Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Just now, Axden1 said:

I'm happier with the change. 15 organic past is still a lot, but I can make it work for now.

I won't be happy until they remove the metal requirement entirely.

• Like 2

already lost half the people in my grid from the last update..now the rest might quit. Just not good enough

• Like 2

11x 11 base of stone walls with 1 large gate and a floor and a roof

so 2*(35* (11*11) ) floor and roof = 8470 metal fore single layer floor and roof
2 walls with large gates so 3*(2*(11*35) ) = 2310 (2 walls long enough for the 2 gates and only 3 tall)

so assuming the 2 gates where already made your looking at  10,780 (13,090 -  metal- with 4 walls

this isn't even a huge building and already uses about as much metal as a galleon, that's not going into mistakes uneven land pillar supports, floor 2, or anything else

Galleon uses 14,920 metal. so when your all done galleon likely use less metal then a simple building.........

so 2*(35* (11*11) ) floor and roof = 8470 metal fore single layer floor and roof
2 walls with large gates so 3*(2*(11*35) ) = 2310 (2 walls long enough for the 2 gates and only 3 tall)

so assuming the 2 gates where already made your looking at  10,780 (13,090 -  metal- with 4 walls

this isn't even a huge building and already uses about as much metal as a galleon, that's not going into mistakes uneven land pillar supports, floor 2, or anything else

Galleon uses 14,920 metal. so when your all done galleon likely use less metal then a simple building.........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darcek said:

The people have been heard!

Stone Structures crafting costs have decreased by reducing the metal cost by 55% and reducing the organic paste requirement by 25%

f**k that they have, this is NOT enough

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoneSilverWolf said:

Heard but not listened to. There is absolutely NO reason that a stone structure has a metal requirement. So they lower a stone wall from 30 to roughly 15 metal. NOT good enough. These devs are fucking idiots.

It's still 9 cannonballs to take one down. Literally five flint, 30 gunpowder and 25 metal, and you have a cannonball left over.

• Like 1

if we were heard they would get rid of them, just add metal tier to building and you fix the balance issue of previous buildings being so much easier as well as all the other complaints

Edited by stargazer_dragon
spelling
  • Like 1

Only way we will get this fixed is if we stay hard on the devs till they ACTUALLY listen, keep it up if it takes a day or a dammed year, well by a year we just all drop the game and move to one where the devs listen

• Like 1

Just now, Crazytheman said:

ye i will say remove paste .. and keep metal i wont mind .. but the paste rly ? I live in  Tundra!

Paste makes sense for mortar. Metal makes ZERO sense for a STONE structure.

Hey isn´t that nice for ALL the PVP players who love a Challenge 🙂

Change is Good and i am sure since it is early access there will be lots more changes during the 2 years where people cry,or say they quit and so on and so on.....

Mistake was made, and fixed. Unfortunately based on what the actual fix is it is clear it was not understood what the mistake was. Cya later ATLAS.

• Like 1

So, this is how I would go about evaluating if their changes seem fair and balanced (mainly taking the perspective of a PvE player):

Main steps of progressions towards adventure and exploration:

Cold regions: Get a claim in cold region -> build initial shelter and dying very often due to best clothing being cloth, until you get a wooden house -> only go out at day, and when not raining to achieve levels until you can make hide armor -> be able to go out during the day without freezing to death, build a proper ship -> go look for sap and bring back paste -> make fur armor, congratulations, you can now survive the weather in your cold home region and start contemplating expansion, exploration and adventure.

Warmer regions: Get a claim in a warm region -> build shelter and build up stock -> gather materials and build a better ship -> start contemplating expansion, exploration and adventure.

There are some players who will only settle temporarily and live on their ship, others who will join existing companies, get help etc. But this is just assuming the baseline gameloop for players to get started. Naturally, both cases have more factors like dealing with hostile animals, maybe taming etc. but I just wanted to cover my view on the gameloop from getting started until you are established in the game. 

Obviously people will view these two examples differently, and it it also a completely different situation when you remember that this is in fact marketed as an MMO, not a singleplayer experience.

I am personally totally for the idea of another tier of structures, or changing the stone recipe to just metal, stone and thatch (metal, stone and wood is way to heavy in my opinion, let alone adding the expensive factor by keeping the cost of fiber).

What do you guys think?

20 minutes ago, stargazer_dragon said:

11x11 is a large structure.  My house is only 5x7 and 4 levels high with no gates.   It is MORE than enough space for me to fit, 2 food lodders, 1 preserving bag, 6 storage chests, 1 cooking pot, 1 forge, 1 loom, 1 tannery, 1 smithy, 1 table, 1 mortar (on the table), 1 ship resource box, 1 ammo box, 4 swivel guns, 4 medium cannons and a bed.  With 2 small crop plots outside, a water reservoir on the roof with pipes leading inside for water for cooking and a water barrel outside for drinking.  

Hmm...  how much space do you need?

Maybe I am the Marie Kondo of this game.

Edited by Hodo

24 minutes ago, darcek said:

The people have been heard!

Stone Structures crafting costs have decreased by reducing the metal cost by 55% and reducing the organic paste requirement by 25%

No it's still a punch in the face, instead of a punch in the face and nards.

• Like 2

In tropical i have no sap. 25% less Sap requrement if there is no Sap wont help me.

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

In tropical i have no sap. 25% less Sap requrement if there is no Sap wont help me.

Agree.
As long as sap is limited to temperate biomes (??) its wont matter if requirement is 5 or 25.
Still not making it possible to make a place to call home where you have a smaller chance of getting offline raided.

5 minutes ago, Talono said:

Lol,Darth Talono,I can feel the troll side in you!

Im in Tropical and we have both Suger and honey.

29 minutes ago, Hodo said:

11x11 is a large structure.  My house is only 5x7 and 4 levels high with no gates.   It is MORE than enough space for me to fit, 2 food lodders, 1 preserving bag, 6 storage chests, 1 cooking pot, 1 forge, 1 loom, 1 tannery, 1 smithy, 1 table, 1 mortar (on the table), 1 ship resource box, 1 ammo box, 4 swivel guns, 4 medium cannons and a bed.  With 2 small crop plots outside, a water reservoir on the roof with pipes leading inside for water for cooking and a water barrel outside for drinking.  

Hmm...  how much space do you need?

Maybe I am the Marie Kondo of this game.

if you want an elephant then this is the minimal size needed for large gate

I find it disturbing that this topic is so hot and I have yet to see an single legit dev response other than a "we are looking into something" and then just to quietly include a reduced cost fix, for an update that could take who knows how long to come out. I find it seriously disrespectful to the player base.

I usually find livestreams very enjoyable, but that first one just rubbed me the wrong way. Jatheish, you never once look at the camera, at your audience, and the other guy in the black hat... I felt like shoving bamboo up my fingernails listening to him. It is rare to listen to someone talk that much without saying anything. It felt like it was double speech, using big words to say in no main way, what should of taken 5 minutes. Then to ignore chat an not addressing ANY of their embarrassing issues the just had with the "breach". When chat was going crazy. Seriously, just say, "we are looking into things and will get back to you." Anything. I let it pass. I thought that it was just their first stream, it will get better.

Then the FOY. I need not say any more. Nothing like having a sweet debuff, being penalized for plaything the game. You may say, "just go to the FOY". Well I did, and roll backs happened. I just can't bring myself to go a third time. Not so soon.

Now this. It is simple. Everyone is making GREAT points, and we just get the silent "reduced" cost. Seriously, if I am to get plowed, buy me dinner first. Just revert the damn change, admit you tried something that was better on paper than deployment, and gain some of the respect you all lost. We are here because we want this to succeed. Give us something to go on here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, darcek said:

Lol,Darth Talono,I can feel the troll side in you!

Im in Tropical and we have both Suger and honey.

Not every island has every resource in a region.

I know there is no crystal on my island and very little fruit, but on an island just north of me, there is a ton of crystal, and fruits.  

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

Again sorry I only play on Pve, I cant dedicate the hours to protecting something pvp, Only needs Stone for protection against Alphas and Looks

Sounds like PvP is easier than PvE

3 minutes ago, stargazer_dragon said:

if you want an elephant then this is the minimal size needed for large gate

I dont want an elephant or a rhino, or a bear... or even a bull... I have 2 chickens and a rabbit because I wanted something different.  Nothing else.

The new system means you start building wood and minimize the stone to just what is absolutely needed for animal protection, seams a super strange design to force a entire tier of building to be so stupid that pvp and pve just ignore it as much as possible toi use the tier before it. course to respond to that I bet they simply fuck wood up next

• Like 1