Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

22 hours ago, Coggage said:

Well, that's the zones with Sap (and equivalents) all going to be walled off and fortified very shortly.  :D

Not going to read the thread past this point.  Mostly just complaining.  Regarding this post though:

There is literally sap in freeports, areas you can die to teleport too or easily travel too and are unable to be walled  off.

We load a bear on a ship, sail to a nearby one and gather enough sap and fiber to fill 2 or 3 chests.  Build a few ramshackle sloops and put nothing but mortar and pestles on em.  QUEUE UP LOTS OF PASTE.  Problem solved.  You can do this in a few hours solo and far less with a friend or three.

Anyone who is struggling to get sap just isn't playing the game well and needs to stop turtling on their one island and actually leave port.  Paste doesn't even weigh much.  

• Thanks 1

There is no way theres enough sap to support this, the sap is already beeing sealed off by the bigger companies. Really screwing new players. If the devs want us to stop building and start exploring, then they need to give us a game mechaninc that keeps our ships when we go to work/school, sleep or generally live our life. Instead of balancing the game around offline raiding and other dumb shit.

1 hour ago, Knivet said:

Its funny what the devs do, one day they say they give advantage to the person being raided, 6 days later they add this patch that proves the oposite, now its to easy to raid people, espesially offline raid people.. 

To be fair, there's no way the developers actually know that this is what it does. They have never opened the game client outside of testing whether or not the exe launches, let alone played the game for more then 20 minutes for cinematics/memes/exhibition. 

5 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

To be fair, there's no way the developers actually know that this is what it does. They have never opened the game client outside of testing whether or not the exe launches, let alone played the game for more then 20 minutes for cinematics/memes/exhibition. 

They have stated they do play from time to time themself in the livestream, so they know

1 minute ago, Knivet said:

They have stated they do play from time to time themself in the livestream, so they know

I, and I'm sure many others, find that hard to believe...

21 minutes ago, Faicorf said:

I, and I'm sure many others, find that hard to believe...

Im not going to argue about that one, the updates they do is pushing the server further and further away from the fun part of this game from my point of view.

Submarines and monsters isnt what i see as the fun part of this game, would be cool to stay with the pirate theme the game started with. 

Rather adding more types of ships, replace SotD with pirate ships and so on.. but.. yeah..

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Knivet said:

You can bet if Devs play the game they spawn in everything they need, and if they DO NOT spawn everything and harvest it like we do then " STOP PLAYING GAMES AND GET BACK TO WORK FIXING THIS" no time to play games damn it.

• Like 1

They need to do a siege window timer so off raiding bullshit doesn't happen if they are going to make raiding bases so easy. A raid window of like 2-3 hours(like Darkfall online) where the attack places a siege stone which can be destroyed and stop the raid and a window of when they raid actual starts and finishes with the defenders as the victors if the base is captured.

30 pages and still no reply. Unbelievable.

I've never seen anything like this. Ark was bad but this is worse.

30 pages on a EA, where you're giving us EA to give you feedback on the game and don't even give us the decency of replying.

@Dollie @Jatheish Give us something please, something to hold on to. People are becoming more pissed off and frustrated due to the lack of reply from yourselves.

Edited by Bradley1928
  • Like 2

Devs already mentioned that they prefer keeping this insane stone change to keeping their customers.

The first few weeks I read the patch notes with hope and interest.  These last few have just been pure morbid fascination.  And not even due to bugs or admin account hacking either.

The neutral flags that are barely used and have a ton of issues.

The (needed) heavy nerf to fire arrows while not fixing or changing spawns and alphas.  Oh and regular arrows are now shit too.

Floating on another players ship without any velocity to leave it.  Exploit still exists because you CAN USE THE BACK LADDER to sink them still.

The fountain of youth and age debuff fiasco.

And than this last patch with the stone changes, large ships ramming smaller ships with no consequences, and a token nerf to the dragon that takes the full 8 hours to kill.

EDIT - Oh and the invincible puckle.  🤔 why are "turrets" even a thing again?  Especially like a week after the dev diary saying they hated them.

Edited by Kyorin

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They are discussing internally what the player feedback has been.

Just to clarify my feedback.

This change to stone makes no sense in the context of reducing it's durability at the same time, if anything it should have moved in the opposite direction with this new resource cost. Stone's durability is far too close to wood (which I do not believe should be made weaker) for a craft that requires you to go to the end of the construction tree and also has this heavy a craft cost.

I am fine with the resource cost but only in the context of shifting some resources around map wise. The fact that there are tropical paradises abundant in every resource type (Metal? You got it. Crystal? Sure. Gems? No Problem. Sap? Loads of it. Oh and have loads of wood, fibre, thatch, and stone too. Also have good weather and the most aesthetically pleasing "piraty" environment... really?) with a highly defensible topography seems off kilter to say the least. If you are going to make it so Tundra regions are so harsh there should be a trade off for that, currently I am struggling to see one.

Thanks.

Edited by Not Happy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They are discussing internally what the player feedback has been.

He also wrote that in this thread 2 hours ago.

I agree to prevent players from building anywhere and anyhow. Especially those who have big doors everywhere or those who block resources.

But prevent the players from building anything, no.

2 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You know what's really hilarious about tomorrow's 2x event.  The 2x training.  I'd need a bigger stable to put those tames in and guess what. That would cost me metal and paste that I don't even have on my island. 

2 x 0 = guess what

Sorry for the inconvenience we give you double of nothing, double lol.

4 hours ago, Talono said:

It seems all of this is a psychological social experiment how much punishment players can take till a revolution takes place.

I thought this already with ARK, but as the team moved on I think there is some staff with mental illness.

Grapestone please check your staff against mental illnesses and get rid of these persons.  These people might help in the beginning, but destroy everything once they get bored.
Identify and fire them.

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

You can bet if Devs play the game they spawn in everything they need, and if they DO NOT spawn everything and harvest it like we do then " STOP PLAYING GAMES AND GET BACK TO WORK FIXING THIS" no time to play games damn it.

and if they get bored traveling with their spawned in ship, they surely use move to admin commands.

41 minutes ago, neoloid said:

2 x 0 = guess what

Sorry for the inconvenience we give you double of nothing, double lol.

Well. I never was a mathematics genius, but...

2 x zero SAP on island harvesting is.. hmmm.. zero ?

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Well. I never was a mathematics genius, but...

2 x zero SAP on island harvesting is.. hmmm.. zero ?

There is something additional wrong with 2x.

Try gathering stuff on 0% tax and some on taxed areas.  The equation doesn't work that well. Seems more like they also doubled the tax rate or have a serious calculaion error with it.

Just because of the seemingly slim chance the devs would read this thread, I think i'll just restate a few points that i made earlier, but that i've also, while reading the thread, been strengthened in my belief is at least somewhat aligned with other players feelings on the matter.

Stone (double triple) NERF:

Before this patch, very few (almost none) though stone was too strong! In fact, I've been involved with basetakedowns involving 1 medium cannons, that opened someones base in a few minutes, it was NOT hard, and it did NOT require time or planning in any way. In fact my feeling was that it was way too easy.

What did the patch do, it double nerfed it for no reason at all in strength (2.5x + 60%), sapping it of strength it didnt have to begin with!
Then on top of that, it made it cost both a rare commodity, AND a huge amount of metal.
Each of these changes (even seperated) were uncalled for, and unneeded, but together is just utterly insane.

So lets talk a bit about why wood is NOT a viable solution:

Wood cannot keep out animals, animals that because of the state of AI is seemingly happy to chew on foundations/walls whatever for hours, the only thing that made this behavior not gamebreaking, have been them not being able to chew through stone. (My company have even, because of wildlife, had to doublewall, because of them eating away at items inside our base, THROUGH our stonewalls... go figure.
Also, wood is very VERY VERY! easy to break into by players equipped with nothing but common tools in hand. So would offer almost no protection at all.

Possible solutions:

Revert the changes while you reassess the situation, while you keep a post-it on your monitor at all times, with the words "Stone is NOT too strong" and "Stone need to be buffed NOT nerfed" and last but not least "Even IF we still want to add cost to stone, it should still be FUN to build with".

And to end off this little essay, i'll just say, for me, and for my company, the next few days will be vitally important! If we see no changes, we will simply stop, yesterday we all took a break, that break will be prolonged if no changes come, and for now, we will probably at most, check in, so we don't loose what little assets we have to decay.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Fiil said:

Just because of the seemingly slim chance the devs would read this thread, I think i'll just restate a few points that i made earlier, but that i've also, while reading the thread, been strengthened in my belief is at least somewhat aligned with other players feelings on the matter.

Stone (double triple) NERF:

Before this patch, very few (almost none) though stone was too strong! In fact, I've been involved with basetakedowns involving 1 medium cannons, that opened someones base in a few minutes, it was NOT hard, and it did NOT require time or planning in any way. In fact my feeling was that it was way too easy.

What did the patch do, it double nerfed it for no reason at all in strength (2.5x + 60%), sapping it of strength it didnt have to begin with!
Then on top of that, it made it cost both a rare commodity, AND a huge amount of metal.
Each of these changes (even seperated) were uncalled for, and unneeded, but together is just utterly insane.

So lets talk a bit about why wood is NOT a viable solution:

Wood cannot keep out animals, animals that because of the state of AI is seemingly happy to chew on foundations/walls whatever for hours, the only thing that made this behavior not gamebreaking, have been them not being able to chew through stone. (My company have even, because of wildlife, had to doublewall, because of them eating away at items inside our base, THROUGH our stonewalls... go figure.
Also, wood is very VERY VERY! easy to break into by players equipped with nothing but common tools in hand. So would offer almost no protection at all.

Possible solutions:

Revert the changes while you reassess the situation, while you keep a post-it on your monitor at all times, with the words "Stone is NOT too strong" and "Stone need to be buffed NOT nerfed" and last but not least "Even IF we still want to add cost to stone, it should still be FUN to build with".

And to end off this little essay, i'll just say, for me, and for my company, the next few days will be vitally important! If we see no changes, we will simply stop, yesterday we all took a break, that break will be prolonged if no changes come, and for now, we will probably at most, check in, so we don't loose what little assets we have to decay.

What he said.
The game should be hard and have obstacles to overcome, but there HAVE to be elements of fun thrown in the mix.
As it is right now, game is tilted towards: 
a. forcing people into large companies that can claim and hold rare resource land (this is very bad)
b. griefers that offline raids (this cant be prevented and is part of the game, but needs better cost/benefit balancing)

Edited by Aleeya
  • Like 1

To be honest, i think one of the main reasons for this change, was to keep the game and the servers stable. It was a way to easy to build gigantic base, even for single player. I build a complex including a giant house, insane giant stable, defence walls, etc easily. When i logg into the game, it often takes some time till every part of my complex is loaded and visible. And imagine, its only me, one part of the whole city of the company.

This patch will defenetly stop people from building such giant structures. And i dont think wood buildings are worth expanding.

Somehow i agree with the devs, because i prefer a stable game, but lower the cost of metal and paste to like 5 or 6 per part and we have a good compromise.