the troll so after this message I am ignoring you and suggest the others do as well, you obviously get off on making people upset.

2 minutes ago, DNAofDeath said:

I edited my post, like i said, youre just too dumb to scroll up to reread it... it was a typo i made... told you that too, but i know in the age of like 8 yrs its hard to read a post to the end, right?

I see where you changed it after I refreshed my page.  Despite.. that is a FAR cry from desotie.   I guess all of the other misspellings were because you couldn't bother to correct them with the autocorrect?  And you are calling me dumb.  

1 minute ago, stargazer_dragon said:

Sorry that you don't enjoy PVE, but frankly stop trolling and fuck off.

Maybe the new age missed you, but games are about, I don't know having fun? it might seam strange but you are the minority in your opinions and all I can take your responses are a extremely sad attempt to troll. So frankly I was told to not feed the troll so after this message I am ignoring you and suggest the others do as well, you obviously get off on making people upset.

I enjoy PVE, but I also enjoy PVP.  I mostly enjoy winning.  And to win, you need to be part of a team, even the best Fortnite and PUBG players will form teams to get to the final 4.   

Dont be mad at me because you want to play minecraft.  

The metal is bad enough really, it isn't even about gathering it, hell even the sap I can go get, but they doubled the weight of it all, and more then trippled the effort to make a small building, and the larg3est complaint is theres no valid reason for such

1 minute ago, DNAofDeath said:

English isnt my mothers tongue, so fuck off with your grammar nazi shit, what you did is you passively insulted ppl for trying to enjoy the content of the game... must be a sad life for you, out there alone, always getting roasted by others for your odd opinions and not able to listen/read others communication to the end, right?

Oh, it isnt... well that explains a lot of things, things I did not point out.  If I wanted to go all "Grammar Natzi" on you I could pick apart everyone of your posts, and mine for that matter.  

For the last time please stop raging at me.  I have done nothing to you.  

2 minutes ago, stargazer_dragon said:

The metal is bad enough really, it isn't even about gathering it, hell even the sap I can go get, but they doubled the weight of it all, and more then trippled the effort to make a small building, and the larg3est complaint is theres no valid reason for such

I still think the requirements of metal is to high and sap shouldnt even be part of it.   Just like it is part of fur armor for no great reason.. I guess it is supposed to be glue... if that were the case you should be able to make it from fish oil or blubber. 

Sad part is I had gotten 1500 Saps just day before this change, was collecting with bear and was an accident, actually dropped a bunch.

But even with all that, the new design makes it so I would need to go back and just fill a ship with pasts just to have enough to build stuff, the metals more of a pain largely but for me it's more the point of the matter. There was simply no good reason for the change, it didn't fix anything, made things less enjoyable, made for more grind, over all I don't understand the why of it all

And a large nerf to dragons this patch as well, wonder if they're planning to slowly return stone structure to normal while using it to draw attention away from other changes they make?

They still don't get it do they .

The true deal breaker is the paste ! Cannon ball can be made en masses locally . Paste however is not depend on region , and Paste required for many stuffs already .At this rate paste may become more valuable than gold .

Keep the metal cost but REMOVE THE PASTE COST !

Post on Cost regarding current listed reduction cost for metal/stone

As a PvE player, these are still completely unnecessary, and it really doesn't change the outlook greatly on that this game just isn't worth the grind fest, for those that are more building focused. We build mostly for looks on PvE. If you HAVE to add something in, 10 metal & 5 paste would be reasonable, though it still makes 0 sense because stone structures don't use these materials. As it stands, 15 paste and 15 metal is still a steep cost, especially the paste component of it. If you are persistent with the metal aspect - increase the amount of metal mined from basic rocks,  and add way more metal nodes, as well as onto most islands that have mountains.

Not a good enough change, material cost should be removed entirely, or made to 10 metal / 5 paste at most. Do you guys (the developers) enjoy spending hours and hours sailing to get some resources to build something, on top of your daily work schedules?

Organic paste reduced from 20 to 15 ... 

35 pages, and they still don't understand the problem.

• Like 1

I feel like their response is an insult straight into our faces.

No communication.
Ridiculous small reduction, in their insane added cost.
Not a single word on the worst part of this patch, the reduction in strength for all stone buildings. (a reduction that was NOT needed, in fact stone was very easy to smash in the first place and would have been much more suited to a buff).

I don't know why i even bother trying to convey to them how bad this change is, i feel disheartened, and just want to quit this shit, which is sad, because this is not generally a bad game, its just being tinkered with by kneejerk devs, who seem to have no sense at all of what is needed, and how it will affect their playerbase.

• Like 2

Just now, Fiil said:

I feel like their response is an insult straight into our faces.

No communication.
Ridiculous small reduction, in their insane added cost.
Not a single word on the worst part of this patch, the reduction in strength for all stone buildings. (a reduction that was NOT needed, in fact stone was very easy to smash in the first place and would have been much more suited to a buff).

I don't know why i even bother trying to convey to them how bad this change is, i feel disheartened, and just want to quit this shit, which is sad, because this is not generally a bad game, its just being tinkered with by kneejerk devs, who seem to have no sense at all of what is needed, and how it will affect their playerbase.

Not really that easy to smash...

we spent 9 hours on Sunday firing 3 mortars and over 300 rounds into a fort... it was comical.  

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Not really that easy to smash...

we spent 9 hours on Sunday firing 3 mortars and over 300 rounds into a fort... it was comical.  

I smashed someones stone base with 1 medium cannon in minutes.

Ofcourse if you are attacking a well defended fort, with active defenders, its gonna take time, but if i recall correct, you did win didnt you? So whats the point, you attacked, you had 9 hours of hopefully great fighting fun, and you ended up winning, so stone wasnt "too tough" ?

Just because its PVP, it doesnt mean every attacker has some divine right to be able to waltz in and smash up everything with no effort put into it.
I guess your opponent put more than 9 hours into the fort, that it took you 9 hours to break?

• Like 1

redicuclous, still  0 sap on the Island x 2 makes 0 zap.
Oh, I forgot the bees. 2 sap per bee, wow (if you accidently find it).

3 minutes ago, Fiil said:

I smashed someones stone base with 1 medium cannon in minutes.

Ofcourse if you are attacking a well defended fort, with active defenders, its gonna take time, but if i recall correct, you did win didnt you? So whats the point, you attacked, you had 9 hours of hopefully great fighting fun, and you ended up winning, so stone wasnt "too tough" ?

Just because its PVP, it doesnt mean every attacker has some divine right to be able to waltz in and smash up everything with no effort put into it.
I guess your opponent put more than 9 hours into the fort, that it took you 9 hours to break?

Oh we won... and it was fun.  But the mortaring of every small building just to get the NPCs inside was a bit much.  

From what i understand , Mortar is for fighting ship and killing personal , not smashing building like normal cannon.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:03 AM, Implicitlee said:

NO IT ISN'T metal is need to craft metal in ARK STONE IS NEEDED TO CRAFT STONE

The requirements to make any Metal Structure in ARK, is Metal Ingots, and Cementing Paste.

Cementing Paste is not necessarily the same as Organic Paste, which seems more like Polymer/Organic Polymer, both of which are much easier to come by than Organic Paste.

The issue here is that they seem to be trying to find a way to reduce the number of structures.  That will only be done with Structure Limits by Company...not by individual.

If Fiber needed in Stone Structures isn't going to stop the spamming of structures, neither will the inclusion of paste, nor the reduction of the strength of stone structures.  Reducing the strength only makes me want to put more of them up.  Instead of 2 or 3 walls thick, I will want to double that.  And build more structures.  I will simply do the collecting of ingredients more often, and do other things less...to bet my structures.

Want less structures?  Increase their strength, and set Company Structure limits.  If you are over limit, your structures start taking damage.  Give two weeks to reduce structure count before decay starts, to allow those over the limit to reduce their structures.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1