Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

13 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

by 90% of the replies on this post, rollback the last change.

Okay to help you, for math seems not to be one of your strength: 90% of 770 replies (Not counting you probably Made a lot replies yourself)of 17.000 Views are 3% overall, who agree. In the real world "Most" means over 50%. 

You dont need to thank. You are Welcome, Dude.

Edited by Apokh
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Apokh said:

Okay to help you, for math seems not to be one of your strength: 90% of 770 agrees of 17.000 Views are 3% overall, who agree. In the real world "Most" means over 50%. 

Dude what point of STFU do you NOT GET? Your idea of keeping metal and paste in Stone was stupid,  Although this is NOT ARK, it is ARK there were not metals or pastes in Stone Structures except maybe gates, they had metal structures which is pretty much what have now done in ATLAS, Either rename Stone Structure in Atlas to Metal Structures OR rollback the change put 10 minutes work in and create a Metal Tree for Skills.

Edited by Implicitlee

2 minutes ago, Apokh said:

Okay to help you, for math seems not to be one of your strength: 90% of 770 replies (Not counting you probably Made a lot replies yourself)of 17.000 Views are 3% overall, who agree. In the real world "Most" means over 50%. 

Worst math ever, wrongly assuming the opinion of all viewers.
This however is how statistics are born to be part of political discussions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aleeya said:

Worst math ever, wrongly assuming the opinion of all viewers.
This however is how statistics are born to be part of political discussions. 

Don't feed the idiot Troll who ironically called me the Troll

4 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Selling organic paste in polar region, pm me

I do like this idea of having to trade resources, except the Land Claim grab week one has made it very unfair, what does the guy sitting on a 3 x 3 foundation spot of land have to trade with a Company that cheesed 28 islands in week one?

I think right now the idea of the paste is bad.. metal is good, but the amount is bad.

My suggestion would be this...

stone-40

Metal-5

Thatch-20

Wood-10

no organic paste.  

The metal would represent the use of chisels and pins to get the shape right.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Apokh said:

I did not ask for other opinions, neither do you. So thanks for your reply.

14 minutes ago, Apokh said:

I dont care bout you thinking self-congratulations and insulting does rectify trolling and misbehavior. People are free to have their opinions. Ask Mr Trump... This is not your private playground, Dude. 

You give your opinion on the infamous stone nerf, then somone (funnily enough, the original OP) gives his opinion to yours, and then you go on attacking him and derailing the thread out of the blue.
I would advice taking a step back and consider if this is in any way constructive to the topic of this discussion.

Noone said your opinion was invalid, someone just didnt agree with your view.

And maybe in the future, keep your fingers off your keyboard, if you are not prepared to recieve feedback, when you write your own opinion on a public forum.

Just now, Hodo said:

I think right now the idea of the paste is bad.. metal is good, but the amount is bad.

My suggestion would be this...

stone-40

Metal-5

Thatch-20

Wood-10

no organic paste.  

The metal would represent the use of chisels and pins to get the shape right.  

I think the amount of skill points it takes to actually get stone crafting offset the need for metal,  with the new costs and nerfs to strength it's way cheaper in both skill points, time and materials to put 2 layers of wood instead of 1 layer of stone, which increases buildings to worsen server performance rather than improve it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

I think the amount of skill points it takes to actually get stone crafting offset the need for metal,  with the new costs and nerfs to strength it's way cheaper in both skill points, time and materials to put 2 layers of wood instead of 1 layer of stone, which increases buildings to worsen server performance rather than improve it

It really isnt that many skill points when you factor in the average level of the playerbase.

Stone walls should be mildly expensive but not impossibly so for some regions.  

• Like 1

As many have pointed out making stone more expensive and weaker all they are going do is increase building as people build more layers to defend, making stone cheaper and stronger would have been the fix not the total opposite.

You reacted to this

Yes, thats why i cant understand the deffs. And Walls or Fenceelemts which have a bigger size and good health will worked too. Or a Pvp time for example from 18 till 0 o clock. So you have the chance to defend your base or have a chance to play real pvp. Not Player vs Structures

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

It really isnt that many skill points when you factor in the average level of the playerbase.

Stone walls should be mildly expensive but not impossibly so for some regions.  

lol I don't do bigger pictures I play solo, I was fortunate I managed to build my Stone base the day before this patch hit, I have now specced out of stone as I don't need it but it free'd up something like 16 points or something because you have to take crafting speed 1,2 and 3 before you can actually take Stone. The point is Grapshot atm are just giving half hearted fixes to massive game breaking problems.

Too Many Building affecting server performance (week 3 of the game, what are they expecting week 187) No spend money increase server performance and ironically their fix could actually increase buildings.

Too many Wolf spawns, kill wolf spawn almost completely, now snake run rampant and no wolves to tame. instead of actually spending 5 minutes changing spawn rates to the point of balance.

Weight Griefing The easiest fix and probably the most hard hitting to the griefers is the minute the ships sinks instant death, they would die and lose all resource and pets they had, instead no you float above deck and cannot really move so some people innocently get stuck.

Land Claim Cheese, instead of removing it until a proper fix they make it so Land Owners (cheesers) can "ALLOW" others to build on it, at which point he cheesers can revoked the rights and take everything you build or in most cased "NOT ALLOW" others to build.

These are just 4 of the many many many half hearted and pathetic fixes they have made. But hey don't worry the dev kit is out modders will save the day right?

18 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

lol I don't do bigger pictures I play solo, I was fortunate I managed to build my Stone base the day before this patch hit, I have now specced out of stone as I don't need it but it free'd up something like 16 points or something because you have to take crafting speed 1,2 and 3 before you can actually take Stone. The point is Grapshot atm are just giving half hearted fixes to massive game breaking problems.

Too Many Building affecting server performance (week 3 of the game, what are they expecting week 187) No spend money increase server performance and ironically their fix could actually increase buildings.

Too many Wolf spawns, kill wolf spawn almost completely, now snake run rampant and no wolves to tame. instead of actually spending 5 minutes changing spawn rates to the point of balance.

Weight Griefing The easiest fix and probably the most hard hitting to the griefers is the minute the ships sinks instant death, they would die and lose all resource and pets they had, instead no you float above deck and cannot really move so some people innocently get stuck.

Land Claim Cheese, instead of removing it until a proper fix they make it so Land Owners (cheesers) can "ALLOW" others to build on it, at which point he cheesers can revoked the rights and take everything you build or in most cased "NOT ALLOW" others to build.

These are just 4 of the many many many half hearted and pathetic fixes they have made. But hey don't worry the dev kit is out modders will save the day right?

I am level 48, I have points to spare right now... but I dont have taming anymore I dropped it because I realized I dont need it.  While it would be nice to have a Elephant to do wood gathering or a bear for fiber.  But I can just spend a little time myself and get it myself.   

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am level 48, I have points to spare right now... but I dont have taming anymore I dropped it because I realized I dont need it.  While it would be nice to have a Elephant to do wood gathering or a bear for fiber.  But I can just spend a little time myself and get it myself.   

I do have an elephant and Rhino so need to keep riding 3, but here is another issue with half hearted efforts Bulls are supposed to be good for Thatch, So I Tamed a level 30 Bull but I go out on my Bear and use a metal pick because 1 it doesn't pick up 8000% more berries than thatch and 2 the pick harvests twice as fast as the Bull

1 hour ago, Implicitlee said:

Don't feed the idiot Troll who ironically called me the Troll

I do like this idea of having to trade resources, except the Land Claim grab week one has made it very unfair, what does the guy sitting on a 3 x 3 foundation spot of land have to trade with a Company that cheesed 28 islands in week one?

Land grab... when we were a 6 man we easily got on island with large groups and pvped our way through it. You would be surprised to see how many large companies have terrible land pvpers.

Edited by Bad News Bear

1 hour ago, Bad News Bear said:

Land grab... when we were a 6 man we easily got on island with large groups and pvped our way through it. You would be surprised to see how many large companies have terrible land pvpers.

Again sorry I only play on Pve, I cant dedicate the hours to protecting something pvp, Only needs Stone for protection against Alphas and Looks

Edited by Implicitlee

Agree with change. The buff to wood puts it in line with old stone.. stone is the new Tek.. basically in a ark to atlas compare wood doesnt exist in atlas with ark stats.

3 hours ago, Apokh said:

You should try going back to school.  Obviously you learned nothing, but everyone deserves a second chance.

I can come back to this thread 20 times to check for updates.  That's 1 person with 20 views, so basing you math on a variable is pointless.  The only way you can get an actual value is by going though posts and counting, or by holding a poll:

Which, when I last looked, was over 90% agreeing that the changes should be removed.

Edited by Jizzah
  • Like 1

Regarding V16

THIS IS NOT SUFFICIENT

I do not want to play a game that requires me to farm distant metal nodes, in a predator infested environment, all f**king day.

I do not want to WORK in my game more than I play. 

Still needs sap, which is not present in all regions.

Still no explanation why the f**k you made this change in the first place!

Why do you hate your playerbase?

What kind of brainless idiot is directing these changes?

MAKE THE GAME WE WANT TO PLAY, OR LOSE US COMPLETELY. 

Honestly, “just get f**ked” is how I think they feel about me as a gamer and a customer.

•  
  • Like 2

Stone Structures crafting costs have decreased by reducing the metal cost by 55% and reducing the organic paste requirement by 25%

Not even close to good enough.  Off to play something else instead.  Pity, I was enjoying this 😞

If you do want to retain some of your player base on official servers, remove this idiotic change completely.

See the source image

Edited by Jizzah
  • Like 1

The people have been heard!

Stone Structures crafting costs have decreased by reducing the metal cost by 55% and reducing the organic paste requirement by 25%

Just now, darcek said:

The people have been heard!

Heard but not listened to. There is absolutely NO reason that a stone structure has a metal requirement. So they lower a stone wall from 30 to roughly 15 metal. NOT good enough. These devs are fucking idiots.

I'm happier with the change. 15 organic past is still a lot, but I can make it work for now.

• Like 1